Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Subversion / Introversion  (Read 18430 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Subversion
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2010, 07:57:12 pm »

I like their honesty and the way they treat pirates, ie, as potential customers. I haven't bought any game of theirs besides Uplink, but that's because I'm not a RTS sort of guy.

Snall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2010, 03:04:37 am »

Yeah I'm so looking forward to this game- someday.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2010, 03:14:39 am »

I like their honesty and the way they treat pirates, ie, as potential customers. I haven't bought any game of theirs besides Uplink, but that's because I'm not a RTS sort of guy.
Darwinia really isn't your typical RTS, you should give the demo a run.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2010, 03:21:00 am »

Darwinia is interesting because it is visually very exciting but the gameplay left me, at least, bored to death after about 5 levels.   Defcon was kinda the same way, but I only played against a friend one time.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2010, 03:30:28 am »

Hmm, I just did a search, and while we have a thread for just about every Introversion game, there isn't one for the company itself.

At any rate, Darwinia remains one of my favorite games.  It's basically the only one where I enjoy replaying the main campaign, and some of the mods are even better than that.  It's a shame the company can't really manage its money; they virtually went under a while back.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2010, 04:16:37 am »

Darwinia is interesting because it is visually very exciting but the gameplay left me, at least, bored to death after about 5 levels.   Defcon was kinda the same way, but I only played against a friend one time.
Defcon isn't really fun until you get 4 guys on skype playing in the same game.

Then it is HILARIOUS, and backstabby

Snall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2010, 04:18:17 am »

That sounds pretty awesome.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2010, 04:19:10 am »

That sounds pretty awesome.
Alliances become very fast and loose, with out of game favors and such. "I'll buy you pizza next week if you nuke russia!"

Snall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2010, 04:23:58 am »

Lol- reminds me of old Risk games "I will beat the CRAP out of you if you attack Asia!"

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2010, 05:19:29 am »

PTW. This game looks damn amazing. Looks like a new comp is in order, how ever.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2010, 05:34:20 am »

Why?  Introversion games are never graphically intensive, although Darwinia would start to murder your processor once there were a few thousand of the little guys running around.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Snall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2010, 05:43:22 am »

You know I never played Darwinia...maybe I should.  Is there skirmish mode?

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2010, 05:56:19 am »

Not really, but you could try the demo.  If you happen to have the game then it should be an option in the menu.

Here it is:
http://www.introversion.co.uk/darwinia/downloads/darwinia-demo2.exe

Snall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2010, 05:59:21 am »

Not really, but you could try the demo.  If you happen to have the game then it should be an option in the menu.

Here it is:
http://www.introversion.co.uk/darwinia/downloads/darwinia-demo2.exe

Confused- not really means - not really skirmish mode?  And if I have the game...there should be a skirmish option?   Confused.  But yea I'll check it out

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2010, 06:15:47 am »

There isn't really a skirmish mode, everything is part of the campaign. There is a demo however, which you don't need any background on the story to play.

The source code was recently released, so someone may have made a skirmish mode of some kind.  There is also the multiplayer sequel with a skirmish mode, but the mechanics are a bit different.  The sequel is more RTS-like.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13