Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Spore Editor  (Read 57930 times)

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Spore Editor
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2008, 06:39:17 pm »

I myself am totally satisfied and not at all upset about features that this ~~FREE DEMO~~ has.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2008, 06:40:37 pm »

My favorite's always been the one where he used global warming to turn the planet into a volcanic corpse.  If only Al Gore knew the destructive potential of carbon dioxide.
Shoes...

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2008, 07:07:48 pm »

The limitations are probably to keep it simple for the stupid kids that will inevitably be screwing things up.  EA has to have lots of customers, and what better than stupid people?

Have you ever thought that maybe people don't make simple games for stupid kids but for  normal, casual-like people?

Simple != stupid
Complex != smart

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2008, 08:18:21 pm »

I don't know, I call the millions of sold copies of NFLs 2K1-2-3-4-5-6-7--900 pretty stupid.
Shoes...

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2008, 09:38:46 pm »

Judging someones intelligence by the complexity of the video games they play is pretty stupid aswell.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2008, 09:40:28 pm »

The problem isn't the complexity, the problem is that the games are all the same, but people are dumb enough to keep funneling money into EA's pockets, which just lets them make more underwhelming games.
Shoes...

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2008, 09:51:45 pm »

There's a difference between saying people who buy the same game multiple times are dumb and saying they're "Keeping it simple for the stupid kids".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2008, 09:57:19 pm »

They have been dumbing it down, although this is probably partially so they can release what should've been standard features as expansion pack content.  Not as much stupid as just plain evil, because they know some of us have been waiting for years, and will buy the expansion packs without a second thought.
Shoes...

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2008, 10:00:12 pm »

Am I the only one that's annoyed about every creature creator being the trial and demo version?

There's no point in torrenting the trial version of the goddamn editor.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2008, 10:08:59 pm »

It turns out, my graphics card (Radeon 9250) is too weak for this...
So much for those elder things from Mountains of Madness  :P.
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2008, 10:19:18 pm »

Can someone email me the editor thing? It's too damn large for me to download, too expensive... I'll PM with my address...
I'm confused. Don't you ... download e-mail? Or does your ISP have some kind of funky bandwidth rules that exclude e-mail attachments?
Yes, in fact it has. The ISP has a range of services and pages defined as "internal", accessible without raising VPN, and thus, free. Among those are a local eMule net, a crapload of servers including WoW and L2, and since recently, all services of yandex.ru, including their 10Gb-per-person email service.
Although it seems they limit message size to 20megs... damn...  oh well.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2008, 10:28:41 pm »

I completely forgot about Elder Things.  I already did Cthulhu, Gugs, and Yithians, although Yithians turned out hideously, Gugs are barely passable, and Cthulhu looks more like a tentacled duck-man-thing.
Shoes...

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2008, 03:12:08 am »

Sorry if what i said made me sound like an ass Doom i was just trying to understand why he was dissapointed with it (it was also 12 o clock at night). After reading his other post i can see why hes upset because like he said hes been following it since it popped up at GDC and if they have cut out some of the features he was really looking forward to then i would agree but i have only been following it for a couple of months so i don't know what they have taken out.

Metal Chao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2008, 03:14:05 am »

There is a point torrenting the free demo.
It's because the free demo won't be released for another two days or so.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2008, 03:29:35 am »

Although it seems they limit message size to 20megs... damn...  oh well.

It is still possible to rar (archive) the whole thing with "divide into multiple files of size ..." option turned on and then send it by multiple emails with 10Mb attached to each. I know that people with similar ISP politics were doing it in the past and don't know if all this is worth it in your case.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16