Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40

Author Topic: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game  (Read 51967 times)

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game
« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2008, 06:36:00 am »

Hehe, I like how Endren, Joulan and Jouli are having a stare-down in the middle of the Serani village. I think it's time to change that.

Endren broke the silence, "Joulan, Jouli, it is clear that we both have different goals, though our means are roughly the same. Certainly this is not a competition between us, but my greatest fear is that you will lead the Serani on the wrong path. I suggest we make a compromise, at least for now. If we are united then the Serani will be united with us, but if we are divided then the Serani will split."

Needs no explanation, I await a reply.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2008, 01:18:42 pm »

remember that a turn is long... when will it happen? i think it should be not much time after you arrived...

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2008, 01:26:37 pm »

Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 01:40:34 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 20, 2008, 01:45:42 pm »

you are an entity... are you sure you can settle new lands?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 20, 2008, 01:56:18 pm »

Well, the point was to influence people to support the entity, and then get those people to form those communes (so that they can stay...you know...alive). Of course, knowing that Illieum intended for the results of my turn to be not what I expect...I expect to be totally [BEEPED]. So I am waiting until next turn, so that I know how best to react to the solution.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2008, 03:34:57 pm »

i wrote other 2 actions, and the text about one of them. i'll soon write also about the other one.
i also added something to the seranipedia. i start writing too much about the serani...

edit: done. i really write too much. i spent hours on that turn... unluckly the last part isn't as good as the second one, that in my opinion isn't as good as the first one, but it should be ok.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 04:12:50 pm by andrea »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2008, 04:22:36 pm »

Jouli nodded at this, and replied, "I believe that we have different motives, related Goals, but equal means. the Serani are obviously a peaceful race and would shun those who attempt to cause bloodshed. Therefore there would be no harm, but more like great benefits to come of a Panthion.

((Of course, being me I would just get my gods to challenge you to a duel, but it would be messy, pointless and lose me such excellent worshippers.))

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2008, 04:26:28 pm »

oh, dark and kashyyk, since you are a big part of my actions, could i get your opinions about my turn? i would mainly like dark's opinion about somniferous weapons (non lethal, but they still work. and of course  possible enemyes are released, they won't become slaves. unless they decide to run toward xenopross, but their lack of knowledge about maps isn't my fault)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2008, 04:33:15 pm »

Dear god! you are going to turn into elves!  :o
But yes, I think Somniferous weapons are good. One point though, could I persuade you to create some last resort deadly weapons? or is that the exact think you do not want?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2008, 04:35:26 pm »

Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, the point was to influence people to support the entity, and then get those people to form those communes (so that they can stay...you know...alive). Of course, knowing that Illieum intended for the results of my turn to be not what I expect...I expect to be totally [BEEPED]. So I am waiting until next turn, so that I know how best to react to the solution.

I wonder what'll happen... ???
It's a mystery!  :o
Profit!

And just a warning: If you meddle in my affairs, I will assume that a threat has consumed my Species, which will be forced to destroy all within your organization. I am willing to assume the loss of my fellow comrades.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2008, 04:41:33 pm »

that is the kind of thing i odn't want. but still i don't like much the part of the endren speech that said "better your blood than the one of your enemyes".
that is why i try to make non lethal people.
this might change when i get theocracy. when it happens, if you get more worshippers than dark, deadly weapons will probably be allowed. that is the point of theocracy: religion says what you do.

also, why i am turning to elves? elves eat sentient races. i try to avoid killing them. elves don't eat meat, while the serani , being omnivorous, hunt when they can.
this make me remember that i forgot to add in the seranipedia about how the serani used to hunt lera-mabali. not that it is important... but it works by making one of them go away form the herd, then leading him on a hole, or a cliff, to kill it. but often many serani die, and that is why mabal ivory was one of the most overpriced goods.

i am turning into a living seranipedia! maybe i know so much about them because i created them.

also, is anybody thinking about who wrote the seranipedia?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2008, 05:24:10 pm »

And just a warning: If you meddle in my affairs, I will assume that a threat has consumed my Species, which will be forced to destroy all within your organization. I am willing to assume the loss of my fellow comrades.

Well, you did help to cause the destruction of a corrupt elite by stealing their capitalistic Stone. We just want to stop oppression. I'm sure we can come to an understanding and work together for the good of Xenopross and other species on these islands rather than wage petty war.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 05:29:06 pm by Servant Corps »

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2008, 05:31:32 pm »

Andrea, the whole point of Endren is to offer a bit of a challenge. Sure you want to be peaceful and that agrees with Endren. But if you would rather slaughter your enemies when they attack, sure you'll survive, but Endren wont be pleased.

Deities that are hard to follow are fun!

You asked for a non-lethal method of dealing with enemies. Talking is a free action right? Simply have one of the Serani question Endren on the matter and I will reply in character. This shouldnt have any effect on the Serani except for what you decide to do next round.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2008, 07:30:04 pm »

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Since as long as anyone could remember, the Stone had always been within the leader's nest. It signaled leadership and change, and the Stone always left the leader with a luminescence about him. The leader would be more authoritative, more audacious, more conspicuous among them, and the vibrant colors of their tails showing their dominance. The passing of the Stone meant the changing of leaders. They always belonged to the Xenocon, he being the first to procure the Stone and become their first leader.

It was an uneventful day, however, of the Eighteenth Changing, when Salmon Blue-Stripe stole the Stone. A rather daring task, certain to bring death upon him for his disobedience if he failed, he knew what must be done. He ran through the grasses, both long and short, and onto the sandy beaches. He could hear the sounds of uproar behind him, chasing him to the beach.

He ran across the beach, to the outcrop of rocks that lay before the ocean. He brought the Stone to the highest of the rocks that jutted out over the ocean. He held the Stone up to the skies. That's what the Voice wanted. The Stone. It would be pleased. And as Salmon held the Stone, a rumble of thunder echoed across the beach. The village stood below, watching Salmon as he held out the Stone, aghast. And suddenly, out of nowhere, a bolt of lightning hit Salmon.

There had been not a cloud in the sky. And yet, he could feel nothing but pain. Nothing. It was excruciating. But, so were the images that flashed through his mind. He saw creatures, the likes he'd never seen before, faces made of clouds, an underwater island, chains, and... a battle. A battle far greater and more destructive than anything imaginative. The skies fought with the underworld while the creatures fought one another, and he, Salmon, stood above them all, pleased.

Yes... so was It...

Tuna Red-Dot, the leader, was at Salmon's side seconds after the lightning bolt. She quickly grabbed the Stone, now slightly charred and fragmented in places, and threw it to her mate. She opened her mouth, exposing her teeth, and quickly went for the throat.

But, she stopped. Or, more correctly, she was stopped, shocked both mentally and physically. Salmon's eyes opened, and the electricity that ran through him made his tail hairs stand straight out, and his eyes were cloudy now. He was blind.

And yet, he saw exactly what It showed him.

“Go forth,” said Salmon, in a voice far more ancient and powerful than his own, “along the ocean. Settle these areas. They will provide you with food to survive, plenty more than you are used to.”
“What is this?” exclaimed Tuna. “Are you overthrowi—”
“Make nets from the land plants,” he continued, ignoring her. “They will help you catch fish and the underwater plants. And lastly,” Salmon paused, and then, less forcefully, “build me a temple.”
Tuna glared, and then turned, taking in the crowd's awed expression. She spoke accordingly, "We'll send out settlement parties tonight," cautious to make it sound as though this was her original plan. "Those who care to figure out how to build nets will stay here." She turned back to Salmon and said, through clenched teeth, "You can have your temple if you plan to build it yourself."

And, at that, Salmon walked, the crowd parting as he moved through them, to the woods and began picking up sticks.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

That... was far more epic than anything I had planned.  ;D
I am totally cool with Salmon being my "voice to the people". The fact that it sounds like he is going to build his own temple makes that even more awesome. And if you add in that it was his thoughts that woke Madric (since it was the awakener that he smote), those thoughts work pretty well in the context you gave me. The thief would want fair weather to travel in.

Put simply, too friggen cool. Where'd I put that e-cookie...  ;D

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2008, 07:58:14 pm »

That... was far more epic than anything I had planned.  ;D
I am totally cool with Salmon being my "voice to the people". The fact that it sounds like he is going to build his own temple makes that even more awesome. And if you add in that it was his thoughts that woke Madric (since it was the awakener that he smote), those thoughts work pretty well in the context you gave me. The thief would want fair weather to travel in.

Put simply, too friggen cool. Where'd I put that e-cookie...  ;D

I figured you'd like an electrical avatar, being the Weather God and all. Except, I'd assume he can't see anything if you leave him in a hex. Plus, it works with their lying stance that he would want a temple :P I like it.

Well, you did help to cause the destruction of a corrupt elite by stealing their capitalistic Stone. We just want to stop oppression. I'm sure we can come to an understanding and work together for the good of Xenopross and other species on these islands rather than wage petty war.

Did I? He did lie about a temple to be built in his name... Xenoprossic society has a lot of deceit and overthrowing. What makes you think I created a better world for all?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40