Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40

Author Topic: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game  (Read 51938 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Lite - A Supplementary Game
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2008, 03:52:41 pm »

did i really write all that? good. oh, i suggest you read the seranipedia before reading the text.
if you find any big spelling error, tell me please.

aslo, tell me your opinions, and what you think about the seranipedia (should i keep posting it on each turn, should make a post to update when i add something, should stop it...)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 03:57:13 pm by andrea »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2008, 04:00:38 pm »

Spoiler: "Questions" (click to show/hide)

"How are the troops?" Engles asked.

"They are well-prepared," the colonel responded. "How many will we dispatch to start the revolution?"

Engles replied, "As many as we can spare. Enough to let our Xenopress overlords to learn the truth, and to pave the way for our comrades to strike."

"Alright, Engles. But remember, if the revolution happens, then there better be better living conditions. I don't want to toil to replace one ruling class with another."

"Neither would I. I'm tired of being a grunt in their army, tired of their power struggles and assisting in their exploitation." Engles stared intently. "Once the oppressors are gone, then our true potential will be revealed." He hands a document over the Colonel. "Do not betray the Revolution."

EDITed In Light of new Rule Changes.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 01:41:16 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2008, 04:04:01 pm »

nice turn... i like it very much, mainly because it weaken the xenopross. may your rule be wiser than webaddict's one. but this might be a problem to handle for the GM...

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2008, 04:20:17 pm »

Long before Jfthrlm had crash into planet an Monolith came to frozen planet that had hardly any life but saw with little help that planet could support greater life. Monolith first begin building atmosphere up which many years until temperature of plant was acceptable tempeture. Though life on planet has not even get to point that was to fish level creature. So to help process along create plants in sea and the land so that there was food for life got to that point as did this creature evolve to be able take advange food on planet. Monolith produce two smaller Monoliths to monitor life help it evolve and guide them path peace and life. The Monolith left the planet to search for other planet to help. 
The two smaller Monoliths sat in status until Jfthrlm came near it which start them begin awaking process. By the time the Monoliths had fully awoke Jfthrlm ship was searing through  the sky in fabulously destructive re-entry. An Glowing artifacts that came from ship hit one smaller Monoliths and the Monoliths absorb the artifacts and combine with it. Monoliths took great internal damage from interaction that was never supposed to happen. The other Monolith was effected which cause it to multiple by extreme amount that was never seen before by Monolith. As the Monolith that had multiple realize what had  happen to other one and fear worse and also due memory loss it figure out other one was dead and buried deep within ground. Though after that was done there still some  effect from the merger made all Monoliths continue to loss their abilities that they once could use.

Afterward they start touch with each other.  They were  communicating by touching each other and went like this.
“Need more room, not enough space,” was that seem come from lot of them.
“We will separate into the North tile to create more space,” said some to other as they did that.

“Room in this land is at max, not enough space to grow,” was that seem come from lot of them.
“Memories of Mounties I think is to the west exist,” which seem to come from few of Monoliths as replied to the problem .
“Then let move some of us to there,” was replied from few others.
“We should send scout to area first,” came replied from some other Monoliths in collective.
“But if scout should be successive then send enough to there to colonize that area,” said few of Monoliths.
“If scout party fail then I say we have to do some work long distance communication,” said one of Monoliths.
“Rest reply that is good idea since we are willing die just so we  don’t  has kept touching each other too communicated.” said all of Monoliths.
“Well then how about we do it anyway?” ask few of Monoliths.
“Sounds good but we would not have population it is ethier or thing,” said lot of Monoliths.
“You are right then we should scout an another area like North West,” said an few of Monoliths.
“We agree,”said lot of Monoliths.

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  comments (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2008, 04:31:37 pm »

Spoiler: "comments" (click to show/hide)
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2008, 04:35:27 pm »

i think that the white thing near the monoliths are free worshippers... but monoliths have no points in religion.
i really don't know...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2008, 04:56:17 pm »

Okay, bits and bobs whilst I'm about.

The Yens represent military units (the ASCII equivalent of a military standard).  Crosses represent religious units (I would have used ankhs, but they turn into crosses at that font size).  The little S shapes (see the Xenocon symbol) represent Social units.

The pink crosses in the Serani hex represent Serani religious units, the white number next to it represents the total units they have.  The white Yens in the Monolith hex represent Monolith military units, the white number next to it represents the total units in that hex.

The blue (not yellow!) Yen in the Xenopross hex represents the PPT's avatar, just as the red 'S' represents the Xenocon avatar and the light yellow cross in Serani territory represents Endren's avatar.

Non-deity entities get avatars too, yes!  They represent champions, generals or influential members of the organisation such as the PPT's character "Engels".

Finally, Andrea.  Excellent post!  I really liked the Seranipaedia and you'll be getting bonus points to your rolls this turn for it.  I'd like to add that colonisation counts as one action regardless of the number of hexes you try to settle, though you do get penalties after a certain number of attempts.

The only spelling error of note was 'Length', though if you capitalise the start of sentences it makes for generally better presentation.  =P

Servant Corps - I think I can make all of your intended actions work, though not necessarily the way you are expecting me to.  He he he.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2008, 04:59:30 pm »

Somewhere under the surface of earth, a pack of animals wandered through the dark tunnel: white lizards with short tails and pale white, thick skin. A pair of two ears were an uncommon element for the reptiles, but it was needed. In this dark environment eyes would be useless. In fact, none of the herd had functioning eyes... only two shallow cavities could give some clues where they once were.

The pack treaded lightly to the tunnel they knew. They were the gatherers, but they wouldn't call themselves by this name. They did not know names yet. But their deep-seated instinct told them that the females and young ones need food. They must gather enough to feed them. If they won't bring enough, the weakest ones will be eaten by the rest.

This tunnel was a good place. The bats lived nearby and the pack always could catch some of those tiny animals. If it wasn't enough, there were some exits to the world above the mountains. The lizards instinctively feared it, as there were no ceiling there and sometimes something burned their skin a bit. But sometimes they risked and wandered next to the exit. It was better than being the food...

But this time there was no exit. The tunnel was blocked by large stones... and something else. It heard like stone, but smelled... differently. Unlike the food, but unlike the rock.

The pack leader hesitated. Normally nothing that couldn't be eaten wouldn't interest him much. But this not-stone drawn his attention.

He sniffed it again and burped loudly. The haulers, waiting for his signal, picked up the not-stone. It have somewhat overriden their natural instincts: they smelled it's not edible, but still were ready to bring it to the nest...

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 05:04:59 pm by Gantolandon »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2008, 05:51:57 pm »

This got a bit longer than I planned.  Flash of inspiration and all that.  I merged Verinaath's background into the set-up, and I like it like this.  Shikogan, I'm going to be abusing these guys for my highway-robber demigod's amusement.

Eons passed, and eons came, unheeded by the ebbs and flows of the immaterium of thought.  Anger flowed through the stars, chasing in the wake of a dream of gain unfettered by perspective.  Into the conscious realm of one world they drifted, seeping through the psychic shackles binding a being into the world.

With a roar that shook the skies, the massive being awoke.  Verinaath returned to form.

”And I thought you'd never wake up.  So good to see you're still alive!  Did you have a nice slumber?”

“Cram it,” the huge serpent barked to nothing as he shook the sleep from his limbs.  “You take a meson blast to the face and see if your neurons keep firing.  What did I miss?”

”My reception is limited I'm afraid.  Your old pals the Glorbnoxs started a pan-galactic brawl over an ad-bot scheme.  They're catching quite a bit of guff for it.”

Verinaath let out a satisfied cackle.  “Serves them right for that margin deal.  Squid-faced bastards.  Not that it does me any good stuck on this dirtball,” he cursed, staring at the muddy world below.

”Speaking of which, I have found activity on the surface.  Some intelligent life has sprung up during your slumber.”

The serpent feigned interest as he scratched his armored crevasses.  “Anything worth waking up for?  Class 9's?  Extra-progressives?”

”All primitives, I'm afraid.”  The demigod started growling.  ”However, I've run some simulations, and identified a few candidates for, um, indirect uplift.  Probability in the second quintile for at least one species to reach Class 4 within a standard core-turn.”

A low chuckle echoed through the sky.  “It has been a while since I impersonated a deity.  Well, show me what you've got.”  Reclining in the air, Verinaath watched images form in the twilight.  A mass of representative spheres appeared, with a profile of a bald canid.  “Natural born liars, huh?  Sounds like my kind of scum.”  Another mass of colors formed on their calculations.  “Eh, immaterium is a bit crowded.  You didn't mention I had company.”

”I did not detect any independents.  Manifestations I believe.”

“Just what I needed, more ghosts.  What else is down there?”  An image of a thin hairy humanoid appeared, with more spheres riddled with colored clouds.  “What did I just say?  I'm not competing with any damn spirits.”  The last entry materialized, a four armed simian with smaller spheres.  “This is a joke, right?  A bunch of vomitous monkeys?  Nothing useful alive on this grungy rock?”

”That's all the mid-sapient organics anyway.  They do look kind of like you.”  Deftly dodging the demigod's swat, “Alright, alright.  Well, they are industrious enough.  You can probably scrap them up to your usual standards.  They'll be profitmongering with the best before too long, if you can show them how to... appreciate... more things than... fruit.”

The serpent let out a deep sigh.  “It's going to be a long millennium.  Well, let's get started.”  And with that, Verinaath spiraled out of the heavens, towards another unsuspecting client.  Thoughts whirled through his ancient merchant's mind of ways to entice seed picking apes...

Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2008, 06:57:26 pm »

I decided I'll make myself a little diety.

Gordons existance was coming to an end. He'd been around for a very, very long time. Time was taking its toll on this lonely, sad and unfortunate creature. It was nearing an end to what had been happening for ever. He sat down in his comfy arm chair not noticing how tattered it was after millenia of use. He sat, watching the fire burning softly in front of his feet. Picking up a book, titled simply "Everything", lying on a table to his side he began writing.  This is the story of a man named Jeff.

We come to a small patch of clearing in a forest in a nondescript area somewhere. The trees rustle with the winds of the north, the grass is as green as ever. Birds flying merrifully together, small woodland creatures nuzzling about in the bountiful bushes. Suddenly, a large pop rings out from the middle of the clearing. Out of nowhere comes a figure with the most handsome features to bestow such lands. With two legs and two arms a head, and 20 functioning digits, he resembles what some call 'Human', others a travesty but thats another story for another time. Jeff was what this Man knew to call himself. Already he was aware of his existance, showing surprising dignity he hid his naked body from those that may have prying eyes.

Jeff has a purpose. For he is the avatar of Peace, Power and Prosperity*.

OOC: Hi all. Iituem is it ok if I make another god? I'm guessing the Peace goes into the Military sphere here? hee hee, a rhyme (time).

Spoiler:  Entity Points (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Comments (click to show/hide)

* I was going to go for just Prosperity, but Aqizzar beat me to it...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 07:33:45 pm by Nilocy »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2008, 07:05:18 pm »

Indeed you may, though I'll request you appear in Turn 2 so that Verinaath doesn't have to change any actions this turn to take into account your existence.   :D

Also, domains are a bit of a flavour thing.  Military and Economic might be good secondary spheres to represent Peace and Prosperity, however.  Simply change the second set of points you have to either Military or Economic depending on whether you want to pursue Power or Prosperity first.

Note:  If you're a deity that draws its power from worship, you need to have Religion as your primary sphere.

Aq:  Whether you use Religion or Economics as your primary sphere depends where you draw your power from.  Do you gain power from the belief and worship of the masses, or do you gain it from having a lot of money and economic influence at your disposal?  If it's the latter, tell me and I'll change your primary sphere to Economics rather than Religion.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 07:15:16 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2008, 08:28:03 pm »

Aq:  Whether you use Religion or Economics as your primary sphere depends where you draw your power from.  Do you gain power from the belief and worship of the masses, or do you gain it from having a lot of money and economic influence at your disposal?  If it's the latter, tell me and I'll change your primary sphere to Economics rather than Religion.

That's a good question.  I guess as a semi-demigod, Verinaath doesn't actually need anything, he just likes being in control of prosperous entities.  "Religion" works just fine.

Jeff can land in turn 1, it's after Verinaath's conversation.  I'll deal with the new competition next turn.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2008, 10:38:45 pm »

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Since as long as anyone could remember, the Stone had always been within the leader's nest. It signaled leadership and change, and the Stone always left the leader with a luminescence about him. The leader would be more authoritative, more audacious, more conspicuous among them, and the vibrant colors of their tails showing their dominance. The passing of the Stone meant the changing of leaders. They always belonged to the Xenocon, he being the first to procure the Stone and become their first leader.

It was an uneventful day, however, of the Eighteenth Changing, when Salmon Blue-Stripe stole the Stone. A rather daring task, certain to bring death upon him for his disobedience if he failed, he knew what must be done. He ran through the grasses, both long and short, and onto the sandy beaches. He could hear the sounds of uproar behind him, chasing him to the beach.

He ran across the beach, to the outcrop of rocks that lay before the ocean. He brought the Stone to the highest of the rocks that jutted out over the ocean. He held the Stone up to the skies. That's what the Voice wanted. The Stone. It would be pleased. And as Salmon held the Stone, a rumble of thunder echoed across the beach. The village stood below, watching Salmon as he held out the Stone, aghast. And suddenly, out of nowhere, a bolt of lightning hit Salmon.

There had been not a cloud in the sky. And yet, he could feel nothing but pain. Nothing. It was excruciating. But, so were the images that flashed through his mind. He saw creatures, the likes he'd never seen before, faces made of clouds, an underwater island, chains, and... a battle. A battle far greater and more destructive than anything imaginative. The skies fought with the underworld while the creatures fought one another, and he, Salmon, stood above them all, pleased.

Yes... so was It...

Tuna Red-Dot, the leader, was at Salmon's side seconds after the lightning bolt. She quickly grabbed the Stone, now slightly charred and fragmented in places, and threw it to her mate. She opened her mouth, exposing her teeth, and quickly went for the throat.

But, she stopped. Or, more correctly, she was stopped, shocked both mentally and physically. Salmon's eyes opened, and the electricity that ran through him made his tail hairs stand straight out, and his eyes were cloudy now. He was blind.

And yet, he saw exactly what It showed him.

“Go forth,” said Salmon, in a voice far more ancient and powerful than his own, “along the ocean. Settle these areas. They will provide you with food to survive, plenty more than you are used to.”
“What is this?” exclaimed Tuna. “Are you overthrowi—”
“Make nets from the land plants,” he continued, ignoring her. “They will help you catch fish and the underwater plants. And lastly,” Salmon paused, and then, less forcefully, “build me a temple.”
Tuna glared, and then turned, taking in the crowd's awed expression. She spoke accordingly, "We'll send out settlement parties tonight," cautious to make it sound as though this was her original plan. "Those who care to figure out how to build nets will stay here." She turned back to Salmon and said, through clenched teeth, "You can have your temple if you plan to build it yourself."

And, at that, Salmon walked, the crowd parting as he moved through them, to the woods and began picking up sticks.

Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 04:26:32 pm by webadict »

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2008, 12:12:48 am »

okay ill spend my extra 5 EP into toolmaking (T1,5)

Actions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RP

Notes
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 07:02:23 am by Shikogan »
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2008, 05:59:18 am »

so... since settle is only one action, i have other 2 to post?

i'll edit my older post then.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40