Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Easier ways to drink beer.  (Read 8089 times)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Easier ways to drink beer.
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2008, 03:33:49 pm »

Perhaps we could have vintages?
Steelropes Shroomery '65 reserve of plump helmet wine.
No idea how ageing it would work, but if it goes wrong with wine or beer (or cider) you'll end up with vinegar.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Skyrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2008, 03:53:42 pm »

C'mon, why no kegs? If we have my suggestion and throw in the whole vintage bit as well, DF will have the most complex and cool alcoholic consumption features ever seen in any game. Alcohol will become art :D

Refar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2008, 03:57:51 pm »

The idea is fine, i just think putting a barrel in the dining hall und use mugs from there would be close enought.

Why would dwarves bother with kegs ? These are tiny  ;D
Today on Home Improvement TV:
Urist Twolefthand, Dabbling Mechanic, assembles a 10x Crossbow weapon trap.

Skyrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2008, 04:00:38 pm »

Nah, it's mostly an artsy suggestion. The barrel -> mug seems a bit too crude. Even now dwarfs simply go to the nearest store and drink with their bare hands, which is a bit sad, considering we can make mugs and the like already. It would be nice if it in fact gave unhappy thoughts - drinking directly from barrel without a mug or other container, whilst a proper consumption would give a happy thought.

MagicJuggler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2008, 04:25:13 pm »

Oh...allow for drinking at parties or snack tables while we're at it.

It would be most humorous to have a "drinking game" generator for Dwarves. :P

Refar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2008, 04:29:36 pm »

Drinking (and eating) at parties would be really nice.

Because at it is not "Partying" is hard work - it make Dwarves Thirsty. They go to a drink, then they Party agian, then Sleep...
Getting some real work done somewhe in between would be really great...

ivegotgoodabs

• Bay Watcher
  • Horo
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2008, 08:21:40 pm »

For starters, this is dwarven beer. Dwarves would never drink anything less than 300-proof*.

*Yes, I know 200-proof alcohol is equal to 100%. But, be assured, dwarves will find a way.
b-but that's impossible...

MagicJuggler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2008, 08:47:54 pm »

At the rate we throw out drinking suggestions, we're going to have the Dwarven equivalent of Animal House.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2008, 09:43:06 pm »

Actually, vintage and labels would be awesome. It should affect the strength, quality, and value of the drink the longer it distills. Instead of jewel and gold piles, you could have a giant wine cellar worth millions.

MagicJuggler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2008, 10:21:43 pm »

If the Dwarven economy gets expanded, it would be most awesome if booze were set as the medium of exchange for everything as well. The advantage of such a system is that it's an easily creatable substance, and one doesn't have to worry about inflation because Dwarves gotta drink after all, and boozevaults would be designed so that the overall wealth of the fortress would slowly increase over time due to the aging of the booze. I approve.

Refar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2008, 02:27:45 am »

Makes for a whole new bunch of possibilities to start a financial Crisis... "The Firesnake Friday"...

Overdose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2008, 03:22:40 am »

Rather then all this talk of mug uses, i'd much rather see stills combining multiple plants of the same type to max out how much it brewed as apposed to the (5) stacks you get sometimes, and working in a similar way to kitchens do. Then, with some creativity, maybe add in a larger barrel specifically for booze (keg) that holds 100 units while barrels only hold 25, (keg could cost 3x as much in materials to make and need to be placed as an object to be used, like a temporary well of sorts, but with booze) and of course the time to make it would be scaled accordingly, that way you need a good brewer to make the booze before he gets distracted if you want a large amount in one go.

It would not only help clear up those crazy (1) stacks you get for plants sometimes, but it would make booze production simpler overall and require less work to keep things going.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2008, 05:17:52 am »

We need the ability to define liquids to pour into enclosed areas, and depending on the drinkability of the liquids, one can build a well over it.

What? Store beer in pools for example?..or just make an aquafier, but fill it with beer, instead of water? I like this idea.  ;D

MagicJuggler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2008, 02:24:54 pm »

That was the general idea. Define assorted alchohol types by quality, (affected by the quality of the surrounding wall and any foreign objects inside the pool...e.g. "My beer tastes like dead cat" would not be a good thing...), and if two different alcohols mix, you get a mixed drink, meaning you could have the world's biggest cocktail shaker.  ;D

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2008, 02:31:06 pm »

You know, when Toady gets around to lands having spheres of influences and their magical effects(Trees bleeding, lava ponds, purple grass, rivers of blood, etc), there should totally be a beer aquifer.

Not having one would be a great tragedy on the whole world.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6