Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40

Author Topic: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game  (Read 51952 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2008, 08:15:51 pm »

Did I? He did lie about a temple to be built in his name... Xenoprossic society has a lot of deceit and overthrowing. What makes you think I created a better world for all?

And what made you think that I believed what I said about you being just and how we might be able to cooperate? I'm also an Xenopross. :P
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2008, 09:56:09 pm »

Did I? He did lie about a temple to be built in his name... Xenoprossic society has a lot of deceit and overthrowing. What makes you think I created a better world for all?

And what made you think that I believed what I said about you being just and how we might be able to cooperate? I'm also an Xenopross. :P

Well, how would you know everyone who joins you is for what you want then? Uh oh...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2008, 08:54:38 am »

Illness has kept me from going in to the laboratory today, so I've got all the turn results done up (actually, I had most of them done up yesterday anyway).  Just waiting on a1s and then I'll post my turn and the turn change.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 21, 2008, 09:45:25 am »

Well, how would you know everyone who joins you is for what you want then? Uh oh...

Um. :(

The Cheka? :D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 10:20:44 am by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 21, 2008, 04:19:57 pm »

If he ain't here by sundown, we run him out of town.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 21, 2008, 04:25:25 pm »

If he ain't here by sundown, we run him out of town.

HE SHALL BE SMOTE!!
*thunderclap*

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 21, 2008, 07:12:22 pm »

It is sundown... Grab your pitchforks!

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 21, 2008, 08:06:41 pm »

just letting you know that i've edited my previous posted actions and RP
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 21, 2008, 08:41:22 pm »

just letting you know that i've edited my previous posted actions and RP
Well now he has to redo your turn!

Great, just great... Actually, it's not that bad. It's like one changed thing.

Also, side note: I don't think a1s is posting, so I guess I'll have to deal with the PPT without him... I'm almost considering a Xenocide...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2008, 01:44:22 pm »

We'll go by the 'twice skipped' rule.  If a1s posts before next turn is over, he can post actions for both turns and I'll retcon to fit where possible.  If he misses two turns, Xenocon will remain in a state of 'limbo' until he does return (since he hasn't really developed any influence yet at all, I feel bad about destroying the entity entirely at that point).

Urist

Now and again, golems straying from the catacombs would happen upon a strange little creature; a fleshy thing similar in appearance to a golem but much shorter and with a black outer shell, wearing a loose layer of black husks on his shell.  A black beard framed a face with beady yellow eyes and concealed messy yellow teeth.  They would see him drawing odd marks on rock faces, or moving stones around in fashions that made little sense.

As the years passed, golems came and went and saw him now and again, keeping to himself.  Eventually, curiosity brought some of the golems to meet the little dwarf and question him on what it was he did.  They received a courteous reply:

"Bugger off, ye great lummoxes!"

The golems took this message back to their masters in the catacombs and cogitated upon it.  Needing more information, they stalked the mountains searching for the dwarf until they happened upon him again, refuelling himself from a wooden cask.

"I thought I told ye to bugger off!  Let a poor dwarf drink his ale in peace!"

The golems returned once again to contemplate the matter, deciding once again that more information was needed.  The search continued for twenty years until at last a single tin golem found a cave filled with small comforts, where the little black dwarf kept his beer.  The dwarf threw up his hands and ranted and raved at the golem, who stood there impassively, uncertain what to do.  Eventually, the dwarf gave out a great huff and squinted at the tin man before him.

"If I teach ye some magic, will ye leave me be?"

The golem considered.  It agreed.  The dwarf muttered in annoyance and picked up some chalk, drawing a diagram across the floor and fetching a handful of odd stones.

"Well, let's start with power," he muttered.  "Can't do anything without power.  Y'see, the whole world is suffused with this sort of essence, or energy you can't really see, but if you can set things up juuust right..."

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2008, 01:54:20 pm »

that is a true dwarf!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2008, 02:11:44 pm »

Yay, my golems are going to learn magic! And from a dwarf hermit named Urist, no less! I see bright things in the future of my race! (Bright, as in, burning socks...)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2008, 02:12:08 pm »

Man... lucky...

EDIT: Any turn posting yet?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 02:15:04 pm by webadict »

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 22, 2008, 02:13:37 pm »

This is going to be good!
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 22, 2008, 02:40:14 pm »

TURN ONE RESULTS

Spoiler: Golems (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Endren (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joulan & Jouli (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Madric (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serani (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PPT (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Monolith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bhuur (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Verinaath (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jottarians (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Xenopross (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Urist (click to show/hide)

Notes from the Turn

So with a little trial and error, the rules become clearer.  The first and foremost thing to note is that all actions are performed by units.  Although I ask for three general types of actions, the ultimate number of actions is determined by the number of units available.  The more units invested into an action (be it a Deed, Research, or Colonisation), the greater the chance of success (the sole exception is Scouting, which needs no units).  Equally important, the more units the lower the chance of failure.

A lot of actions this turn only invested one unit in their attempts, so they only had one unit's strength in the action.  Probably the most successful action of the turn was the Jottarian research attempt; because they only used one Population unit to try and colonise a location, three Pop units were used to try and research Toolmaking.  This netted them a very high success rate (+4 EP).

Second up is the amount of Move a unit has, actually a hidden stat.  Most units have 2 Move, plus 1 Move for every 5 points of Range in their native sphere.  Avatars have double this.  So to take the Jottarians again, the 1 point of Pop that attempted to colonise the forests used 1 Move to get to the Hex and 1 Move to try and colonise it.  The three units that remained at home used 1 Move to research Toolmaking, then 1 move to research it even further.  Urist, by comparison, used all 4 Move to try and teach Golems magic (but he got some bad rolls and they didn't learn much).

Where people attempt an action they have no units for, I assume a unit strength of one, generated from the general population.

Some folks with good stats got bad rolls this turn, some folks lucked out.  Generally, though, people with good stats do better.  Know your strengths.  The Xenopross failed all three colonisation attempts this turn because they had no Action or Power in their Population sphere - they are better at swindling colonies from people than establishing them.

EP To Burn

Monoliths:  +5

Xenopross:  +5

Bhuur:  +4

Jottarians:  +4

Serani:  +5

Golems:  +4

Loading Turn Two...

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40