Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: LCS 3.12 alpha 5  (Read 5542 times)

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 3.12 alpha 5
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2008, 04:13:00 pm »

I just Downloaded alpha 6, and there seems like there are no goods in the apartments, I've checked 5 so far without finding a thing.

Mover#005

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2008, 04:20:00 pm »

there are a few errors in the current trunk, i fixed some of the more obvious ones but for others my insight in the code is lacking... will simply wait until you finish it up, thanks anyways.  :)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2008, 04:30:00 pm »

Sometimes training doesnt even work, with enough money and everything.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2008, 04:31:00 pm »

BishopX... you're right, goods wouldn't spawn in apartments this version, I didn't think of that. I'll probably end up making all doors besides the one with the landlord locked, and the rooms behind them secured areas. Then you'll be able to steal goods from locked apartments. The reason they don't spawn now is that I made it so stealable goods won't appear in the lobbies of buildings, only in the locked back areas. You can't just run into the lobby and grab stuff, you have to quickly pick/break a lock, enter a secure area, and find some stuff. Makes it a little more interesting that way. Making apartments work the same way would be fun.

Mover#005 -- could you give a list of the errors you're running into when you compile? The code on there is exactly what was used to build the current executable I have up for download, so it should work. Should. Hopefully. If you give me the errors you're getting, I can take a look at them. I'm used to working with errors from GNU, Borland, and Microsoft, so no worries.

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2008, 04:35:00 pm »

Okay, small bug with beta6. I'm not sure if you did this to avoid accidental wastes of time, but it now takes two keypresses to advance the day. It's behaving as though a message is being displayed every time you advance the day and you can hit any key and it will advance the day after you hit w.

I am trying some of the new features, so it may be related to incomplete messages about activities my guys are up to, but I'm not sure, I can't remember if it's been doing this since I started.

This is not a signature.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2008, 04:35:00 pm »

Torak -- I think the teacher needs at least 2 levels of skill above the student... but it doesn't say that anywhere, does it?  :o

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2008, 04:37:00 pm »

one other thing, I just lost one of my recruiters in a gun fight, and ended up leaving her body in one of my safe houses. During that time people kept coming back to see her about joining LCS. I recruited some of them, and then when I disposed of her body they lost touch with the squad.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2008, 04:38:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Skeeblix:
<STRONG>Okay, small bug with beta6. I'm not sure if you did this to avoid accidental wastes of time, but it now takes two keypresses to advance the day. It's behaving as though a message is being displayed every time you advance the day and you can hit any key and it will advance the day after you hit w.

I am trying some of the new features, so it may be related to incomplete messages about activities my guys are up to, but I'm not sure, I can't remember if it's been doing this since I started.</STRONG>

THANK YOU. I was wondering WHY the game lagged so bad, I tried recompiling with optimizations, I tried closing other programs, I tried looking for excessively laggy code, I tried everything, there was just no explanation, and I never fixed it. But this makes PERFECT sense. I don't know where the problem is, but I'll find it.

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2008, 04:39:00 pm »

Another bug. went to the pawn shop and bought a gun, left the pawn shop. The screen went entirely black until a key was pressed.

EDIT: Alright, it's happening after every Go Forth action. I'm going to try disabling everything else my men are doing and going on a site alone to see if it continues.

[ February 10, 2008: Message edited by: Skeeblix ]

This is not a signature.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2008, 04:39:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by BishopX:
<STRONG>one other thing, I just lost one of my recruiters in a gun fight, and ended up leaving her body in one of my safe houses. During that time people kept coming back to see her about joining LCS. I recruited some of them, and then when I disposed of her body they lost touch with the squad.</STRONG>

That is extremely odd o_O; I am going to have to try to duplicate this to figure out why it's doing that. I'll look into it.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2008, 04:40:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Skeeblix:
<STRONG>Another bug. went to the pawn shop and bought a gun, left the pawn shop. The screen went entirely black until a key was pressed.</STRONG>

I wonder if it's the new hacking code...? I'm betting it is... do you have hackers?

Edit: Sure enough, I just found a bug in the hacking code that would cause extra clearscreens/keypresses each day if you have people doing any of the computer-related activities.  :)

[ February 10, 2008: Message edited by: Jonathan S. Fox ]

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2008, 04:41:00 pm »

Yep, that's probably it then. I have a couple fellas harassing websites.
This is not a signature.

Mover#005

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2008, 04:42:00 pm »

Problem is, I'm not really familliar with them  :D

code:

error:Typumwandlung von »interrogation*« nach »int« verliert Genauigkeit

means roughly:
Typecasting from »interrogation*« to »int« looses precision

changed from:
pool[pl]->activity.arg = reinterpret_cast<int>(new interrogation);

pool[pl]->activity.arg = reinterpret_cast<long>(new interrogation);

then

crimesquad-saveload.o: In function `load()':
/usr/local/src/31104branch/src/title/saveload.cpp:548: undefined reference to `recruitst::recruitst()'
crimesquad-talk.o: In function `talk(creaturest&, int)':
/usr/local/src/31104branch/src/sitemode/talk.cpp:592: undefined reference to `recruitst::recruitst()'
crimesquad-daily.o: In function `advanceday(char&, char)':
/usr/local/src/31104branch/src/daily/daily.cpp:510: undefined reference to `tendhostage(creaturest*, char&)'
/usr/local/src/31104branch/src/daily/daily.cpp:966: undefined reference to `completerecruitmeeting(recruitst&, int, char&)'
/usr/local/src/31104branch/src/daily/daily.cpp:947: undefined reference to `completerecruittask(recruitst&, int, char&)'

here I completely lost it

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2008, 04:51:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Mover#005:
<STRONG>Problem is, I'm not really familliar with them    :D

code:

[snip]

here I completely lost it</STRONG>

Go ahead and commit the first change to SVN if you haven't already, eventually we're going to get the type sizes standardized in the code, for now it's chaos. The rest are link errors, and I kind of expected them... there are two files it's not compiling:

/src/daily/interrogation.cpp
/src/daily/recruit.cpp

Unfortunately, I'm not really sure how to add them for you. How do you compile for linux?

Edit: If you know what file to change to make them compile, and can do that, you can commit that change too. I would have done it myself but I don't know what to do... I'll keep poking at it.

[ February 10, 2008: Message edited by: Jonathan S. Fox ]

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2008, 04:52:00 pm »

I think I might have to harass Toady to give LCS its own sub-board now that it's in active dev. It's getting hard to find what's what with all the activity lately in here.
This is not a signature.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7