Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Subversion / Introversion  (Read 18423 times)

Pathos

Re: Subversion
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2010, 02:23:26 pm »

I have no idea what this is.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2010, 02:29:50 pm »

I have no idea what this is.

Read the OP. Its rude not to.

Also, pathfinding. Thats very applicable to our own woes over here in DFland
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Pathos

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2010, 03:43:37 pm »

I... Still don't know what this is.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2010, 03:48:21 pm »

I... Still don't know what this is.
Nobody does. Not even the developers. =p

I've updated the first post with the info they gave so far. You play as a hacker who has agents in the field, it seems to be mostly about getting inside places and stealing things.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2010, 12:06:51 pm »

I've read and seen vague things about this in the past, but these last two updates make me so much more interested than when the only thing released was a low detail city map that was claimed as procedurally generated.

I really want to know more.

Samio

• Bay Watcher
  • ˙uǝʌǝ ʇ,uop ı sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2010, 01:35:21 pm »

O_O Me want.  :D

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2010, 09:03:42 pm »

So this is basically what I wanted Uplink to become.

It's shaping up to be like a high-tech, 3rd-version of LCS (not a real comparison but it actually kind of describes the game.)

What makes this different than all the other 3d covert ops games is much like what makes DF different than every other RTS out there: the depth of the design and simulation. It helps they reference DF more than once and Chris says he's inspired by it, too.

This will be one to watch, even after release. They plan to make it very accessible to modders at pretty much all levels. The game in the end may suffer from some of DF's problems. It already sounds like it will be dense with choices and have a huge learning curve. Yet it's visually accessible and has a UI and a team and all that other stuff.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2010, 09:47:37 pm »

If the story-line turns out to be procedurally generated as well, this will be extremely addictive.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2010, 09:49:53 pm »

He's talking about DF-levels of continued development, so it's feasible. Unlike DF...they have a business model and almost blew it once. Will be interesting to see if they have to make compromises at some point. I get the same kind of joy reading him describe the process as I do reading Toady's lengthier updates.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2010, 11:20:05 am »

Shamelessly bumping this because it just looks too promising to be allowed to flounder in the older pages of this forum. Has anyone checked out the most recent video they released? With the wall scanner, cameras, assault rifles, etc.? (Even if it was just to show off pathfinding)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2010, 11:33:18 am »

I've always wanted to make a game like this. This looks great. Introversion are known for not only producing great games, but also putting a very nice layer of polish on them.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2010, 06:15:55 pm »

I dunno.  The *winia games were exactly the opposite of "my thing".  Uplink however...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2010, 07:59:00 pm »

This game looks incredible so far. The talk of creating an elaborate security system comprised of moving laser trip wires and heat sensors, or being able to disable such a system by understanding it and manipulating the wiring properly. The potential to mess around with systems is immense -- adding an inverse chip to sliding doors, making them close when approached. Even blocking an elevator's sensor so it doesn't know when to stop moving -- it's great.

Finding inventive ways around problems seems like it'll be a focus. This reminds me a lot of what I wished wiremod would be like...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2010, 08:08:33 pm »

I dunno.  The *winia games were exactly the opposite of "my thing".  Uplink however...

This describes me as well, but I'm still very interested in this...if there's actual game play eventually, and not just a series of elaborate simulations.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2010, 09:09:32 pm »

Eh, I rather liked Darwinia, even though it really wasn't my thing. It's rather odd gameplay, but implemented in an interesting way. I'd have a little faith that Introversion, of all groups, could pull some fun gameplay out of a simulation. Then again, I didn't like Defcon that much. I'll try not to put too much hope on it.. it could turn out to be vaporware, but it's something to look out for.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13