Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40

Author Topic: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game  (Read 52046 times)

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game
« Reply #330 on: November 06, 2008, 11:07:34 am »

@Gantolandon: BTW the people in the cave is the Bhuur, but Nejyxl doesn't know that... Sorry if that was unclear.

Good. I don't know what are you going to do with a great monolith in the cave, though. ;)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 06, 2008, 11:39:24 am »

Well, I was thinking you would have the school, which would teach the basics of education, like a primary school does now. But after that there are two colleges, one of Endren, The other of Joulan & Jouli. Yours would teach Endren's Ideologies, producing followers for him. The same for JJ's. Maybe each college would give bonus's linked to the entities spheres as well. Comments?
Would those be under Population, Religious, or Science? Or possibly Social?

As far as I can tell, I think there are 7 schools of thought/advancement. Iituem, you can add to this, but I just want to make sure.

Population (Food is part of this, just a subsection) - This is everything to do with your general populous. They do all your manual work.
Military - This is everything to do with fighting, whether weapons or manpower.
Social - This is everything to do with the social aspect of your Species, whether it be political or interactions.
Religion - This is everything to do with gods, dieties, worship, and possibly artifacts.
Magic - This is everything to do with magics, summoning, and transmutation.
Psychic - This is everything to do with tele/psychokinesis. This is different from Magic, which summons forth energies to manipulate the world around it, while Psychic uses mental force to interact with other forces, mental or not.
Science - While no one has this school, it contains technologies, inventions, and discoveries.

Can anyone think of any I missed?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 06, 2008, 11:46:50 am »

I was thinking the school would add to the main four, population, Militar, Social and Religion. The Serani should get bonus's or extra EP because of it. And we will get more followers.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 06, 2008, 11:49:51 am »

An interesting proposal Kashyyk. We'll see what happens. I wont help create a school entirely dedicated to the teachings of Joulan and Jouli, but we can compromise. Your motives are still quite a mystery to me either way. If we don't decide to co-operate, then I leave it up to Andrea to set up religious schools. For now I'm just creating the foundation of a basic educational system. The system in question is all about ideas anyway, so theres nothing stopping you from exploiting it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 11:52:44 am by Dark »
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 06, 2008, 12:01:41 pm »

well, to be honest I'm not sure what my motives are either (But keep that a secret OK?;D) And I might aswell help with the education system. So Andrea is luck that he has two entities that want to help the Serani so much.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 06, 2008, 12:06:56 pm »

i think that the gods should found the religious school, from which they would also get worshippers and by which they could act after they leave the village (because it will probably happen soon or later). also, i hope i would get some bonuses, like some EP in healing (endren) and something more military(J&J)

edit before posting: yes, i am very lucky. i think i am the one that is going to get more from the gods. also, only in the serani village gods and normal people can be seen walking and talking togheter, and i think this is a very good thing(the dwarf might also be similar, but he doesn't live with the golems. and i think part of him hate them because they keep coming)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 06, 2008, 12:17:40 pm »

Hey, its not the golem's fault that Urist is so grumpy :( he's free to come live with us anytime he wishes to. He'd probably get his own mansion and magic academy if he did.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 06, 2008, 12:22:24 pm »

i know, golems are nice. the dwarf is the problem.grumpy. don't know what i mean, but that dwarf is grumpy.

also, it seem i ofund some shiny yellow rocks in the river. would you be interested in trade, if i manage to settle there and our species meet?

but there is a bad side in the deal: serani would call golems sera-golemi. sera is because they are sentient, the i at the end is because they have problems with names that doesn't end with a,e,i,o or u.golem isn't easy to spell for them.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 12:26:54 pm by andrea »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 06, 2008, 12:25:08 pm »

Spoiler: I know what you mean (click to show/hide)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 06, 2008, 12:28:15 pm »

oh, that is grumpy-
i agree then. probably he starts caring about golems, but he will never say it, and he won't stop complaining about them coming to him.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 06, 2008, 12:30:35 pm »

Andrea, sure, trade would interest the golems. They really are a peaceful race, so trading and diplamcy is always welcome. Also, being called sera-golemi is not a problem.

Oh and Lol at Webadict :D
<@Akroma> eh

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 06, 2008, 12:58:43 pm »

As far as I can tell, I think there are 7 schools of thought/advancement. Iituem, you can add to this, but I just want to make sure.

Population (Food is part of this, just a subsection) - This is everything to do with your general populous. They do all your manual work.
Military - This is everything to do with fighting, whether weapons or manpower.
Social - This is everything to do with the social aspect of your Species, whether it be political or interactions.
Religion - This is everything to do with gods, dieties, worship, and possibly artifacts.
Magic - This is everything to do with magics, summoning, and transmutation.
Psychic - This is everything to do with tele/psychokinesis. This is different from Magic, which summons forth energies to manipulate the world around it, while Psychic uses mental force to interact with other forces, mental or not.
Science - While no one has this school, it contains technologies, inventions, and discoveries.

Can anyone think of any I missed?

Very nicely worked out!  Population is the base sphere of influence, from which are spawned the primary spheres of Military, Religion, Social and Economic (trade, industry etc).  Magic, Psychic and Academic are supplementary spheres that can be used to get advancements in or otherwise manipulate the primary spheres.

You cannot use Population, Military, Religion, Social or Economic sphere units to research advances in traits other than their own sphere, although they can be used to achieve deeds relating to other spheres (e.g. butchering whole towns, buying out a military wing as mercenaries, using doctrine to force political change). 

Magic, Psychic and Academic can research changes in their own spheres and in the primary spheres (though not each other), so the golems may be able to use magic to enhance their military skills (flaming swords, or aggressive spellcasting) or economic traits (lead to gold, anyone?).  They can also be used to perform deeds as the primary schools can, however they are not as critical to species survival as the primary schools (a massive academic loss won't make your military any weaker, or your economy collapse).

The Academic supplementary sphere is available to everyone.  Magic needs to be taught or stolen from some original source.  Psychic hasn't been introduced yet, but if someone wants to adopt it I'll accept EP expenditure in it to start with.

Finally, Urist is very grumpy, yes.  He's a dwarf, what do you expect?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 06, 2008, 01:09:15 pm »

we expect madness. urist is grumpy, but sane. not insane. there are no complex death traps, no butchered kittens on the walls, no blood, no vomit, no insanely big and dangerous buildings, no magmafalls!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 06, 2008, 01:16:59 pm »

SSShhhhh, Andrea, don't give him any ideas! I want him to teach my golems magic, not melt them as an offering to Armok :P
<@Akroma> eh

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 06, 2008, 03:13:04 pm »

You say I can't learn magic, but can I learn certain magic resistances, by say... torching my Xenoprosses with fireballs... I'm just asking... no real relevance at all... would that possibly go under magic resistance or it's own fire resistance (obviously, since I have a population armour, and I'd prefer one to resist fire... not that it matters... because this is just hypothetical...)?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40