Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40

Author Topic: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game  (Read 51797 times)

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game
« Reply #555 on: December 07, 2008, 03:15:57 pm »

Ok today start work Iituem  Excel sheet.
Given you has manual enter values for species for each sphere for each action is time consuming. So I am working and make you click in list get sphere need for the action check.

edit Update:
Roll involve Perception and Stealth I just replace Action with Perception and Reaction with Stealth for this types rolls.
editUpdate2:
ok rolls have been done just need interpeted them,

editUpdate3:
I Final figure out how to be able to enter trait into excell sheet and and add it ep to totals for the species, so going work implementing that,right now this being done to help make sure total each type of trait is accurate. Also found few errors that made when redoing the Actions formula.

As I complete more I will update this post.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 11:33:58 am by omagaalpha »
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game - End of turn 3
« Reply #556 on: December 09, 2008, 08:21:02 am »

Unfortunally I don't know when chaoticag  will flavorify or how long but I decided post it up. Also No lose or No gain mean both had 0 and No worth mention gain,or  no worth mention loss mean .x something. I also round down all rolls.

Also hope by early beginning next week that  chaoticag can flavorify it but if someone else wants too do they can(ps if your part game I will award ep for doing it). Because I agree that rolls with just numbers are not as fun with flavorify it.

Also fI orgot todo the ep gain calculation. I have decided to given +1 for rp writing at least half page, +1 for those that longer then page. Though I also has to update trait list for entity and species too.

Spoiler:  Xenopross - Webadict (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Bhuur - Gantolandon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nejyxl – Neo1096 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nejyxl- neo1096 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Golem - Poltifar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Serani - Andrea (click to show/hide)

Why am I not doing flavor my self?

1) It's pretty hard to understand what you are saying, leading to miscommunication errors and  possible misunderstandings...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 09:04:38 am by omagaalpha »
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 09, 2008, 09:07:30 am »

My idea, if chaoticacg's flavorification doesn't follow up: perhaps each of the players could do a flavor post for his own race/entity? It would be much faster and easier this way.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 09, 2008, 09:13:37 am »

Yea that is idea only problem is that some people that like someone else to do flavor for results.

Also I been work on improve itieum Excel sheet to include more and be less work(though I am use 2007 excel formated in it)

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 09, 2008, 09:25:59 am »

So they could have it written by someone else as before. But let's face the truth: no flavor writer endured more than several turns. We should have as many of them as possible instead of one writing a huge wall of text.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 09, 2008, 09:30:15 am »

Since have not been flavor writer I has take your word for it.

If if chaoticacg's flavorification doesn't follow up we will go to that system.
If person does not want to do there own then they can find someone else to do it for them.

Edit: I just notice for Monoliths has 10 for generation of Military which mean cap for military 2x of current pop units.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 09:59:42 am by omagaalpha »

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 09, 2008, 10:30:17 am »

Also I been work on improve itieum Excel sheet to include more and be less work(though I am use 2007 excel formated in it)

It's a good idea. Also, I see this as a good opportunity to write up and clarify the rules.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 09, 2008, 10:34:21 am »

It's a good idea. Also, I see this as a good opportunity to write up and clarify the rules.
Plan do that after this round is over, to work on clarify the rules and make game less unbalance in term of food color that species uses.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 09, 2008, 10:35:04 am »

(Sorry but say spend 3 action does not count any way to help)
That's a lie. He actually used all 4 Moves he has to do this. So, essentially, its like having him do this with four units.

You forget that each Species unit has 2 + (Range [Of the school they are doing the action in] / 5) Moves and each Entity has 4 + (Range [Of the sphere they are doing the action in] / 5) Moves.

This means he should have had 4 times the chance of succeeding than normally, as there were "4" units.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 09, 2008, 11:00:22 am »

(Sorry but say spend 3 action does not count any way to help)
That's a lie. He actually used all 4 Moves he has to do this. So, essentially, its like having him do this with four units.

You forget that each Species unit has 2 + (Range [Of the school they are doing the action in] / 5) Moves and each Entity has 4 + (Range [Of the sphere they are doing the action in] / 5) Moves.

This means he should have had 4 times the chance of succeeding than normally, as there were "4" units.

Umm that make game unbalance in all honesty in term of gain which why choose not do it, Force(1+# units) is used in term of Power and Armour.

Here is Formula
Normal rolls
Player1=p1
player2=p2
CSphere= is current Sphere action take place
F=Force= is 1+number unit allocating towards this.<-this had no description how it determine but this is how determine it
AC=Action Calculation = CSphere:Action + d20
RC=Reaction Calculation= CSphere:Reaction + d20
PC=Power Calculation= (CSphere:Power + d4)*F
ArC=Armour Calculation= (CSphere:Armour + d4)*F

DD1=Damage Done  = if p1:AC > p2:RC then p1:PC else 0;
DB1=Damge block =  if p2:AC > p1:RC then p1:ArC else 0;
DD2=Damage Done  = if p2:AC > p1:RC then p2:PC else 0;
DB2=Damge block =  if p1:AC > p2:RC then p2:ArC else 0;

L1=Losses Player 1 = DD2-DB1 but if below 0 then it is 0
L2=Losses Player 2 = DD1-DB2 but if below 0 then it is 0
Player 1 Gain = (L2/5)
Player 1 Loss= (L1/5)
Power and Armour when I think of them is not effect by speed of unit.

New Rules(If ok by majority start on turn 4)
1. Every Action perform will has to use min of 1 unit with all it moves
2. If 1 unit do multiple Action which is detemine by range.
2a. Moves split as percenage of 1 unit(For Example if I would do 2 action then that mean that each action will only get .5 force)
2aa Entity perforn 4 different action with no penaltity to force (does not with stack multiple units)
2ab Species perforn 2 different action with no penaltity to force (does not with stack multiple units)

Reason for this is to limit number action yous do in one turn.

Perception and stealth rolls
Player1=p1
player2=p2
F=Force= is 1+number unit allocating towards this.
AC=Perception Calculation = CSphere:Perception+ d20
RC=Stealth Calculation= CSphere:Stealth  + d20

DD1=Damage Done  = if p1:C > p2:RC then p1:PC else 0;

Player 1 Gain = (L2/5)
Player 1 Loss= (L1/5)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 11:08:34 am by omagaalpha »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 09, 2008, 11:07:30 am »

It wasn't a unit of speed. It's being able to get more done. Using all four actions was done in the very first turn by a "Urist" the dwarf. It just gives it four times the chance of succeeding, which is not unbalanced, since ALL entities have this choice. They also lose the other actions they could do for the turn.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 09, 2008, 11:21:25 am »

Must miss that posts....hmm mean need rewrite Action Result Table to take in to account, becausce mean applies to species units too.

Here revised forumla
Normal rolls
Player1=p1
player2=p2

SM=Species Moves = depend what specify by person in post with maximum of(2+ (CSphere:range/5))
EM=Entity Moves = depend what specify by person in post with maximum of(4+ 2(CSphere:range/5))
F=Force= is 1+((number unit allocating towards this.)*SM)
CSphere:Action = Species:CSphere:Action + Entity:CSphere:Action
CSphere:Reaction= Species:CSphere:Reaction + Entity:CSphere:Reaction
CSphere:Power= Species:CSphere:Power + Entity:CSphere:Power*EM
CSphere:Armour= Species:CSphere:Armour + Entity:CSphere:Armour*EM

AC=Action Calculation = CSphere:Action + d20
RC=Reaction Calculation= CSphere:Reaction + d20

DD1=Damage Done  = if p1:AC > p2:RC then p1:PC else 0;

Player 1 Gain = (L2/5)
Player 1 Loss= (L1/5)

I completed the new Action formula table . Now I has work tranfer all action information from old one to new one but it will not be done today since I need to work on my college homework now.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 12:15:15 pm by omagaalpha »

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 09, 2008, 02:48:09 pm »

I have dysgraphia so it's incredibly hard for me to write large amounts. I will never be able to gain those bonuses but oh well.
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 09, 2008, 02:54:37 pm »

Actual probably should change it to half page to just have paragraph worth RPing  in post.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 10, 2008, 11:06:49 am »

Redone every thing with new action formula

Spoiler:  Xenopross - Webadict (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Bhuur - Gantolandon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nejyxl- neo1096 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Golem - Poltifar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Serani - Andrea (click to show/hide)

EP Gain
Monoliths: +10=5(units)+3(stone) +1(Rping)+1(for be more then page)     
Xenoppross: +11=6(units)+3(stone) +1(Rping)+1(for be more then page)       
Bluur:   + 5=1(units)+3(stone) +1(Rping)+     
Jottarians :   + 6=2(units)+3(stone) +1(Rping)+1(Need be more then page)       
Serani :    +11=8(units)+3(stone)      
Golem:    +7=3(units)+3(stone) +1(Rping)     

IP Gain
Endren :   +1 = 0(followers) +1(Rping)     
Joulan & Jouli :   +0 = 0(followers)+ 0(1 sentence short)    
Xenocon :   + 0= 0(followers)   
PPT :   +2 = 0(followers)+ 1(Rping) +1(for be more then page)      
Madric the Tempestuous :    +1 = 0(followers)+ 1(Rping)   
Verinaath:    +1 =  0(followers) +1(Rping)    
Urist:     0=0(followers)+0(No rping found)   
Nejyxl :    +1=0+ 1(Rping)      
Jeff : 0   

First off the amount of moves and number of units do not help with Action and Reaction but it does help with greater gain if the Total Action is greater then the Total Reaction of DC.
Gaining followers for Entity must make check against species that they try gain followers ,but entity Can use follower to help them in tasks though they just have species stats.

When specify just scouting it give you  bonus when you try colonize that hex. Of course it can make it more difficult to colonize too.
Second off start next round you has to use minimum of 1 unit use 1 of it move(Range) for each action since I get rid bonus 1 to force.(Of course assume that there no complaints about that)

« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 03:21:15 pm by omagaalpha »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40