Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40

Author Topic: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game  (Read 51999 times)

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game
« Reply #375 on: November 07, 2008, 12:31:54 pm »

and that is why you probably own't have an ally. and also that is why you won't be able to backstab anyone, because nobody will trust you enough.

Wait, so you want to ally only with those, who will under no circumstances backstab you? Pretty idealistic approach, but I doubt you will even find someone like that...

Politics and diplomacy is about backstabbing. You just need to ensure that betraying you is unprofitable or even harmful. Or stab your ally before he does. Choice is yours. ;)

(well, bhuur could maybe)
If they develop enough to view other races as something more than big, somewhat more clever, lumps of food.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 07, 2008, 12:35:57 pm »

Not that I have anything planned, but you live in a forest, and you plan on taking away all of your prisoners' weapons.

Kind of hard to do to the Xenopross.

I just want to remind that there are many ways to prevent this, starting from cutting gas producing glands out. Alternatively, magic or psionics could fix their attitudes somewhat.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 07, 2008, 12:36:25 pm »

i agree.

webadict, you can't do that yet. forest fire maybe, but not yet fireballs i think. also, if you start doing that, xenopross hands would be weapons. i think you understand what i mean.

gantolandon, of course anyone oculd backstab me. but there is a big difference between "could" and "will".
of course, you try to ally the one that is less likely to backstab you (unless what you get is worth the risk). and saying "hi, i am a backstabber that want to enslave you all" doesn't help much about it.
and don't suggest serani to backstab allies! both of serani gods would be strongly against this kind of things.

random thought: why do i keep reading "evolution lite: a sedimentary game? maybe because of DF?

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 07, 2008, 12:40:14 pm »

Well Golems have no precise moral code or god preventing them from backstabbing people (I doubt Urist would care whatever they did), but as with being peaceful and not killing unless necessary, they won't just backstab you just because they could get a small benefit from doing so.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 07, 2008, 12:44:42 pm »

gantolandon, of course anyone oculd backstab me. but there is a big difference between "could" and "will".

If you observe the human history, it's "will" in almost every case. Of course "betrayal" doesn't always mean "surprise attack".

of course, you try to ally the one that is less likely to backstab you (unless what you get is worth the risk).

Every betrayal happens because the betrayer thinks it's worth the risk.

and saying "hi, i am a backstabber that want to enslave you all" doesn't help much about it.

Only outside the game. I don't think Xenopross will advertise their treacherousness.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 07, 2008, 12:47:02 pm »

i must say that i am more worried about urist than golems, both for the religion, and because he might not like 2x as many people going to him.

quick reply to gantolandon about "Only outside the game. I don't think Xenopross will advertise their treacherousness."

unluckly, i am not an heavy enough roleplayer to forget what webadict said while writing actions. that is the main problem.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 07, 2008, 12:54:49 pm »

Don't worry about it Andrea, as a deity, Endren knows. Just take his warnings from turn 1 to mind when dealing with the Xenopross. There you go, in character knowledge of the untrustworthy nature of the Xenopross!

Quote from: Endren
"I warn you further, do not always trust that which you do not know, there are great things in this world that mean you harm. They will lie to you and they will corrupt your mind, do not let them do so. Always be wary, stand together and you will be held together. There will be times when you will be turned against each other, remember that you are all brothers and sisters, do not spill your own blood for the sake of me or any other."
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:56:50 pm by Dark »
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 07, 2008, 12:58:12 pm »

nice, very useful :)

till they don't have any magic , releasing them in the wilds should work. my only fear is that they will get magic and then i couldn't make them unable to harm me, unless i get a stronger magic.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 07, 2008, 01:01:25 pm »

Can't Endren and JJ give you divine magic?
<@Akroma> eh

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 07, 2008, 01:02:42 pm »

when they will have more power, probably yes.
at the moment, they can't do much i think. well, J&J could still fight, but about power they are tsill low. they need worshippers.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 07, 2008, 01:04:59 pm »

I doubt that the Xenopross will be able to learn enough magic to endanger you anytime soon. By the time they do, JJ and Endren will probably have gained much power.
<@Akroma> eh

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 07, 2008, 01:06:30 pm »

Can't Endren and JJ give you divine magic?
Not quite, you're knowledgeable in religion, not magic. I don't think you'd be able to do anything like that.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 07, 2008, 01:07:13 pm »

Actually, one of my actions this turn was to teach my followers how to heal, which is technically divine magic. It's not much, but it's a start. Of course it all depends if I get a good enough roll or not.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 07, 2008, 01:13:50 pm »

Actually, one of my actions this turn was to teach my followers how to heal, which is technically divine magic. It's not much, but it's a start. Of course it all depends if I get a good enough roll or not.
It's a religious action... or power.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 07, 2008, 01:16:34 pm »

Yes, and that means that Andrea can use the religion sphere to use it, without the need for the magic sphere.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40