Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40

Author Topic: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game  (Read 52040 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game
« Reply #315 on: November 05, 2008, 06:31:56 pm »

Fixed, and the unit totals are missing because no entities hold those units.  I'm working on a better way to display stats.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 05, 2008, 06:43:56 pm »

Fixed, and the unit totals are missing because no entities hold those units.  I'm working on a better way to display stats.
Gotcha. Well, looks good then.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 05, 2008, 07:02:53 pm »

The Entity stirred in its restless slumber... Something was calling it. Like a tide, it flowed through the aether and into the caller. Opening it's eyes, it registered the underground cave it was in.
"Who has called me? Who has called ... Nejyxl?"
It could feel the confusion of the people around it, feel their weak wills. They needed to be reinforced, but first they needed to believe.
"You have called me and I will help you. For this I need you to believe in me"
It Called through the rock, to raise an obelisk that should strengthen these people and help them in the time to come

Actions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 05, 2008, 08:19:06 pm »

Spoiler: EP (click to show/hide)

As Cod Black-Double-Stripe was dragged into the cave by her two captors, she saw the Xenocon upon the throne that sat perfectly in the middle. She could hear the ocean waves that echoed through the cave. She was dragged in front of the sitting Xenocon, being given nothing comfortable to sit on. The two captors walked up and sat beside the Xenocon. After a few moments, he finally spoke.

“So, miss Engles, you're a very tough person to find.”
“Have you finally come to kill me?” Cod replied.
“Kill you? Although it would be a great service to our race, I'm afraid that's not quite the case.”
“Then what is?”
“Well, it seems that the major clans have noticed your...,” he paused, “military actions. This, of course, is not something we can just let pass.” Two more guards appeared by Cod's side. “Now, we have a little favor to ask of you. We hope you will accept it. We wouldn't want to make things...messy.”

The two guards by her side lifted their hands to her head. She could feel the heat that radiated and thought she caught a glimpse of a red tail.

Cod smiled. “So, this wasn't your choice then.”
“Deductive, are we not? Anyhow, the Xenophyre have a proposition.” The Xenocon was struggling with the words.
“And that would be?”
“They will allow...a vote.”
Cod was confused. “A vote? For what?”
The Xenocon leaned forward in his chair. “The spot that should rightfully be mine.” The words were ice cold.
“And why would you do that?”
“Me? I would never do that. But it's not up to me, you see, which is part of the reason you're still alive.” He paused for a second and continued, “There are some thing's will need from you though.”

The Xenocon stood up and cautiously jumped down from his throne, looking at the back of the cave for a split second. He started walking back and forth as he talked.

“You see, we can't have your PPT causing havoc within our borders, nor can we allow you to endlessly subvert our clans. We also would like to employ your military abilities. A sort of police force to protect the laws. It would be made up of mostly the other clans' members as well as your own. Is this acceptable?”

Cod thought about for a while, deciphering if the Xenocon had spoken any lies. “I think that this would be,” Cod paused, looking from side to side and remembering the two Xenophyre, “acceptable.”
“Good,” he replied. “Good. You can be on your way then.” And with the wave of his hand, one of the Xenophyre knocked her unconscious, while the two guards walked over to pick her up.

After the two guards had left, dragging Cod with them, the Xenocon turned around.

“Was that good?”

A fire appeared further back in the darkness, illuminating another Xenopross. The fire grew bigger, lighting up more and more of the cavern.

“Oh, you did very well,” replied the figure darkly. “Very well, indeed.”

And then the Xenocon was immersed in flames.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 01:14:42 pm by webadict »

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 05, 2008, 08:53:17 pm »

"Perilous was the time of the Mad Feast. No longer could be an Eater separated from an Eaten. The herds consumed each other, their hunger and anger consuming them. It was the folly and weakness of the First Eaters: Savagery, which became their undoing. For they knew no moderation and couldn't think about tomorrow.

We, who knew better, have hidden deeper in the caves. We used stones and stillfood from the Burnlands to protect our eggs. We used arms, talons and spits to protect our younglings and mothers. And when the First Eaters  had become weak and their numbers had weakened, we left our nests and gathered them. Then we have Eaten them and Fed them to Eaters' Eaters, purging out their weakness from the Homelands..."

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 08:56:57 pm by Gantolandon »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 05, 2008, 08:56:26 pm »

Backstory to come later.

EDIT: Action 1 changed from Colonization to Construction. (Construct a "PPT Police Barracks", so as to better train the troops.)
EDIT2: Action 1 Reverted From Construction to Colonization.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 01:11:34 am by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 05, 2008, 09:08:41 pm »

@Gantolandon: BTW the people in the cave is the Bhuur, but Nejyxl doesn't know that... Sorry if that was unclear.
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 05, 2008, 09:24:20 pm »

Backstory to come later.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 05, 2008, 09:32:09 pm »

EDIT: Actually, on second thought, the colonization attempt is kinda...er...stupid. I just took a look at the stats, and realized it might not work. I decided to change Action #1 from Colonization to just Construction of a Barracks for my troops.

EDIT2: ...And I change my mind again after re-reading the data. Bah. Machviellia must really hate me. Going back to doing the "colonization" action again.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 01:12:02 am by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 06, 2008, 05:55:08 am »

The Hammerites hung in waiting at the high branches, studying the dark shapes flittering through the forest below.  They stalked, shifted and tensed, ready to pounce on the unwary Jottar, when from above a Hammerite gave a shout:

"STOP!" he bellowed.  The dark shapes all turned to look up and he gave a war cry.

"Hammertime!"

As one, the Hammerites pulled up their parachute pants and began to war dance on their tiptoes, side to side in the high branches, before swooping down to commence battle.

HAHAHAHAHA!! you know what i've just thought of? that is the battle chant/dance of the Jottarians and may even be their national anthem.

HAHAHAHA...*continues to laugh hysterically*
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 06, 2008, 08:55:47 am »

A good start, but there is more to be done. Endren continued to walk amoung the Serani, healing them in body and mind. But he would not be with them forever, it was time to lay some foundation. He gathered together some of the Serani that followed his way and brought them with him. He spoke to them and told them to watch as the sick were restored to good health. He told them that they need only ask for help and he shall hear them, that they too can have the gifts of Endren. He sent them to the homes of the dying, asking them to heal their fellow Serani. Though such miracles were impossible, the Serani that spoke for Endren to aid them found their touch would heal.

At the same time, Endren would provide them with another task. They were to travel amoung the Serani seeking the newest of ideas and teaching them to others. If one village learned of something, those who followed Endren were to teach it to the others. The brightest of his followers were encouraged to set up large homes in which the Serani may gather and listen to them speak. Each village was to have one or more of these shelters.

Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 06, 2008, 09:27:11 am »

dark, i think that serani MUST be trained for fight, but trained not to kill the enemy. the training in a serani military academy would be agility, hiding, accuracy with non lethal weapons.

but it is not the time for such a thing.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 06, 2008, 09:31:13 am »

Actually that's a good point. I'd have no problem with setting up a school of non-lethal combat. Would Joulan and Jouli like to set that up for me?  ;)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 10:32:16 am by Dark »
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 06, 2008, 09:46:08 am »

Another half century passes, and the Golems yet again fail to establish a foothold in the south-eastern mountains. But atleast they do not return empty handed, bringing with them the resources necessary for more advanced usages of this new power called magic. That, combined with the weird Creature's teachings, had started a technological revolution amongst the golems, and now the teaching and researching of the arcane arts was more and more of a priority, although colonization attempts continued on other fronts.

The Golems also finally decide that living most of their lives underground is unfit for their superior kind, and as such start planning a great city, a city built on the peak of the mountain, with great towers reaching for the stars in the heavens and deep mines spanning to the core of the mountain. While barely any work is done on actually constructing the city, as Golems like to carefully and meticulously plan such projects before undertaking them, some new buildings are constructed, including advanced magical research labs.

In one of such alchemical research laboratories, Alchemist Golem number 13, ounce known as Verus Virtus, toiled unrelentlessly to forward golem magical knowledge. But he was not satisfied with his position, and how could he be? After having lead all Golems singlehandedly, having learned the new ways of magic from the Creature personally, after having been the pinnacle of all Golem achievements, how could he be satisfied with such a low position? It had all started when he returned from being taught by It, not as the Platinum masterpiece he had ounce been, but as a lowly construct of tin, the price of being taught arcane secrets. Istead of welcomming their rightful leader and hero back as he deserved to be welcomed, all other golems scoffed at him, and even after having told them what he had learned of magic, they just took that knowledge and pushed him out of his great position. Even his working as an alchemist would be considered too good for a tin golem, and was barely allowed on the basis of him knowing a good deal of magic already.

But unknown to all other Golems, Verus hadn't shared all his aquired secrets with them. He had kept some of the more powerful and complicated rituals to himself, rituals he now secretly worked on, trying to find a way to transmute himself back to his former glory. Why stop there? Yes, thought Verus, he would go far beyond that, and all his bretheren would pay for having treated him so...

<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 06, 2008, 11:03:19 am »

Well, I was thinking you would have the school, which would teach the basics of education, like a primary school does now. But after that there are two colleges, one of Endren, The other of Joulan & Jouli. Yours would teach Endren's Ideologies, producing followers for him. The same for JJ's. Maybe each college would give bonus's linked to the entities spheres as well. Comments?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40