Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40

Author Topic: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game  (Read 52045 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game
« Reply #300 on: November 05, 2008, 01:11:45 pm »

Spoiler: RP (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

BTW: Where do I find the map? the link on the first page just goes to turn 1. THANKS!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 04:35:07 pm by Kashyyk »

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 05, 2008, 02:47:35 pm »

Okay then, here goes nothing:

Nejyxl
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 04:05:15 pm by neo1096 »
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 05, 2008, 02:52:32 pm »

in serani pantheon you are(or will be, depend on where you start) lower than normal deitys, that take their power from the natural laws themself. this, of course, doesn't mean that they will think that you are or can be less powerful than them. that is why you would still enter the pantheon.

this post was just to say that, because reading about Nejyxl i tought "lower than gods".
remember that lower is only because you aren't part of the natural laws that are at the top of the hierarchy in serani religion (or at least the thing that hsould have been serani religion. it all depend on the dice at the end)

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 05, 2008, 03:53:23 pm »

Nejyxl is meant as a force and is not very interested in the races with gods yet. It does not feel it has enough power to challenge them. However it will (if it's added) be something that is not discriminatory and instead seeks to raise those with less power...
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 05, 2008, 03:56:03 pm »

learn this: it doesn't matter what you do, serani will take you and put you in their pantheon. you just have ot exist and show yourself in any way.no way to avoid it.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 05, 2008, 03:58:05 pm »

And if it choses not to reveal itself to you?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 05, 2008, 04:02:50 pm »

it is only a matter of time. serani will explore and know other species, if you show yourself to one of them, they will know. you can't avoid it, you have to surrender. it isn't that bad... just a statue in a temple...

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 05, 2008, 04:14:59 pm »

As long as the Serani realize that even if they put it in their pantheon, it isn't gonna start blessing them automatically Nejyxl will appreciate the growth of it's power. Right now, however it simply isn't willing to risk the attentions of 3 possibly hostile gods simply for a place in a pantheon.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 05, 2008, 04:18:23 pm »

I'm sure the Bhuur wouldn't mind a deity.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 05, 2008, 05:07:40 pm »

Yup, they wouldn't. Consider this as an offer, otherwise they will have to worship subterraenan monsters which care only for food. ;)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 05, 2008, 05:41:01 pm »

TURN THREE

A century has passed since the stones fell...

Global Scenario: Heatwaves

Affects: All

Following an end to the storms that plagued the as-yet-unnamed northern coast of the as-yet-unnamed mainland, dry seasons grew longer and summers warmer across the land as the years progressed.  Although not uncomfortably hot save in the baking desert, the bloom of heat and drier conditions in the plains have selected for grasses with particularly thick seeds able to survive drought, though periodic brush fires have been a problem.  Forests have experienced a bloom in growth, trees reaching higher than ever before.  More fish are appearing in the rivers and along the coast, but with them the mats of green algae beneath the surface grow larger each year.

Turn Three Map
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 05:54:19 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 05, 2008, 05:43:13 pm »

I have placed Nejxl in Bhuur territory arbitrarily as an avatar, because an Entity has to begin play as an avatar.  If you wish, Nejxl, this avatar may be whispers in the heads of people, or simply one crazy Bhuur who spouts a lot of rubbish and gets the idea into peoples' heads.

Ultimately, an Entity exists as an idea when it is not manifest, so you'll need to establish at least a basic following before you can vanish and become mere force of will.

Also, only a minor global event (but insidious, and enterprising players might figure out a use for this).  Next turn we may see a return to local events and some more harrowing challenges.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 05, 2008, 05:46:10 pm »

The map doesn't load.

The proper link (I think)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 05:49:08 pm by Gantolandon »

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 05, 2008, 05:54:35 pm »

TURN THREE

A century has passed since the stones fell...

Global Scenario: Heatwaves

Affects: All

Following an end to the storms that plagued the as-yet-unnamed northern coast of the as-yet-unnamed mainland, dry seasons grew longer and summers warmer across the land as the years progressed.  Although not uncomfortably hot save in the baking desert, the bloom of heat and drier conditions in the plains have selected for grasses with particularly thick seeds able to survive drought, though periodic brush fires have been a problem.  Forests have experienced a bloom in growth, trees reaching higher than ever before.  More fish are appearing in the rivers and along the coast, but with them the mats of green algae beneath the surface grow larger each year.

Turn Three Map

You are deliberately screwing with me now, aren't you.  >:(

;D

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 05, 2008, 06:16:30 pm »

A couple of things are wrong with the map. I should have a certain number out of 9 on my colonies, as well as the colony established should have a few more than 1... If it was settled with 2 (I'm assuming that both survived) and the Cult of Storms gave +1 to all hexes, I should have 3...

As well, some of mine and the Serani unit totals are missing.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40