Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A whole lotta questions...  (Read 2522 times)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
Re: A whole lotta questions...
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 03:06:25 pm »

I wonder what's the most goblins that could possibly be in a siege.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 03:38:31 pm »

1. Charcoal and coke have a base value of 10 per bar, so it's more valuable than making walls from stone or wood, but only like 2 or 3 times.  It's also used for steel, but I'm sure you know that and don't have any flux.  If you wanted to build stuff with it, knock yourself out since walls can't burn.

i dont think so. i belive there is at least 1 type of stone that catches fire so if you were to make walls and building out of it youd be in trouble because one spark could fry your entire fort

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 04:17:24 pm »

If I understand you correctly, you're complaining that your dwarves aren't putting furniture into bins? Furniture, like wood and stone, doesn't go in bins. So for every piece of furniture you make, there must be an empty square in the stockpile.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 04:24:12 pm »

or you just leave it in the workshop :D
Military dorfs are the busiest if their partner is also in the military, Military children are my forts future, also its hilariously tragic when a mother carrying her child into battle gets hit, and the baby dies....
I fixed that up for you.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 04:55:28 pm »

About the goblins: do you happen to have any floating goblins on your map?  Don't bother checking the unit list, they won't show up there.

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 05:11:15 pm »

If I understand you correctly, you're complaining that your dwarves aren't putting furniture into bins? Furniture, like wood and stone, doesn't go in bins. So for every piece of furniture you make, there must be an empty square in the stockpile.
I think he's saying his furniture stockpile, which is where unused bins go, has bins in it.
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 07:30:44 pm »

^^^^^^what he said. I've got spare bins in my furniture stockpile. It's my finished goods stockpile that needs them.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 07:32:40 pm by Marlowe »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 07:37:10 pm »

1. Charcoal and coke have a base value of 10 per bar, so it's more valuable than making walls from stone or wood, but only like 2 or 3 times.  It's also used for steel, but I'm sure you know that and don't have any flux.  If you wanted to build stuff with it, knock yourself out since walls can't burn.

i dont think so. i belive there is at least 1 type of stone that catches fire so if you were to make walls and building out of it youd be in trouble because one spark could fry your entire fort
Yes, there are PLENTY of stones in reality that will burn or explode.  All constructed walls in DF are completely indestructible.
Workshops, I'm not so sure about.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2008, 07:46:19 pm »

Yes, there are PLENTY of stones in reality that will burn or explode.  All constructed walls in DF are completely indestructible.
Workshops, I'm not so sure about.

I know workshops made of ice can be destroyed by melting, since the 'stone' is actually part of the shop's inventory, and therefore still effected by stuff around it.  I'll bet a lignite workshop would burn if you fit it with magma.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2008, 07:53:27 pm »

So if I build a gangplank out of coke over the volcano, put my 2 captured Bronze Collossi on it, and drop them in I might get a nice bang?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2008, 07:55:27 pm »

So if I build a gangplank out of coke over the volcano, put my 2 captured Bronze Collossi on it, and drop them in I might get a nice bang?
Bronze is a metal.
You'll get them turning into their statue itemcorpse and then that subsequently melting into a bronze cloud in the magma, which would then disappear.
No default DF stones will explode.

Yes, there are PLENTY of stones in reality that will burn or explode.  All constructed walls in DF are completely indestructible. Workshops, I'm not so sure about.
I know workshops made of ice can be destroyed by melting, since the 'stone' is actually part of the shop's inventory, and therefore still effected by stuff around it.  I'll bet a lignite workshop would burn if you fit it with magma.
Ah, yes, that's it. Buildings that show up in Q aren't part of the actual tile.  Constructed walls and floors on the other hand ARE, and will not be destroyed. Q buildings (workshops, etc) will be destroyed, as the materials used are still defined as items, including their temperature tags.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 07:58:59 pm by jaybud4 »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2008, 07:57:51 pm »

Doublepost?  How'd...?
Server must've screwed up when I edited in with my response to Aqizzar.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 07:59:43 pm by jaybud4 »

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2008, 08:10:04 pm »

Anyone care if I ask a question of my own?

If i built a 1x1 hole in the ground, then put a disc trap in it and used it as a blender, would the blood pool together to make ponds of blood?

Just curious cause I've never heard of blood pooling together and I wanted to make a shrine to Armok

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2008, 08:30:47 pm »

It used to way back before our time.

It's been turned off. I think it was just for show and ate processor?

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2008, 08:33:15 pm »

It used to way back before our time.

It's been turned off. I think it was just for show and ate processor?

Armok will not be pleased :o
Pages: 1 [2] 3