Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40

Author Topic: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game  (Read 51935 times)

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2008, 03:21:03 pm »

Your minions? I believe they're our minions followers. We can share right?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 03:27:37 pm by Dark »
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2008, 03:37:32 pm »

I suppose we can for a bit;D

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2008, 03:37:37 pm »

edited my last post with all the informations. do you think that is ok?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2008, 05:01:05 pm »

Yeah it's fine. Until my Species enslaves you and forces you to work in the acid mines.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2008, 05:04:20 pm »

Why mine acid? Read the description of my species. You can have all acid you want  ;D

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2008, 05:05:26 pm »

we will see, we will see.
your fishers have to be near lakes, rivers or the sea. my serani can live on mountains and plains. also, we might be on different islands...

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2008, 05:18:09 pm »

Theres also the matter of entities. Endren doesnt exactly take kindly to slavery.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2008, 05:19:24 pm »

:D

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2008, 05:55:15 pm »

Why mine acid? Read the description of my species. You can have all acid you want  ;D
See? That's the kind of mentality that makes you such good slaves.
Theres also the matter of entities. Endren doesnt exactly take kindly to slavery.
Whoa whoa whoa... If the Xenopross did worship Endren, they'd take a kind of demented version of his views. I'm sure there are some who would follow his views exactly.
we will see, we will see.
your fishers have to be near lakes, rivers or the sea. my serani can live on mountains and plains. also, we might be on different islands...
I hope I'm on an island with another Species. But, if I'm not... oh well.

And it's when everyone expects them to be stuck near water that'll get everyone. Muhuwahahahahahah!

Although, to be fair, they won't fight you if they can help it.

Or will they?

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2008, 08:09:12 pm »

Think I'm going to make a deity, if nobody minds.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Let me know if I've got that right.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2008, 09:19:33 pm »

I don't know if Weather is a sphere. But if it is I'll worship you. As long as you're okay with slavery and backstabbing.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2008, 12:40:55 am »

I'll be around within the next two days to sort out all the entities and species and starting hexes; today, however, is deadline day!

One thing, though.  The primary sphere of all faith-based deities should pretty much be Religion by definition.  You can have powers that work on Weather, but it's not a sphere that Species can really invest in per se.

Effectively, all gods (unless mystically maintained by some force other than faith) should have Religion as their primary sphere, but they can have whatever domains (fire, slaughter, ponies) they wish for the purposes of the roleplay and how their actions manifest.  Spheres are more about the end result than the means of getting there.

As an example, the Demon of Fire mentioned before had a lot of points in Religion, which he used to inspire fear and worship.  Physically he did so by burninating things, but because he was burninating them in a showy way designed to inspire faith it counted as a Religious trait.  Later down the line, he wants to equip a favoured species' army with burning swords.  This is still using fire as his weapon of choice (pun intended), but it would be a Military trait because of the end to which it is being put.

So for Madric, points in Sphere:Religion would be using storms, thunder, visions etc to inspire the faithful, protect them from corruption and achieve special tasks somehow relating to faith, belief and morale.  Points in Sphere:Military would be smiting people with a little of the old-fashioned lightning bolts to aid troop strength.  Points in Sphere:Population (it could happen!) or Sphere:Economics could be fine weather and good harvests either increasing the chances of successful colonisation of a region or the agricultural wealth of an area.  All done with weather, but the ends define the sphere, not the means.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2008, 09:50:42 am »

My Species'll still worship you if you want, Madric. I'm quite certain that it'd be helpful for us if we did, and bad if we didn't.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2008, 03:50:32 pm »

I'm afraid you can't count on Bhuur. Subterranean race wouldn't make good worshippers of a god of weather and storm... ;)

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2008, 03:57:13 pm »

Okay, so your post starts out suggesting that we should have Sphere: Religion, then pick a domain. Then the rest of your post suggests three other spheres. I'm a little confused.

I think I understand what you meant though. Weather can't be a sphere, but for whatever sphere I do pick, Madric will accomplish that end goal with weather effects (lightning, rain, hail, drought, etc). So weather should be his domain. As written, I suppose he should be Sphere: Millitary. I was planning on having him be generous with those who come to worship him, later, however. Could I take a second Sphere like Economics later, by using points I get from worship?

My Species'll still worship you if you want, Madric. I'm quite certain that it'd be helpful for us if we did, and bad if we didn't.

Quite right. :D

I'm afraid you can't count on Bhuur. Subterranean race wouldn't make good worshippers of a god of weather and storm... ;)

You've gotta come up sometime, and when you do... ZAP!! :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40