Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40

Author Topic: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game  (Read 52041 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game
« Reply #240 on: October 31, 2008, 12:48:32 pm »

finished to write the seranipedia about religion. i would be happy if dark and kashyyk could tell me what they think, since i spoke also about them.

the [...] mean that it is missing something. when it is in roleplay, it is something that has been cut, when it is in seranipedia it might be something that will be added later in the game (i cut the parts about the other gods because serani haven't met them yet, but whn they will i'll update)

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 31, 2008, 04:10:51 pm »

I like the idea of having great temples with statues of the three gods in them, but Iituem said that Endren, Joulan and Jouli all failed to get any real followers from the Serani. Although I hope that will change this turn, you'll have to ask Iituem about it.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 31, 2008, 06:56:17 pm »

Sorry for taking so long, and not seeing the reposts.  Anyway, I'm on it now.

”There's no shame in a false start.  It's not as if you're in any real hurry right?  Surely with anoth-”

“Quiet!  I'm thinking...”  Verinaath stared into the smoke as it wafted away.  Down below in the trees, the last unclaimed species on the planet toiled in their puny little ways.  “I was wondering why  none of those spirits had enmeshed those apes.  The little sprats are worthless.”

”Indirect uplift is never a fast process.  They just misinterpreted you.  Perhaps this next generation will be more receptive?”

“Or more cocksure.  I didn't tell them to interpret anything, I told them to...  Can't even fend off a few...  For the love of the Mael-Num, they've got indigestion?”  The serpent fumed and shouted down to the earth.  “Do you ungrateful primates have any idea how long it's been since I tasted anything?!”  Settling again, he rambled on, “I gave this up a long time ago.  Uplift is a chump's game.  Even if these pit-scratchers ever managed to build me a way off this rock, it will have hardly been worth the annoyance.”

”Come now, what's a millennium of coercion for someone like you?  Verinaath sneered.  ”Well, maybe you should try a different angle?  They're building tools now, but perhaps you should let them develop a material appreciation in the meantime.”

“I know you have a suggestion.  Out with it already.”  An image appeared in the air of a shadowy arboreal predator with a mouth full of Jottar limbs.  “That's it?  I've sold worse beasts as seat covers.”  A red grin spread over the serpent's maw.  “Yes.  Let the apes grow some acquisition sense.  Until then, I do think I need to let off some steam,” blowing an appropriate wisp of smoke.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 07:46:33 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 31, 2008, 07:38:12 pm »

Ok, sorry for not being here in a while. Do i have to take my turn now?

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 31, 2008, 09:08:11 pm »

“Nothing of importance we could find in area we been told to scout” came from those return from scouting Monoliths.
“Hmm but there is nothing of benefit either so maybe they were not strong enough,” came from some of the Monoliths.
“We need to expand are horizon, for it is crowding, so we should go through with it,” said majority of  Monoliths.
“So be send just enough does not affect are population at all,” said rest in agreedment of Monoliths.
Monoliths that came back from attempted colonizization were speaking of weird thing.
“Even though they are offline they can still talk when touch but weird things they say,” came from those who are help the refugee from attempt colonization to help not so weird things.

Turn 2
“It feel like some sort of evolutionary points can help us become stronger, where focus it be invest in it,” said few of Monolith still in process be calm down.
“We should focus on colonization process to focus on to gain,” said another few of Monolith still in process be calm down.
“No we focus on process sunlight process,” said another Monolith still in process be calm down.
“Man one that have not been calm down experiences is speaking of weird things,” said the Monolith help failed colonization of Monolith calm down.
“No they are right I don’t how but it is true,” said one more experience Monoliths.
“So then we will focus on colonization to spend it all since need more room and it is the faster way,” said lot Monolith.
A glow of all Monolith formed around as group  set evolutionary points to colonization efferts.
“How long before they are effective for us,” said one of Monolith.
“Time will tell,” said one of Monolith.
“Since we have not done in colonization attempt in F14 maybe we should attempt it there,” said few of the Monoliths.
“This talking method is still pain in system,” said lot of Monolith.
“While we did gain in attempt development in extend range communication, we think more Monoliths aid we would make some progress in research of it,” said those that work on Psychic Development Social Research in respond to complaint.
“We can at least spare 2 sets of Monoliths of population toward it,” said few of more experience Monoliths.
“I think we has more specific unit for that research,” came replied from all of Monoliths.
“Though do we have enough preparation to colonization? If not then add 2 more sets of Monoliths, “came replied from some Monoliths who has calm down from failed colonization.
“Sound good but it will be awhile before we can find the answer,’ said  most of  Monoliths
“We should 2 more set of unit to use colonization to attempt that area again,” said most of Monoliths.
“Agreed and it will make easier research ways to prevent that happening again. But how about we call that area MonoElephants' Graveyard,” said another few Monoliths
“Sound goods said lot of Monolith,” said lot of Monoliths.

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: EP (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 04:09:02 pm by omagaalpha »
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 01, 2008, 06:05:59 am »

dark, i know you don't have any follower. the temples are from the future (past for the writer of the seranipedia, but future for the serani). also, all gods will be in the pantheon, it doesn't matter if they have worshippers.
you 3 are the biggest because you where the first to come, and probably you will be the first to get worshippers.

also, it is seranipedia, not action. seranipedia can be from any time of the future. i could write there also about serani spaceships. i get this freedom because i never said when seranipedia was written.

but i asked your opinion not for how big the statues are, but for the statues themself and their meanings.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 01, 2008, 07:23:57 am »

I'll have to remember to ask Urist if he'd like a temple too. I wonder what offerings the Golems could present to him there... Maybe !!XXIron SocksXX!!...
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 01, 2008, 07:43:41 am »

I do think the statues are suitible then, and I especially like how Joulan and Jouli were there to remind Endren to keep in line. From Endren's perspective though, he really has no care for statues or monuments to himself, but is glad for the reminder that he is still watching over them.

I think writing the Seranipedia outside of space-time is rather confusing though, I'd stick with documenting the past before the future, if possible.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 01, 2008, 07:57:44 am »

yes, you are right..  i should stay in the past. but the statues were good to show what serani think about the gods (no temples, but they already think that things work in that way. just they don't worship the gods yet, but they know that they exist and they have their opinions about their roles).

i think i'll have to pay it later in the game, when i'll have to spend an action for the temple.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 01, 2008, 10:56:09 am »

You can take your turn now, yes, Nilocy.  Today I'll be compiling results and writing responses.  Working on the assumption a1s doesn't appear, Xenocon will likely become a minor clan and remain out of the foreground until a charismatic enough leader develops to bring them back into power in the future (read: a1s re-appears or someone else takes on their mantle).
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 01, 2008, 11:04:11 am »

I am sorry I have not been around lately, but here is my turn:

Spoiler: RP (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 01, 2008, 11:39:17 am »

this makes me remember taht i still have to write about the blowgun
i'll go writing.

afterlife... if you manage to do it, i'll add it to seranipedia (unless iituem already writes much about it)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 01, 2008, 02:01:41 pm »

Still a few hours yet til I have a turn fill, but just some notes whilst I was updating EPs...

Andrea, I put the Serani Herbalism as a Population Power thing rather than a Food thing because you already have a T1 in Food.  You can still have it as a redundant trait if you wish, but Herbalism would be equally useful in establishing colonies so I used it as a Power trait.  If you want me to change that back to Food, I will, it just won't increase your max Land any further unless you make it a T3.

Omega, you don't have any social sphere units, only military and population units.  Your Social research will thus be done without the bonus of units, sorry.  If you wish, you can use the two units you were going to use on that to colonise another hex, though.  Or research a Population sphere trait.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 01, 2008, 02:17:50 pm »

oh, ok. population power then.

also, i think this is a good time to say that i won't write RP for every action an EP now. at least not before the turn is done. i write a lot, and i don't have enough time and will to do that for everything.but i'll still try to do it

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 01, 2008, 03:39:29 pm »

Omega, you don't have any social sphere units, only military and population units.  Your Social research will thus be done without the bonus of units, sorry.  If you wish, you can use the two units you were going to use on that to colonise another hex, though.  Or research a Population sphere trait.

Oh hehehe did not know that how it works wish told me sooner.  I Try to colonize F17 again since can't name Population sphere trait right now...

Ok made the changes to my rp post hope the Action corrected way that you are talking about.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 04:10:25 pm by omagaalpha »
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40