Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: Illarion  (Read 45245 times)

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Illarion
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2008, 11:16:00 am »

mm, i was thinking, instead of starting a new guild, why don't we join one of the already established ones that speak english.

EDIT: i'm the only one still playing this, aren't i?

[ March 26, 2008: Message edited by: Bullion ]

Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2008, 07:21:00 pm »

Blargh, probably.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2008, 11:52:00 am »

I haven't had internet access for most of the day.  I just now got a connection, I've been playing Conquest of Elysium all day.

Needless to say, that's rather inhibiting...  But I got a great new idea for a character!  Thing is, I don't think wilderness herbs can be used for anything yet...  So a witch wouldn't have much to do except cook.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2008, 11:38:00 am »

I'm planning on popping on in a little bit.  Is anyone else going?

Double post to bump topic.

EDIT:  Does anyone know if you can actually do anything with herbs?  The wiki says druid magic isn't in the game, and I can't find references to it anywhere else.  I'm assuming then that a "witch in the woods" would be rather out of the question.  I suppose a pure magic-user could work, but what's the fun in that?  I'd rather just have an orcish chieftan or a human woodsman living out in the wilderness.

Heh, I thought of an orcish clan idea recently.  Just find some spot you like and camp out there, making lots of campfires and cooking whatever things you can come across.  The only real problem with that is that you're severely limited in what you can make.

Perhaps make runs to the nearest town, selling furs (for whatever they're used for...) and lumber for other goods, and also just using the workshops there?  

Maybe that's what we should do.  Looking at the interest this thing has picked up (we've got what, four players?  Five?), I don't think the dwarven fortress is gonna be coming around any time soon.  Or at all.  

An orcish (or just woodsmanly) settlement would be easier, because you really just need an open spot big enough so you can all stand around comfortably, plus wood for making campfires, and a nearby herd of something edible.

Or we could become a halfling adventuring group.  I could be the bard, which currently has no use whatsoever.  The bard or the cook, whichever.

Or, we could try and continue with our beardy fellows.  Maybe we'll make something of ourselves, but I'd really rather not latch onto someone else's success (E.G., joining a guild).  Make some moolah off of coal sales, clear out my depot a bit by running some shield and helmet sales for new adventurers, and then make lots and lots of stuff so we can get really powerful, and then we can go kill something.  

Adventurers get all the fun...

Hmmm...   Evil council of mages?  We could hide out in a fitting location, employ local orcs for our dirty work, and spend all day summoning various minions.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how that zombie epidemic started?

Oh, by the way, my character's got a cold.  Don't stand to close to him.

[ March 28, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2008, 12:31:00 pm »

i'm currently away from my PC, but i like the Orc woodsman idea, mabye throw in a robbery motive in there too, (of course, we'd need to tell them)

Also, Rakust has a cold too, i was wondering what that is, does it come about by Logging off outdoors or something?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2008, 12:40:00 pm »

No, I caught it from Logrin Parr, who was working in the smithy at the time.  I had been following him for a bit, and it seemed like he started sniffling some time after going in there.  I'm not sure what it is that causes it, and I don't know how to cure it either.

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2008, 02:22:00 pm »

I think it caught it from him too, it only started after i talked to him.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2008, 12:25:00 pm »

Okay.  Yesterday, I saw Rakust.  That's it.  I haven't seen Hurgan/Dark for quite some time, apparently he's still in the desert drinking free wine.  Damn idgit...  I NEED IRON!  I NEED COAL!  I NEED...  MORE SPACE!

I lost the rest of the sickle handles, all the gems from the recent mining expedition, and some random fruit because I left a bag out for too long.  I've had to resort to stuffing a bag and then putting the bag inside the depot, since it can't hold the individual items anymore.  Too much junk.

I think the chest in the tavern is regarded as a seperate depot...  If so, I'll have somewhere else to stash my loot.  I really need to get rid of some of this armor...

I've also stocked up on pins.  And, I recently attained knowledge of how to produce razor blades.  I have made a few razors (which, for some strange reason, need sickle handles.  Lucky me, I had some) and a pair of tongs.  I have no clue what tongs do, but I'm sure it's something.  Or perhaps something else.

I should've been a carpenter...  You guys always have raw materials to work with.

Oh, people keep bugging me to teach them (well, two people).  Supposedly, there's a command which allows you to impart some of your knowledge upon an apprentice, and that's what they want me to do.  I asked someone how to do it, and he responded with *g*, asterisks included.  I haven't been able to get anything g-related to act as a command yet, but I'm working on it.

If we can figure this thing out, it could be very handy.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2008, 03:24:00 pm »

Blargh, again. If you pester me enough I might come back, but all this "go get coal, bring coal back, sell coal, make rabbit dish" is getting rather repetative. Orcish bandit camp would be an option if we could actually make the camp rather than just have a campfire, where would we store our junk? Not to mention orcs in Illarion are... dumb. "Yubba"? "Nub"? "Yoos"? Madness!

Cabin in the woods sort of thing would be fine... if we could actually build a cabin. We cant make our own hamlet without being a guild and without paying lots of money. The most we could do is ask Trollsbane or some other place if we could build a house on their land, and that also costs lots of money.

None of that is including the crazy amount of resources we need, of which we are severely lacking in wood, and money.

Money!

/sighs

Alright! I'm done ranting about the sheer difficulty of this. Forgive me!

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2008, 05:07:00 pm »

What do you have in your depot? i can take some space for you if you'd like.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2008, 07:26:00 pm »

Hello, all.  How's the game going?  I read through a few of the posts but I don't have the time to read the whole thread.  Do you guys have a fortress yet?

I notice that a lot of the players of this game speak German.  I'm a student of German trying to get as much practice as possible, as I'm hoping to go to grad school over there in the fall.  So if you guys want, I could act as a translator for you.

Also, how is everyone?  I've been gone a while.  Anything important happen?

I'm going to go download the game now.

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2008, 01:47:00 am »

the depot is huge.  use the mouse wheel to slide it over to the left.
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2008, 02:01:00 am »

I'm aware that the depot is huge.  I'm aware that I can slide it over to reveal more space.  I'm also aware that in all that extra space, I've got four spots left.

I've got a lot of junk.

I've got logs, shields, helmets, unfinished tools, cabbage seeds, copper bars gold bars, fur, random herbs, scissors galore, needles, throwing stars, some processed stone, a couple unfinished axes (including my "cursed" orcish axe which can never be finished since it's buggy), pins and cotters, pins, a touch of thread, my extra cash, and some other random tidbits that I don't remember at the moment.

Mostly, space is being taken up by shields, helmets, scissors and needles.  Some of the shields are nice, most of the helmets are crap, all of the scissors are bad, almost all of the needles are great.  However, nobody needs them.

I've also got several passably good razor blades, but they're in a bag.

The problem with all this stuff is that I don't know the "really good" designs.  So even if I do make one hell of a round metal shield, nobody will buy anything less than a tower shield anyways.  Same goes for helmets, although pot helmets apparently have a slightly higher interest.  Lucky for me, they're rather cheap to make, and I'm pretty good at them.

I just need to start selling this stuff.  If I can find enough new players at one of the high times, they may be interested in some of the goods.

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2008, 08:01:00 am »

how many logs do you have? i'm a budding Carpenter so i can make some use of them.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2008, 08:15:00 am »

Not sure, I think I've got one apple log and about thirteen to seventeen cherry logs, plus a few cherry planks.

Come on...  Cherry is nice wood in the real world, why can't you make anything good out of it in Illarion?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21