Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 40

Author Topic: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game  (Read 51937 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2008, 04:03:33 pm »

the serani will worship who they want to worship. i am planning their government to be some kind of theocracy where the rulers are the religious leaders of all the religions.

about other kind of entities, i don't know.

this mean: every god is free to come and look for worshippers here, and in the later game the god with most serani worshippers will have a big part in serani's actions. but i will not look for gods.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2008, 04:10:59 pm »

That's an interesting concept; acknowledge that all of the gods exist, and worship them ~equally as one big Pantheon. The Roman's and Greek's would be proud of you.  ;D

Of course, who says that Madric will be content to let the competition hold any sway over his minions toady's slaves amusements friends?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2008, 04:19:09 pm »

if you have more than 60% of worshippers, you have a good chance to turn it in a one-god theocracy. if you have, lets say, 30%, any of your followers who try to start a civil war will be swarmed by otehrs, and you will become illegal. so lets try to avoid fighting, ok? if you have 65-70% worshippers, i'll work to make other people join your religion. but no civil wars.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2008, 04:22:07 pm »

It appears to be a religion race then. Let the best twin-God win!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2008, 04:24:35 pm »

the rules are: no meteors/lightinings/lava in villages, be fair and... main rule, don't kill, as much as it is possible.
if the free religion of this race turns into a blood bath, i'll turn it into technocracy

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2008, 04:30:26 pm »

It appears to be a religion race then. Let the best twin-God win!

I see what you did there.  ;)

the rules are: no meteors/lightinings/lava in villages, be fair and... main rule, don't kill, as much as it is possible.
if the free religion of this race turns into a blood bath, i'll turn it into technocracy

Are you playing the same game the rest of us are?  :-\
I was under the impression this was "I'm the god, I make the rules. Follow them, or I shove a lightning bolt up your arse (or arse-analogue)." Then it's "No, I'm the God! Follow my rules, and I'll smite him for you!" The god #1 is like "Try it, you pansy." And god #2 is all, like, "Whoo, look at the big brass balls on this one!" And it kinda degenerates from there.

I'm just kidding. Play it however you want to play it. If you want to try and tell the God's what to do, please, be our guest.  ;D It'll make things hilarious interesting.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 04:35:19 pm by rickvoid »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2008, 04:32:15 pm »

if you have more than 60% of worshippers, you have a good chance to turn it in a one-god theocracy. if you have, lets say, 30%, any of your followers who try to start a civil war will be swarmed by otehrs, and you will become illegal. so lets try to avoid fighting, ok? if you have 65-70% worshippers, i'll work to make other people join your religion. but no civil wars.

That entirely depends on who's worshiping whom and what they plan to do about it. Although, to be fair, my Species know nothing about these 'god(s)' yet. Never heard of them. They'll come around, though. Isn't that right, Madric? Or maybe there's a Deity of Backstabbing and Lies. He'd be a nice Xenoprossic deity.

Actually, I like it. Sure, there's the possibility of death, but that's how things work. I'd kinda hate lava... But, maybe my Xenoprosses will evolve to live in water. They'd boil like lobsters :)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2008, 04:41:28 pm »

remember that i can drop all my religion traits at any time. and taht your power comes form the races that worship you.

but mainly, these are the rules for the serani. gods are only a side effect.
you must understand that if the god that some people worship is destroying villages, not many people will like them. so most probablythese worshippers would be killed, and that religion forbidden for some turns.

you can of course do what you want, but i am only letting you know the laws of my race. a theocracy would be good, wouldn't it? if you get enough worshippers, you almost control the serani. if you go over the edge with the blood, people will get tired of it, and no more theocracy. worshippers yes, but religious sphere EPs will drop, and gods will be far less important in government.

i just tought it would be fair to tell it

but i think it doesn't explain much...

i'll try to say it using only few words:
do what you want, but i'll do what i want.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2008, 04:52:24 pm »

oh, forget that. just forget that and do what you want

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2008, 04:55:03 pm »

If we do what we want, and you do what you want, I think this game will work out nicely.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 05:50:51 pm by rickvoid »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2008, 04:56:11 pm »

This will be fun, I can see a Black & White Rendition coming along.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2008, 05:35:11 pm »

There. I edited the Xenoprosses for the only benefit of worshiping the Weather God. I want him placed next to me. Next to the sea. That is his element.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2008, 05:58:43 pm »

I'm not going to mess with Madric (change his sphere, etc) until I got a more definitive response on how he should be changed. It almost sounds like he wants all entities to start with Sphere: Religion first, pick an elemental/philosophical domain, and then branch out from there.

In unrelated news, I have a life-sized foam skull on my desk. His name is Murray, and he really wants his body back.  ;D

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2008, 06:01:50 pm »

I'm not going to mess with Madric (change his sphere, etc) until I got a more definitive response on how he should be changed. It almost sounds like he wants all entities to start with Sphere: Religion first, pick an elemental/philosophical domain, and then branch out from there.

Well, your primary Sphere should be Religion, in that you search for those to worship you. Unless you plain on smiting people a lot. Then you might wanna do Military. But, you could always do Military as your secondary. And have your religious powers control the weather. That's how I see it.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2008, 06:34:59 pm »

I don't have much prefer to where I am.  For want race become Monolith that transformed the land. :P
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 40