Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Good god! Finally! A nice cave to settle in!  (Read 3886 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Good god! Finally! A nice cave to settle in!
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 10:15:16 pm »

Upload both the world and the save, that way everone will be happy, except you for the extra work, but that will quickly be countered by the funny stories.
Eh?
Eh!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 10:47:58 pm »

I guess I should do them both right now, as I have school tomarrow.

Fort save.

World save.

~Enjoy
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 04:56:45 pm »

Thought I'd tell you how things are going.

Well during the uploading of the fort I completly ruined my save, so I had to restart, I think it was for the better though, let me redo my forts lay out.

My humble entrance.

I think I will start out with something good! My well, it's done!

Unfortuanately a dwarf was wounded when a giant stormed through my fort, so I had to work fast in it's constrution. Meaning it's not going to be as close as I wanted it to...

It was this guy who was injured, I had to recruit rush in order to save my fort.

He's healing surprisingly fast despite himself being mangled by a giant!

Had an immigration wave, though nothing special, just some useless profesions, I think it was for the best they die :\. Giant's also managed to kill my liason, damn!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 07:28:50 pm »

I say make it into a story.  It's already sounding good. :)
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 07:59:45 pm »

You know, I tried something like this some versions ago. I found a cave in adventure mode, settled a fort there, and after about a season or so (I can't remember exactly,) the cave entrance magically sealed itself. I had been so interested in marching my dwarves at the cave, however, that I failed to remember two things: food, and cave dwellers dwelling outside of the cave. Also mandrills. Didn't bother reclaiming.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 09:02:36 pm »

I say make it into a story.  It's already sounding good. :)

The people speak! I guess I will try my hand at this! Maybe a community fort can be done too, the fort is saved onto the DFFD.

Anyway expect the topic either late in the night,(not a promise...) or in the next day's,(EST) afternoon!

The Adventurous Construct!

STRIKE THE EARTH!
You know, I tried something like this some versions ago. I found a cave in adventure mode, settled a fort there, and after about a season or so (I can't remember exactly,) the cave entrance magically sealed itself. I had been so interested in marching my dwarves at the cave, however, that I failed to remember two things: food, and cave dwellers dwelling outside of the cave. Also mandrills. Didn't bother reclaiming.

Mandrills? Sinister jungle cave anyone? Man I love caves! ;D

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 06:53:31 pm »

I'm sure you could have killed those giants. Somehow.

But where would we get three rubber bands, a tricycle, two old tires and a rhesus macaque at that time of day?

I do believe you meant unicycle. A tricycle would be silly.
Pages: 1 [2]