Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What to do with Titan...  (Read 1481 times)

guyinthecrowd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What to do with Titan...
« on: October 19, 2008, 10:01:52 pm »

Hey... I just got my first fotress with dwarven economy not 20 minutes ago and shortly after I got the economy a Titan attacked! So you could imagine how excited I was. I got like 10 marksdwarves, set them up by my drawbridge, got everyone else indoors, and then the titan stepped on my cage trap and is now trapped in a Birchen cage (not before killing my hammerer though :D).

So... hes now sitting in my animal stockpile... and I dont know what I can do with him as I've never dealt with a Titan before. Can anybody tell me what I can do with him?
Kill the babys. DO IT FOR SCIENCE

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with Titan...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 10:24:17 pm »

Set up cage traps outside of a prominent nobility room. Set up the cage inside the room. If an impossible mandate comes along, lock the door and release the Titan.

If the noble kills the Titan, they are awesome enough to live.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

onehellofatable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 10:26:57 pm »

I was gonna suggest digging a pit and having a wrestler recruits (read: soap makers) vs titan tournament deathmatch, any survivors become immortalized as heroes. But actually, I like Duke's idea more :P
WGOIMF: Just lost 12 miners (all but 1) to cave ins within the span of an hour mining out a 20x20 pit

......Nothing could be done, it was the will of Armok!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 10:29:46 pm »

Either way, there are only two results:

Slaughter. Glorious slaughter.

Epic heroes. Like a random cheesemaker ripping out a dragons face on the first turn.

And either way, we win.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 10:33:25 pm »

I have 2 bronze collossi in cages downstairs. I seriously don't know what to do with them, so I've walled them up in their cages.

Poor immortal suckers are gonna be staring at andesite for the rest of eternity, but BCs just regenerate too quickly to mess with.

sbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 10:34:31 pm »

Put them in a zoo. Or your throne room.

guyinthecrowd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 10:36:35 pm »

Hmm.... so if I dig this pit, how might I place the Titan in it?
Kill the babys. DO IT FOR SCIENCE

Morberis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 11:10:47 pm »

It`s too bad you can attache them to chains and place them at the front of your fortress. I`d like to see goblins make it through those guard dogs.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 11:30:14 pm »

Put them in a zoo. Or your throne room.

Not a good idea. If someone tantrums and breaks the cages you'd have a loose one in your fort.

Just leave in in one of your noble's rooms, OP. They should think twice about mandates with a titan in their closet.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 01:34:47 am »

"Mommy, what's that noise?"
"Oh son, that's just the titan hiding in your closet, now be a good boy and go to sleep."
"But what if he gets out?"
"Don't worry about it. Remember the legend: as long as our fearless leader noble refuses the urge to mandate, the titan shall remain forever bound within his iron tomb."
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 09:04:14 pm »

"Mommy, what's that noise?"
"Oh son, that's just the titan hiding in your closet, now be a good boy and go to sleep."
"But what if he gets out?"
"Don't worry about it. Remember the legend: as long as our fearless leader noble refuses the urge to mandate, the titan shall remain forever bound within his iron tomb."

I would imagine that would make the kid stay up all night.

"Can't sleep... Titan in closet... only a matter of time... mandate coming... will it be Adamantine, or clear glass... only a matter of time..."

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 03:41:52 pm »

Titan? Decent arena material!  :D

toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 07:26:49 pm »

in order to release build two rooms. one big, one small, seperated by a door or w/e. you build the trap in the smaller room, connect it to a lever, connect the seperating door to a lever, pull the lever to open the door, pull the other lever to release the titan. he probs wont move, so drop a gobbo or a dog or w/e in through the ceiling (thats what i did at least...just channel through the roof. might want a hatch though cuz the dwarves get scared. The titan runs out into the room and probably throws the bait across the room. Then, pull the leve to close the door. Now you dwarves can retrieve the cage and other stuff, and the titan is safely enclosed in the arena. You can add combatants either through the air lock, or just dump em in through the roof.

BIG HINT: make sure you build the cage, and dont "pit the animal", because the dwarves wont be able to lead him very far.
-Toast-_

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 05:42:10 am »

Indeed. Watching a titan (or any megabeast, for that matter) slaughter a full squad of goblins in an arena is a joy to behold :D
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 09:34:02 am »

Indeed. Watching a titan (or any megabeast, for that matter) slaughter a full squad of goblins in an arena is a joy to behold :D

Hell yeah.  8) ..I also tend to do the following: After the various captured creatures have finished the arena fight, I send in 15-20 naked dwarves to fight vs. the creature(s) who survived the first arena event. ;D
Pages: [1] 2