Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Spore Editor  (Read 57928 times)

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spore Editor
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2008, 02:00:00 pm »

You don't have to register it or anything, you just download it from your favourite torrent site or whatever then install it and play.

Metal Chao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2008, 03:00:00 pm »

Also you get about six parts in each menu.
And you don't have the full range of paint patterns either.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2008, 03:22:00 pm »

I'd rather just torrent the actual editor.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2008, 03:27:00 pm »

I've made a video with Caramelldansen, It's not my best but it was fun to make
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OzGfaR1MQo

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 03:29:00 pm »

I'm not even going to bother with the editor.  I'll just wait for the real thing in September.  Doesn't seem like a whole lot of fun to just make creatures and not even be able to see them in-game.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 05:31:00 pm »

Well, you get to walk around in the "test-drive" thing. That's about it.

I made a gorilla-like thing with a really screwed-up torso and long blade-tipped arms coming out the back. I want to see one fight, now...  :(

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2008, 05:46:00 pm »

Hmm what would you think of a spore rick roll?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2008, 09:42:30 am »

You should definitely be able to make creatures fight.  I have a Balrog, and Cerberus, and a stalk-like plant creature with a delish moustache, and a cyclops, and now I'm gonna make a GCS.

Creatures!

Giant Cave Spider

Balrog

Senator Oddbody

CTHULHU!

Moustachio, looking quite dashing.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 10:21:04 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Vugor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2008, 10:05:54 am »

oOo

must......download.......

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2008, 12:02:53 pm »

Am I the only one who almost cried when I saw how the editor worked? The Spinal system greatly restricts the shapes you can create, and its ridiculous that everything has to be symetrical. Dont even get me started on the complexity meter. WTF is up with the stats system?!?!?!?!?! Why is my bright pink creation considered stealthy simply because I gave it grass for armpit hair??? Something should be stealthy cos its a sand coloured snake in a desert or a brown thing with a green top in a forest. Then we get onto to combat, why would adding a spiked ball to the back of somethings neck increase the power with which it punches??? Come to that why is one spike in the centre considered as powerfull as two side spikes??? And why must you give something five pairs of wings before it can even jump a decent height??? Surely jumping, and speed should be increased by increasing leg muscles and strength through increasing arm muscles. And I hope to god that swimming equipment is included in that other 3/4. This is spore, what I downloaded was an abomination!
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2008, 12:33:29 pm »

Am I the only one who almost cried when I saw how the editor worked? The Spinal system greatly restricts the shapes you can create, and its ridiculous that everything has to be symetrical. Dont even get me started on the complexity meter. WTF is up with the stats system?!?!?!?!?! Why is my bright pink creation considered stealthy simply because I gave it grass for armpit hair??? Something should be stealthy cos its a sand coloured snake in a desert or a brown thing with a green top in a forest. Then we get onto to combat, why would adding a spiked ball to the back of somethings neck increase the power with which it punches??? Come to that why is one spike in the centre considered as powerfull as two side spikes??? And why must you give something five pairs of wings before it can even jump a decent height??? Surely jumping, and speed should be increased by increasing leg muscles and strength through increasing arm muscles. And I hope to god that swimming equipment is included in that other 3/4. This is spore, what I downloaded was an abomination!

The demo is extremely limited but it looks like the stat system is there to stay.

In nature, can you name a creature that /isn't/ primarily symmetrical?

With a little practice, you can actually force the spinal system into doing a lot of different stuff, it's a bit confusing at first.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2008, 12:42:32 pm »

*Desire to make the game fully lifelike and freeform.*

You seem to be confused about the creator of Spore.  It was made by a guy named Will Wright, who you seem to have confused with God.  I think this is probably as good as it can possibly be, although I agree on the symmetry thing, I just got screwed over trying to make a Chimera, and my Yithian would be a lot better if you could flatten the bottom of the creature, but still.  It's very polished, easy to use, and has a huge amount of variety.  You're being the girl who cussed out her mom because she got a black Lexus and wanted a   Porsche.

Also, your video link is broken, but if I know what video you're referring to, it's extremely old, and swimming/flying were cut out.  They'll probably be in expansion packs within a year of Spore's release.

Personally, I was blown away by the CC demo.  I expected to mess around for ten minutes or so, make a creature or two, and get bored with the lack of functionality.  Several hours and almost 30 creatures later, I'm forcing myself to not make any more.  All of them are completely different from the others.  I'm amazed at the variety here.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 12:48:34 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2008, 12:48:17 pm »

It is done...
The horror... THE HORROR!

Oh and guess what?

First attempt at a dwarf
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 01:26:20 pm by Pnx »

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2008, 01:28:03 pm »

Ok I will admit I went a bit overboard with the denounciation and despite the fact that the creator is a massive dissapointment it is still very good, I will always hate the way speed and strike damage is handled though and while I realise creatures on earth are symetrical I wasnt aware that that meant all creatures in the universe had to be. Ill never forgive the complexity meter as it always hampers my creations and im sure there are other ways to handle overpowering creatures, as for flying and swimming going out that was one of things i was most looking forward too and by removing it they have left me with the feeling that this will be a case of "evolve the wierd shaped human"
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2008, 01:30:40 pm »

Well Will Wright did talk about the similarity to Star Trek, I believe, which pretty much only has weird-shaped humans.

Oh, and I need to make a dwarf, now...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16