Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40

Author Topic: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game  (Read 52006 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game
« Reply #360 on: November 07, 2008, 12:01:29 pm »

If you were you would only be able to incite rebellion.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 07, 2008, 12:03:40 pm »

random htought: if serani are enslaved, they still exist, so should i be able to still control them?

It propably depends of if we lead a species, or a civilization.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 07, 2008, 12:04:35 pm »

not really. if the enslaver is nice enough (read it as : not xenopross :P ) then i could make small villages or temples for the gods. being slaves doesn't mean that they would stop worshipping endren and J&J.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 07, 2008, 12:08:07 pm »

Unless of course the slavers decide to purge the Serani that do worship them.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 07, 2008, 12:10:52 pm »

Whoa whoa whoa. They might let you live on in shanty towns, so long as you didn't get lazy and stop working on some great monument somebody wanted built. Probably a death ray. Those are popular these days. AND they kill!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 07, 2008, 12:11:25 pm »

You speak as if all this purging and enslaving thing is very easy. From what I can see, the two species are about evenly matched currently, and have an equal amount of entities caring for them. So if a war starts, I think luck will be the deciding factor, and even then, a complete victory would be hard. And that's withought considering the possibilities that races might ally with the Serani, but most probably not with the enslaving-mad Xenopross.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 07, 2008, 12:15:01 pm »

We haven't even enslaved anyone yet... All this judging business. If/Once I do enslave a race, I will allow these remarks. Until then, I am merely a backstabbing society.

P.S. The Bhuur will not be enslaved.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 07, 2008, 12:15:15 pm »

the biggest problem is that serani won't kill. they just make prisoners, that then join serani as people iwth the same rights, or get freed.

luckly, forests near my home hex seem to be full of lera mabali. i mean... it is not my fault if i live in a dangerous place.

of course, before letting them go away, i take anything they have (welll, not the clothes). good way to get new technologyes and to detsroy military units (that will then become population units, if lera-mabali allow them to live)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 07, 2008, 12:17:13 pm »

Until then, I am merely a backstabbing society

and that is why you probably own't have an ally. and also that is why you won't be able to backstab anyone, because nobody will trust you enough. (well, bhuur could maybe). to backstab anyone, you must make that person trust you. if you say that you are a backstabber, then probably you won't have a chance to be one

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 07, 2008, 12:21:59 pm »

the biggest problem is that serani won't kill. they just make prisoners, that then join serani as people iwth the same rights, or get freed.

luckly, forests near my home hex seem to be full of lera mabali. i mean... it is not my fault if i live in a dangerous place.

of course, before letting them go away, i take anything they have (welll, not the clothes). good way to get new technologyes and to detsroy military units (that will then become population units, if lera-mabali allow them to live)
Not that I have anything planned, but you live in a forest, and you plan on taking away all of your prisoners' weapons.

Kind of hard to do to the Xenopross.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 07, 2008, 12:24:43 pm »

I wonder how willing the captured Xenopross might wish to perform such an action, considering they would be killing themselves too. They're extremely selfish, are they not?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 07, 2008, 12:27:08 pm »

I wonder how willing the captured Xenopross might wish to perform such an action, considering they would be killing themselves too. They're extremely selfish, are they not?
Would you be willing to give secrets to an enemy race if you were supposedly superior to them?

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 07, 2008, 12:28:32 pm »

Andrea, we better meet each other ASAP. I have no wish to bow down to the Xenopross, and 2 races against one can surely hold them back.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 07, 2008, 12:29:58 pm »

Would you be willing to give secrets to an enemy race if you were supposedly superior to them?

Would you believe you were superior if you were defeated and captured by said race?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:33:16 pm by Kashyyk »

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 07, 2008, 12:30:27 pm »

I fail to see what that has to do with captured Xenopross destroying the Serani nation on which they depend on to survive seperated from the Xenopross civilisation. I wonder how they might feel when the Xenopross turn on them, burning the Serani villages despite the Xenopross that live there? Perhaps they might wish to spite their own people for turning on them, aiding the Serani as they do so?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:31:58 pm by Dark »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40