Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: Illarion  (Read 45242 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Illarion
« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2008, 08:26:00 pm »

Maybe try Firefox.  I wouldn't trust Explorer any further than I could throw it, and given that it doesn't have a physical form, it can't be thrown at all, which ought to tell you something.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2008, 09:00:00 pm »

Well I don't know about you guys, but I think I'm making decent money with herb gathering.  I just made a silver piece after about fifteen minutes of gathering foot leaf.  How much money do we need to buy our own land to build on?  I'm going to keep working on it for now.

I also have a ton of grain for baking and I got a wooden spoon, bucket, and rolling pin from another player, but I still need a peel if I'm going to bake.  Can one of you guys make me one of those?  We'll have all the food we can eat if we get one of those.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2008, 10:12:00 pm »

I've got sickles (as well as a scythe and a flail), cabbage seeds (which don't grow in Troll's Bane.  Bloody merchant ripped me off), about 30-50 wheat grains, and that number again in bags of flour.  I've also got six or seven silver pieces and a few coppers as well, in case you need any extra cash.

Lessee...  I've also got scissors, needles, tongs (no idea what they're used for.  Maybe you could ask that in your thread?), a shovel, a saw (I think), and some other assorted oddball items.  I've got lots of weird stuff, if you see me, just ask about something and I'll have it or know how to get it.

Except, I have no idea what to do with wild herbs...  Not a clue.  

Since you were bold enough to actually ask for help (us menfolk don't need to ask for directions, you see), would you mind asking what the command for teaching someone is?  I haven't been able to find so much of a scrap of info on the subject.

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 31, 2008, 05:36:00 am »

Kagus, i've done a bit of looking on those forums, especially when ii asked where i could get carpentry tools, and repairing DOES raise your skill, but only a little at lower levels.

but there was nothing about tutoring or the like.

Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 31, 2008, 08:42:00 am »

Tongs are used for gemcutting, miners start with them. Also I'm comming on for the first time in a while!

Edit: Where are you both? In the mine? I had to log off for a while and now you're gone!

[ March 31, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 31, 2008, 11:14:00 am »

We're in town, near the north Depot.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 31, 2008, 11:30:00 am »

Alright, I'm just helping out a clueless newbie, we all know how tough learning Illarion is, so I think its my duty to show him all the shortcuts etc.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 31, 2008, 01:27:00 pm »

I'll probably get back into this game once there's a need for fighting. Shame I didn't start with a craftsdwarf like you people.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 31, 2008, 01:46:00 pm »

Well, that was fun.  I just thought of something when we were goofing around in there...   Dwarven performing troupe.

We could act out our own plays whenever crafting resources (or our own desire to craft those resources) got slim, and ask for donations if folks liked the play.  We could do comedies, dramas, and...  Whatever else they had back then.  Hell if I know.

Something to do when working gets dull.  Write out a play here, practice it a bit, and then announce that we'll be performing.  Who knows, we might make a few coppers off it.

Oh, and I'm out of iron again.  But I've got some really shiny metal pants!

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 31, 2008, 02:03:00 pm »

Cheers, the newbie vanished on me and I'm tired so I'm logging off.

Edit: Oops, he was standing next to me while I was typing this so I didnt see him, I'm still logging off though!

[ March 31, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 31, 2008, 02:30:00 pm »

So, is this game any good, and does it really stick to the "Be IC At all times" or did it devolve into runescape?

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 31, 2008, 03:26:00 pm »

well, to be fair, you can go deep into character, or just have casual character, most of the time when we're playing we're in casual character, but when something big happens, we go into deep character.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 31, 2008, 04:19:00 pm »

Explain casual character to me.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2008, 04:06:00 am »

Well, there's deep roleplay (really get into the chaacter, perfect the accent, describe your char's actions, even the small stuff), and then there's the other kind (get into the character, do the accent for fun, and describe important actions.  Have fun, and keep up a performance for the game masters so you don't get banned).

I've got a little over forty blocks of coal left.  Remember to save me a few spots of mining goodies Dark, can't have you selling off all my experience.

I'm going to make a few trips out to the Eastern mine so I can get some more iron to make goblets out of.  Damned finesmithing won't let me make anything out of copper yet!  That's why I made the damn thing in the first place!

And it's a completely separate skill from regular smithing.  Whee, no prior experience benefits.  I'm actually better at farming than I am at finesmithing...

Speaking of which, I suppose I should get to making some more grain for your bread, Hurgan.  This time, I'm bringing a cow to the fields...  Grain is pretty damn heavy after a while.  

When I'm finished, I'll bury you under a mountain of flour!  Muahahahahaa!

And did you really only make eighteen breadrolls from all the flour I gave you?  That's a pretty bad conversion rate...  I'd best get to making lots of the stuff.  Gives me something to do when the iron's run out.

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2008, 04:09:00 am »

Oh yeah Kagus, i decided to mine you some iron, because i keep giving you Mace handles.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21