Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Subversion / Introversion  (Read 18425 times)

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
Re: Subversion / Introversion
« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2010, 04:54:37 am »

I came across this 26 minute gameplay demonstration. It's a bank robbery!

I'm sold. This game is going to be incredible.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2010, 04:57:19 am »

And of course, RPS got it.

The Introversion guys are loyal.

*watches*
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2010, 05:41:49 am »

I've been avoiding posting "All I want for Christmas is a Subversion update" here, because I didn't want to be trite or get anyone's hopes up that there'd been an update of any kind.

So thanks for the early Christmas Gift!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2010, 09:20:25 am »

>.< that video is actually from 6 months ago, but various sites keep pimping it out as more recent.
I would like to see a demo of where they are now.

GaelicVigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2010, 11:52:12 am »

This game seems like vaporware to me.  How long has it been in development?  Seems like a cool idea, but nothing in that video convinces me that it has any direction.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2010, 12:10:44 pm »

I have no idea if they will ever end up releasing it. The company has sucessfully produced a few games, but also gone through lots of financial trouble. It's entirely possible the company will crash or something. Certainly the trend of posting updates once a month or so kinda stopped..

I really hope they pull through though. Introvision has made lots of fun games, and this one looks like the best yet.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2010, 12:33:25 pm »

Well, they did post that they're back to being garage developers after the 'winias and Defcon undersold.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2010, 02:14:28 pm »

Games are like sex. You don't need a direction or a reason to do it. It just needs to feel good and waste a couple hours of your life.

If they will release it or not, I don't know. I hope they do. Everything they have showed so for has a huge potential, specially as an uplink spiritual successor.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2010, 02:26:03 pm »

Since when is 2 years of official development become Vaporware? We're Dwarf Fortress fans for god's sakes, this game is in alpha after 4 years. Introversion are a tiny company - I think it's like 4 guys or something? so they're taking their time. Does not really make it vaporware.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2010, 02:31:10 pm »

They almost went under while working on it, Tilla. That's the main problem. But I hope, like they say, they have enough money for the next few years from the steam sales they put up.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2010, 04:19:43 pm »

I'm just worried about what will happen if it combines the worst qualities of both Syndicate and Uplink:  Obtuse, cumbersome interface, surprisingly linear, ugly, and without THAT much variation in missions.

Of course, if it takes the best from both of those, it could be pretty awesome.

Uplink, for all its glory, was fluff.  It was some pretty cool fluff that explored a genre that not many other places ever went.  But in the end it was a -very- simple puzzle game, with irritating parts and fast reflexes required.  Okay, I bounce my connection through fifty hojillion sites, then run some programs, do a thing, clean logfiles at the target, then clean logfiles at my first bounce point.  Some sites need you to go hassle the sysadmin's phone first.  But that's it, that's the game, you're done.

Actually I think that in the end, I don't want a shooty Syndicate with the thinkiness of Uplink.  I want a thinky Hitman with the squad management of X-Com Apocalyse.  Completely different genres, really.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 14, 2010, 05:28:50 pm »

Well, the random & procedural city and building generation works and it seems to design them somewhat well, from what we have seen so far. At least it does an alright job on banks. I assume we will not only be robbing banks, so I believe there should be some variety to gameplay going along with that fact every city and building will be different.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 14, 2010, 05:35:17 pm »

Well, the random & procedural city and building generation works and it seems to design them somewhat well, from what we have seen so far. At least it does an alright job on banks. I assume we will not only be robbing banks, so I believe there should be some variety to gameplay going along with that fact every city and building will be different.

Bank security can be used in other locations as well.

Supermarkets use much of the same technology, just a larger building, more public space, and a smaller safe.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 14, 2010, 05:47:18 pm »

I don't think its vapor ware.

The demo looked pretty neat though, though from the last update, it wasn't to much, if at all further then from there. The demo didnt have any of the dynamic music channeling though.
----
I'm just worried about what will happen if it combines the worst qualities of both Syndicate and Uplink:  Obtuse, cumbersome interface, surprisingly linear, ugly, and without THAT much variation in missions.

Of course, if it takes the best from both of those, it could be pretty awesome.

Uplink, for all its glory, was fluff.  It was some pretty cool fluff that explored a genre that not many other places ever went.  But in the end it was a -very- simple puzzle game, with irritating parts and fast reflexes required.  Okay, I bounce my connection through fifty hojillion sites, then run some programs, do a thing, clean logfiles at the target, then clean logfiles at my first bounce point.  Some sites need you to go hassle the sysadmin's phone first.  But that's it, that's the game, you're done.

Actually I think that in the end, I don't want a shooty Syndicate with the thinkiness of Uplink.  I want a thinky Hitman with the squad management of X-Com Apocalyse.  Completely different genres, really.

Excellent point. The UI, from the demo does look better then from Syndicate. It seem to only have a few hiccups. The aiming interface is clunky, but it was stated that was most defiantly going to go.

I do hope, that we can use the keyboard over the mouse for keypad and other numeric lock interfaces.

---
My hope for game play, is to be able to do things from Mission Impossible, Sneakers, Ocean 11, Burn Notice and heck, even Lupin the Third Style. It'd be cool to inform the location, and time when you are going to rob it.

I hope there is some sorta story too, or story arcs. Like being able to pick up rivals, getting a nemises ect... We get an Interpol task force after us.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2010, 05:50:13 pm »

Ahhhh Lupin the Third... I'd love to have a samurai in the team and make his job deflect bullets and slice vehicles in half.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13