Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What...the....  (Read 3368 times)

Benitosimies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What...the....
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2008, 01:17:03 pm »

Thong can be a sandal.

Kind of like a flip flop.
Something really needs to be done about ice. At the moment it's like some kind of Pitch Black threat where everyone dies at sunset. Feel free to substitute that film reference with one without Vin Diesel.
--Skizelo

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2008, 02:25:37 pm »

Speaking of sizes...
Legends mode is interpreted in Human.
Artifacts that your dwarves make, say, a Pig tail shirt, become Small, say,  a Small pig tail shirt.

So that means the artifact in question is a Small leather thong.

That makes things so much better ;)
When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2008, 02:29:46 pm »

Yeah I knew I'd be wrong but I figured I'd give it a shot.

DF is kind of discriminating against gays with that! Let's add an entity tag for homosexuality in civs!

One word:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2008, 02:33:21 pm »

im killing the bastards on sight now
Military dorfs are the busiest if their partner is also in the military, Military children are my forts future, also its hilariously tragic when a mother carrying her child into battle gets hit, and the baby dies....
I fixed that up for you.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2008, 02:36:30 pm »

You didn't do that before?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2008, 02:43:43 pm »

Agreed. What the hell's wrong with you?

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2008, 03:01:14 pm »

I don't think the game needs to support dwarven men sucking each other's.. gnomes. Homosexuality in general is a cultural phenomenon, in such a setting any cakeboys would probably marry and conceive like everyone else or just never get entangled
Would you think the same way about dwarven women rummaging around each other's quarry bushes? :P I always find it rather amusing that heterosexual men will usually turn their nose up at the thought of two men having sex yet they can't get enough of two women having sex.
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.

dizzyelk

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes kittens for their delicious roasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2008, 04:26:59 pm »

I don't think the game needs to support dwarven men sucking each other's.. gnomes. Homosexuality in general is a cultural phenomenon, in such a setting any cakeboys would probably marry and conceive like everyone else or just never get entangled
Would you think the same way about dwarven women rummaging around each other's quarry bushes? :P I always find it rather amusing that heterosexual men will usually turn their nose up at the thought of two men having sex yet they can't get enough of two women having sex.

Actually, yes. But, then again, I try to avoid thinking anything about the sexual habits of my dwarves. Looking at all the nastiness covering 'em, I think it'd be like two dirty homeless people going at it. You know, the ones that smell of urine.
Dwarf Fortress - Bringing out the evil in people since 2006.
Somehow, that fills me more with dread than anticipation.  It's like being told that someone's exhuming your favorite grandparent and they're going to try to make her into a cyborg stripper.

duro

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2008, 04:34:05 pm »

Thong can be a sandal.

Kind of like a flip flop.

According to the RAWs it weren't sandals on the god-toad's mind.

Let those people do so and remind them from time to time to imagine their own mother engaging in lesbian sex. Or for most of these peeps: really old people engaging in whatever sexual activities...

[blah blah]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/blah blah]
If slavery, barbarism and desolation are to be called peace, men can have no worse misfortune.

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2008, 05:55:22 pm »

Agreed. What the hell's wrong with you?

Ummm.... Ummm..... They brought me cloth that i just kept taking.... PROFIT!!!!!

I was planning on building a giant stone block above my depot so when they come.....

BOOOOOooommmmM!!!!!
Military dorfs are the busiest if their partner is also in the military, Military children are my forts future, also its hilariously tragic when a mother carrying her child into battle gets hit, and the baby dies....
I fixed that up for you.

sbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2008, 11:35:20 pm »

I should have stopped reading this thread at the end of the first page. :(

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2008, 11:40:06 pm »

So close...

Loincloth instead of a thong. Anyway, it's worth 54k, so that's good.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2008, 11:55:19 pm »

Sounds comfortable.

Axe27

• Bay Watcher
  • Put down the crossbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2008, 12:05:28 am »

Sounds comfortable.

The wind between your legs is a nice touch.
And thus did the dream of dwarven antigravity fade away, not with a massive explosion or a flood of magma, but with a whimper.

I'm going to be depressed all day now.
Pages: 1 2 [3]