Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Subversion / Introversion  (Read 18405 times)

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Subversion / Introversion
« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2010, 05:03:23 am »

They did say that the combat system was going to be redone, due to said slow clunkyness.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2010, 02:13:52 pm »

Remember that both X-Com and JA2 have slow and clunky combat.  I don't mind slow and clunky if it's for a good cause.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2010, 09:44:07 pm »

Remember that both X-Com and JA2 have slow and clunky combat.  I don't mind slow and clunky if it's for a good cause.

I haven't played JA2 enough to comment on its combat, but I disagree with X-Com combat on being clunky. Slow, I can see, but I think that is mostly due to its turn base structure.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2011, 04:27:30 pm »

Update from the Introversion blog:

Time for an update.

All is good, the best it's been for a long time. We have undoubtedly "gone dark", ie we are not posting news or blog updates at the moment, but we are enjoying some of the best times I've ever experienced at Introversion. It feels like we're back to the old days - just a handful of us, working on the next game at our homes, looking forward to the release. No multiplayer sequels, console ports of existing games or anything like that to worry about - just the Next Game, an original work. No more mining our 2005 successes. Financially all is good, we had a(nother) great Steam promotion over xmas, and we're even hiring some freelancers on the Next Game. It hasn't felt this good since Defcon to be honest.

After part 20 of the Subversion blog, which roughly coincided with the live demos of Subversion at World of Love, I decided it was time to stop writing quite so publicly about the process. I also decided I wasn't going to write about that decision either. For a long while, writing publicly about Subversion was the right thing to do, and I got a lot of satisfaction out of it. But that has changed now, and I've got other priorities at Introversion at the moment. I'm a selfish individual really, blogs get written when I want to write them I'm certain there will be future blogs, just not right now.

I'm not going to make any promises or be pushed into estimating dates or anything, because we all know how that always ends up. But we've got some good stuff coming, and I don't just mean Subversion. We've some surprises up our sleeves too.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2011, 05:26:15 pm »

Nice to know they are still doing well financially!  It means I don't have to worry about them having to cancel this title.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2011, 05:40:06 pm »

Great to hear an update from them. They were starting to drop off my radar a bit, but I've been really looking toward to this title and enjoying the details that occasionally spill out on the blog.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2011, 05:49:24 pm »

God damn, they just keep teasing me. I can't wait for Subversion, it'll be immense.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 24, 2011, 03:54:53 am »

Neat.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 24, 2011, 05:46:24 am »

Argh. I see the thread title on the forum view, get all excited, and find out it's to say.....

Sorry suckahs, we're putting the sauce in a can and keeping the lid on.

I think they finally realized how ahead of the curve they are, and decided it's time to stop giving people ideas on how to make their games more interesting. Glad to hear they're in the black too, that means they can work on Subversion without as much stress, and get it out that much sooner.

Still, I was loving all of Chris' technobabble blog posts. It was edumacational.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 24, 2011, 05:54:53 am »

It's good to hear from them but, much like nenjin, I'm sorry to see the end of their detailed posts. Not that I'm genuinely complaining.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2011, 06:45:46 pm »

New blog post!

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon/introversion/viewtopic.php?p=97890#97890

Lots of Minecraft praising with an awesome must-watch video.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 10, 2011, 07:14:16 pm »

OMG New favorite video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=617lGZjYyNo

And his little demo was amazing. Truly, nothing makes me feel more in awe of programming or more like a simpleton than Chris' work, and listening to him talk about the dev process.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 10, 2011, 07:15:22 pm »

That would make an interesting FPS engine, if only just to see what happens when the players can see how badly they've wrecked the place with their missed rocket launcher blasts/missed tank cannon shots.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2011, 02:16:39 am »

That would make an interesting FPS engine, if only just to see what happens when the players can see how badly they've wrecked the place with their missed rocket launcher blasts/missed tank cannon shots.
I can imagine remakes of some classic arenas would just be all kinds of fun. Hell, CTF-Face comes to mind as a very very dangerous level in minutes. Wait until someone grabs a redeemer and decides to completely split the level in half. With that in mind, I think the levels would have to regenerate after a set amount of time.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 18, 2011, 02:15:57 am »

NECRO POWERS ACTIVATE

any news?
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13