Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Best Bed EVER  (Read 2922 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: The Best Bed EVER
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 10:57:59 am »

jay, thanks for spending your time with the visualization.  :)
..your handwriting is pretty good looking compared to mine, so don't worry about it at all.  :D

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 11:02:03 am »

Hmm..  I can't help but think Moogie could do this thing so much more justice...
You did assign this bed to Braidpillers, at least, didn't you?  Or maybe a dwarf that considers them their hero?
Incidentally, Braidpillars the Owner of Confining is an artifact chain, not a person.
EDIT: Didn't notice that was said already.  Doh.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2008, 11:17:52 am »

i have a cage that talks about blue ankles :D
Military dorfs are the busiest if their partner is also in the military, Military children are my forts future, also its hilariously tragic when a mother carrying her child into battle gets hit, and the baby dies....
I fixed that up for you.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 01:55:26 pm »

Well, since you quoted it, now I can't get rid of it...
Here's the pencilized version.

Not all that much better, but it's an improvement.
And excuse my handwriting, I know it sucks..  Never did have good handwriting, I suspect I never will.

Your handwriting is better than mine. It's decently legible.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2008, 04:39:43 pm »

Heh, my last artifact bed was a towercap bed decorated with towercap (carpenter only pickep up one wood) worth 2400 monies. Pfft
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

mattspierce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 10:37:17 pm »

Ostargakit,  “Burythief”, a dwarf bone bed

Weight: 275T      Basic Value: 1200*

This is a dwarf bone bed.   All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality

It was shortly after the dwarfpocolyps.  The military had won the day, but 40 good dwarfs entered the final tunnel.  The goblins pushed up to the 3rd level of soaring tower before dwarven wave attacks finally broke them.  The time was ripe, there had been no alcohol for months.  The gobo's were just the straw that broke the two humped camels back.  One of the fortress guard broke ranks, took to a melencholy mood, turned to his neighbor and killed him with his bare hands.  He then hauled the poor corpse to a crafts workshop, and behold Ostargakit.  The baron now sleeps on this bed to remind his minions of that time, and of the consequences of rebellion.

Daft

• Bay Watcher
  • Enthusiastic but Incompetent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 07:39:53 pm »

personjerry

• Bay Watcher
  • Big Towers = Fun Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2009, 07:48:21 pm »

that could be quite comfy seeing how soft pure gold is... but imo dwarves would collapse the bed, causing a tantrum
SPOILER ALERT
Build a Trade Depot anywhere on the map.  now hold Shift+D (Depot access display) while viewing a Z-level that has been completely untouched by miners.  All 'normal' stone areas will have big red D's all over them.  Any area with *any* sort of site feature will be blank (no D's). 
Pages: 1 [2]