Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I love elves  (Read 1806 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: I love elves
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 01:19:27 pm »

Mainly with thanks to elves, my fortress now has 2035 tame animals. This consists of the following:

Black bears, bonobos, bulls, cats, cheetahs, chimpanzees, cougars, cows, deer, dogs, donkeys, dragons, elephants, foxes, gazelles, grizzly bears, groundhogs, hippos, hoary marmots, horses, hydras, jaguars, leopards, lions, mountain goats, mules, one-humped camels, raccoons, rhesus macaques, tigers, two-humped camels, warthogs and wolves.

I take back every bad thing I've said about elves.  They are awesome.  ;D
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Tayrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 01:28:21 pm »

Mainly with thanks to elves, my fortress now has 2035 tame animals. This consists of the following:

Black bears, bonobos, bulls, cats, cheetahs, chimpanzees, cougars, cows, deer, dogs, donkeys, dragons, elephants, foxes, gazelles, grizzly bears, groundhogs, hippos, hoary marmots, horses, hydras, jaguars, leopards, lions, mountain goats, mules, one-humped camels, raccoons, rhesus macaques, tigers, two-humped camels, warthogs and wolves.

Oops, perhaps I should clarify. I didn't get all of those animals from the elves; only some of them. However, I listed the entire list of animals I have, for completeness. The dragons and hydras were actually caged and tamed when they attempted to attack the fortress.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2008, 01:31:01 pm »

Oops, perhaps I should clarify. I didn't get all of those animals from the elves; only some of them. However, I listed the entire list of animals I have, for completeness. The dragons and hydras were actually caged and tamed when they attempted to attack the fortress.
I'll release the beasts in my URT Stadium! ( Urist Roasted Turtles )

CptFastbreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 02:41:02 pm »

Interesting, now they've just brought me a barrel of 'sunshine'.

That sounds so... cool.

That's the most valuable wine in the game.  It's made from sun berries, which are only found in good areas, so if you're not in a good area you have to get them from the freakin' idiots Elves.

You can farm Sun Berries, however, if you do it underground, as for strange reasons, underground farming of overground crops seems to ignore biome restrictions. So once you have got enough seeds and/or berries off the tree huggers fair people, you can then commence the drowning.
Pages: 1 [2]