Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: LCS 3.12.1 Release  (Read 4082 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: LCS 3.12.1 Release
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 11:51:00 am »

Don't need a save to track that one down, should be easy. I agree that the juice boost is over the top -- I remember thinking that years ago, before I was even working on the game, so I totally agree. I wonder if there shouldn't be some sort of alternative way to reward those Guardian releases without giving juice to everyone -- maybe a wave of donations or something. Juice is a precious commodity, and giving lots of juice to lots of people seems very overpowered, even if it's toned down.

I'll take a look at Leadership and court defense, but it certainly shouldn't be doing that. One thing to consider is if there were alternate explanations for the boost -- one of the 50-juice-to-everyone releases could easily do something like that, as could having a bunch of medium to high juice subordinates go on a shooting rampage and survive.

Edit: I'll take a look at teaching and hostages. Probably need to put an alignment restriction so you can only teach Liberals.

[ May 16, 2008: Message edited by: Jonathan S. Fox ]

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 11:53:00 am »

hmmm...there was a timely release of court files right between my founders arrest and trial...having 13 subordinates all go up at the same time might do it.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 11:55:00 am »

The fastest way to increase Leadership is to have immediate subordinates gain juice. 50 juice x 13 subordinates is a lot of Leadership.  ;) Which is one reason I'm reluctant to even allow a smaller "juice bomb".

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 06:16:00 pm »

I've had a few flitches, but I can't find the saves. I'll let you know if they pop up again.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 07:21:00 pm »

would it be possible to change the starting date of the game so that the first election cycle isn't a presidential one? It seems like if you miss the first one you're waiting for ever now.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2008, 07:52:00 pm »

I have a glitched save. How do you want it?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2008, 01:26:00 am »

Little -- I'm assuming you're the one that sent me the save file? Email is the best way to get it to me, yeah. And I was able to find and fix the bug.

BishopX -- That sounds reasonable. How does 2 years out from the next Presidential Election, instead of 1, sound? Obviously if you move back too far then it's an excruciating amount of time before the first election anyway.

Edit: The game will now start in January 2007 instead of January 2008, so you get an extra year. Also, to mirror the current elections at least in spirit, the Conservative President will now start in his or her second term.

[ May 17, 2008: Message edited by: Jonathan S. Fox ]

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 10:43:00 am »

dead seduced activists are still counted as the seduction cap.
as is everyone else (towards the recruitment cap)
actually no, not everyone, but i can't yet figure out who does and who doesn't. and why.
more strangeness. the amount of recruited people seems to have stabilized at 5 (one of which is the judge), new people are counted as normal, but instead of decreasing the number of recruits overnight, it does so in the course of a few days (decreasing by 1-2 every day)

[ May 17, 2008: Message edited by: a1s ]

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2008, 11:08:00 am »

Work-around: Bury them.

(I haven't verified this works, but I'll bet you it will.)

[ May 17, 2008: Message edited by: Jonathan S. Fox ]

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 11:16:00 am »

yes, that worked. thx.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2008, 01:05:00 pm »

my foundet went to prison and lost all his sleepers (this part is expected, I guess), including The Judge.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2008, 02:58:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan S. Fox:
<STRONG>Little -- I'm assuming you're the one that sent me the save file? Email is the best way to get it to me, yeah. And I was able to find and fix the bug.

[ May 17, 2008: Message edited by: Jonathan S. Fox ]</STRONG>

That was me. What'd you need to fix?

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2008, 03:01:00 pm »

Jonathan, thanks for moving the start date, it just feels like the game take a while to reach it's full speed, this should work well.

Does the new siege calculation apply to all enemy groups or just the police?

I've had 4 corporate attacks on the same site in as many days. Also, repelling a siege doesn't seem to give juice or create a news item, which doesn't make sense to me, I mean evidence the the CIA or corporations attacks American citizens on American soil seems kinda inflammatory.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2008, 03:28:00 pm »

there should be news, ofcourse. However in both the cases while some people will suspect who is behind it, there is no clear evidence pointing to any of the groups. In one case you are attacked by a group of hired guns who probably don't have anything to connect the to the corporations on them. and the if the CIA didn't know how to cover it's tracks, the west wouldn't have won the cold war.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2008, 03:45:00 pm »

We won the cold war?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4