Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Mandates C++ DF version 0/1

Right now, it's coming right now. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING! GET READY!
- 5 (2.5%)
Soon, sometime this week maybe.
- 2 (1%)
Should be coming out this month.
- 4 (2%)
Any month now, before january.
- 41 (20.2%)
Not right now, early 2009 most likely.
- 71 (35%)
Mid 2009...
- 21 (10.3%)
WAAAAAAY into the next year, maybe.
- 8 (3.9%)
I've given up all hope, and resorted to selling my soul to a willing god for the next DF version.
- 5 (2.5%)
Only Toady one; the great, knows.
- 27 (13.3%)
Let me be specific, and post my own prediction!
- 2 (1%)
I'M TOADY ONE; THE GREAT, STOP ASKING; IT SHOULD BE OUT WHEN I SAY SO!
- 17 (8.4%)

Total Members Voted: 203

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Predict next release, circa 0.28.181.40d  (Read 2964 times)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Predict next release, circa 0.28.181.40d
« on: October 20, 2008, 06:03:58 pm »

Ah, since we've been waiting for quite sometime, long enough for someone to make a topic like this... me.

Predict the likely hood of the next release. And option 11 is left for... you all should know who.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Predict next release, circa 0.28.181.40d
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 07:40:50 pm »

I'M TOADY ONE; THE GREAT, STOP ASKING; IT SHOULD BE OUT WHEN I SAY SO!     - 3 (12%)

Things just haven't been the same since Toady fell into that cloning machine.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 07:51:33 pm »

I'M TOADY ONE; THE GREAT, STOP ASKING; IT SHOULD BE OUT WHEN I SAY SO!     - 3 (12%)

Someone's still in it.
I'M TOADY ONE; THE GREAT, STOP ASKING; IT SHOULD BE OUT WHEN I SAY SO! - 4 (13.8%)

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 09:25:25 pm »

I'm gonna say roughly five-to-seven years.

I'm such a $%$#ing optimist.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 09:51:49 pm »

Someone's still in it.
I'M TOADY ONE; THE GREAT, STOP ASKING; IT SHOULD BE OUT WHEN I SAY SO! - 4 (13.8%)

I really should stop before that becomes a rabit habit.

I'm gonna say roughly five-to-seven years.

I'm such a $%$#ing optimist.

Hay! I'm also a dollar sign, percent, dollar sign, number,ing optimist! Though five-seven years I'd say it should be done.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 10:58:09 pm »

We are in the middle of another version drought. If you ever wanted to make a fortress that uses up every tile of a 6x6 area copperblazes style, but always fail because you get addicted to a new version here's your chance.

I will be waiting to hear about the 3d copperblazes.  Why don't I make it you ask?  Because I mod. After about 40 dwarves I usually get another idea for a new animal/vermin/megabeast/civ/metal/plant/landsquid and have to implement it.

Oh and my guess as to the completion time?  Late December or early January.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 07:30:50 pm »

We are in the middle of another version drought. If you ever wanted to make a fortress that uses up every tile of a 6x6 area copperblazes style, but always fail because you get addicted to a new version here's your chance.

I will be waiting to hear about the 3d copperblazes.  Why don't I make it you ask?  Because I mod. After about 40 dwarves I usually get another idea for a new animal/vermin/megabeast/civ/metal/plant/landsquid and have to implement it.

My problem is that I can't commit to longevity when sieges are so shrimpy. I WANT INFINITELY ESCALATING DIFFICULTY!
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 09:58:13 pm »

Got any siegers that can fly over walls? Since you have mentioned it.

Sort of.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 10:29:34 pm »

I have given goblins a wyvern [mount] creature but I never got to the point where they bring mounts to test it properly yet.  Some of what makes a civ have access to a creature(especially the use good animals and use evil animals) are still a bit of a mystery to me.

If ya want any old goblin to be able to fly over walls though just give them [FLIER].  Doubt you even need to regen the world.  Call them the wicked witch's flying monkies or something.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 10:40:41 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 01:14:25 pm »

Linear regression based on the past 5 days puts the release at about 70 days from now, assuming no new numbers come up and the release occurs when the Number hits 0.  The date will doubtless move further into the future when the model has more data and a month-end break or two to contend with.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 01:16:57 pm by JoRo »
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 02:34:09 pm »

I have given goblins a wyvern [mount] creature but I never got to the point where they bring mounts to test it properly yet.  Some of what makes a civ have access to a creature(especially the use good animals and use evil animals) are still a bit of a mystery to me.

If ya want any old goblin to be able to fly over walls though just give them [FLIER].  Doubt you even need to regen the world.  Call them the wicked witch's flying monkies or something.

Well if five days, three hours, and 2-3 minutes of lurking on this forum have taught me. A civilization will typically have materials, and animals depending on their location, so really having your goblins settle exactly on the same place as wyverns, asuming the animals don't totally kill them, and are probably trainable. They may tame them, and use them as war animals, you could also check the beak dogs profile.

Javewa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 03:15:59 pm »

I'M TOADY ONE; THE GREAT, STOP ASKING; IT SHOULD BE OUT WHEN I SAY SO!     - 8 (8.2%)

The cloning machine works! Now we have EIGHT Toadys that can program 6.81 times faster (diminishing returns caused by cloning errors).

Awesome! The new version should be done by mid-november.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 12:50:12 am »

I'd like to counter:
Only Toady one; the great, knows.
with "Not even Toady knows when."
(And neither do the other 8 )

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 04:25:37 am »

1 option is missing: "When it's done. [Blizzard style]"  ;D

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 11:04:34 am »

I'M TOADY ONE; THE GREAT, STOP ASKING; IT SHOULD BE OUT WHEN I SAY SO!     - 10

That cloning machine is kickass.
Toady needs to send it to the government and become famous..  But wait, would he still want to have anything to do with us if he did that?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries
Pages: [1] 2