Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World gen ! Any ideas ?  (Read 636 times)

teefek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
World gen ! Any ideas ?
« on: October 17, 2008, 04:12:50 am »

Hey guys,

Yesterday I've been sitting in front of the world gen quite a long time. My current fortress is running pretty well, but it's also... a bit boring. I'd actually love to embark on something really fancy. At the top of a volcano that's standing on a beach with a goblin fortress nearby or something of that sort.

But world gen just won't offer me such a cool neighborhood. And every time I'm messing around with the parameters, I seem to be doing something wrong. Hm.

I mean, I could also just download a nice pregenerated world... but I'm sure you're familiar with the desire of having an own, unique, selfmade world.

Do you have any ideas for a cool location and how to generate it ?

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
Re: World gen ! Any ideas ?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 05:35:40 am »

I just usually toy around, setting the parameters so world gen ends in, like, the year 100, when there's still a few megabeasts left.

I just got a site with 16 pages of chasm creatures, underground river and pond features, cave features and so on. All undead. I am happy.

Also, you might think this post didn't help much. You would be right. However, I felt the need to tell somebody that I had a nice site.

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 09:04:15 am »

MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

Magua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 01:51:17 pm »

I want to take on a goblin fortress, but apparently in 40d, they're all friendly.  Even during war.
Also, you can manufacture vomit at a smelter.  Subsequently removing the smelter spews vomit over a surprising area.