Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ultimate Fortress, of Ultimate Carnage (DF ultimate showdown parody)  (Read 2631 times)

Viro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

THIS WAS NOT MADE BY ME! It was made by my friend (who wants to remain anon)

Old titan was hopping around, anusedspikes like a big cavern, when suddenly a batman burst from the shade, and bit the titan. titan got enraged and began to attack, but didnt expect to be blocked by urist furyensure who proceded to explode titans head, but elf flowerylove charged out of the blue and broke urist's head but they both got mauled by the batman who tried to get back to his cave, but cog beerthinkin became undead and took out a crossbow out from his hat and shot batman with a FWUMPH WUMPH TINK and he became over-exerted and ran away, as dragon came to eat batman. This is the ultimate fortress, of ultimate carnage, Elves, goblins, and booze bombs, as far as the eye can see, only one will be supreme, i wonder who it will be, this is the ultiamte fortress, of ultimate carnage. Titan exploded the dragons head as batman came back with a mangled head then elf tinklewinkle ambushed from the back and urist furyensure was faint and trying to get up as cog beerthinkin came back with a +shortsword+ but something caught his leg and he fell, tamed hatedberry took him out with his *scourge*, and he reached for his blowgun which he couldnt find because the batman stole it and he blew and missed and elf tinklewinkle took it with his fist and leaped in the air and did a roll as cog beerthinkin tried to ambush the dragon and they collided in the air and both got webbed by a giant cave spider. This is the ultimate fortress, of ultimate carnage, Elves, Goblins, and booze bombs, as far as the eye can see, only one will reign supreme, i wonder who it will be, this is the ultimate fortress, of ultimate carnage. gods stared out, with astranged music, down from the skies, decended Iron Blood, who deleivered a punch, which could shatter bones, into the face, of tamed hatedberry, who fell over on the ground, completley insane, as the batman flew into the sky, but Iron Blood saw this, and became enraged, and shot down the batman with his eye. then magical gray and magical white, and ren bitin and the black knight, and goblin muss lestinky, and the blue thingy, and ranger xautis and tomi the genie, urist goldenback, hammerman, captain kort and technologic gator, ho man, super gutah, every single crossbow-ranger, galwk, bronze collosus and muscle logan, ambushed out of nowhere at the speed of 1 and kicked iron blood but failed miserably, it was the bloodiest failure the world ever saw, with peasants looking on in total awe, the war raged on for 100 years, many lives were armok's and they all saw the supreme, Iron Blood with his blood and vomit encrusted self. This is the ultiamte fortress, of ultimate carnage, elves, goblins, and booze bombs, as far as the eye can see, only one will reign supreme, i wonder who it will be, this is the ultimate fortress (this is the ultimate fortress) this is the ultimate fortress (this is the ultimate fortress) this is the ultimate fortress, of ultimate carnage.

Sorry about the shitty formatting

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Fortress, of Ultimate Carnage (DF ultimate showdown parody)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 02:02:10 pm »

I think I'd have to hear this to fully enjoy it.  I've heard of the song, but I can't quite come up with the tune.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 02:08:10 pm »

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xwBK31tC5QM

^ There you are. That's the original.

Contains blood.. so if you're a bit squeemish.. you probably shouldn't be playing df either.
When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 02:09:28 pm »

Read the first few lines.  No rhymes, doesn't scan.  Couldn't go on.

It's not really so much parody as a mad-lib.

edit:  Oh god, tried to jump into the middle.  Arrrrgh.  I get the impression English is not the author's first language?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 02:13:42 pm by McDoomhammer »
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Viro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 02:14:58 pm »

Read the first few lines.  No rhymes, doesn't scan.  Couldn't go on.

It's not really so much parody as a mad-lib.

edit:  Oh god, tried to jump into the middle.  Arrrrgh.  I get the impression English is not the author's first language?
It is, he just whipped it up.  He told me with DF's names its quite hard to rhyme. Noe he's yelling at me because it was a crude start

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 02:18:06 pm »

Hmm.

Why'd he have you post it then?  I've done this sort of thing before (Hell, I had the same idea and dismissed it as too difficult the other day) and I wouldn't throw something open to public ridicule opinion until it was finished.

Hey, now I think about it, I think this was done before, I remember contributing a couple of small suggestions.

EDIT:  And what's he yelling at you for?  You didn't write it or make these comments...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 02:20:34 pm by McDoomhammer »

DR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 02:20:50 pm »

This is terrible.

I'm also willing to bet that you made this and made up this "friend" thing so you'd have some plausible deniability if it turned out people didn't like it.

Viro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 02:23:02 pm »

This is terrible.

I'm also willing to bet that you made this and made up this "friend" thing so you'd have some plausible deniability if it turned out people didn't like it.
You'd lose your money then.

Viro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 02:24:20 pm »

EDIT:  And what's he yelling at you for?  You didn't write it or make these comments...
I wanted to post it to see how people would react, however he opposed but I went and did it anyway

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 02:28:12 pm »

What mystifies me is that large chunks of it seem to have nothing to do with either DF or Ultimate Showdown.  "Magical grey"?  "The speed of 1"?  Also, usually song parodies actually sound like like (as in are sung to) the parodied song.  You know there's problems when the title, which is also the chorus, is blatantly a syllable short.

Also, in that case he has a right to yell.

Viro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 02:30:05 pm »

What mystifies me is that large chunks of it seem to have nothing to do with either DF or Ultimate Showdown.  "Magical grey"?  "The speed of 1"?  Also, usually song parodies actually sound like like (as in are sung to) the parodied song.  You know there's problems when the title, which is also the chorus, is blatantly a syllable short.

Also, in that case he has a right to yell.

Speed of 1 = Ultra fast tag in the raws
and magical grey as quoted by him "its hard to think of names, you do it."

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 02:43:49 pm »

It's a long list of known characters.  It wouldn't work because DF doesn't have characters (recognisable to any other player, at any rate), so I wouldn't do that, I'd carry on narrating events.  Which I think is what the previous parody did.

I started writing out a bunch of other bits to criticise, but that's unnecessarily mean.  Just listen to your friend next time he tells you to leave his stuff alone.

ChJees

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 03:01:03 pm »

TL;DR

'nuff said

USE PARAGRAPHS >:(

DR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 04:37:12 pm »

You'd lose your money then.

I wanted to post it to see how people would react, however he opposed but I went and did it anyway

Oh please, this is painfully transparent. Stop backpedalling at least.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2008, 06:12:18 pm »

I really was unable to get through the first couple lines.  McDoomhammer had it with the mad-lib comment.  It really needs rhymes, or at the least, paragraphs.

There was something similar done before.  Here's the thread.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: [1] 2