Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Show river names on Q screen [adventure mode]  (Read 816 times)

pickupsticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Show river names on Q screen [adventure mode]
« on: October 12, 2008, 11:40:40 pm »

It'd be good to be able to see the names of rivers when playing an active game (rather than having to go to the embark screen to look things up)

For me, this would make exploring a little more fun, e.g. when tracing a river to its source on foot, fighting the hippos, knowing what the brooks and tributaries are called.

Perhaps have the river name come up in the same way that road & bridge names do??

Maybe you'd need to have people that you talk to mention rivers as well as other areas/features of the local geography.

You can already find out the names of seas and oceans by moving the cursor over them in the Q screen.

Maybe you shouldn't know the names of ANYthing unless someone tells you... or unless it's somewhere that your parent civilization knows about (but this is another issue)

pickupsticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Show river names on Q screen [adventure mode]
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 11:23:28 am »

...guess it's just me then.

*brushes thread under the carpet*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 11:36:49 am »

Sometimes it isn't always that people don't post because they disagree with you (In fact I often do post because I do)

It is sometimes because people don't feel like they can add anything worthwhile to the post or that the post is so much "without saying" that they don't feel inclined to do anything.

Also it may be because it is a suggestion they don't really care too much about.

So don't take it as a negative.

pickupsticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 03:56:00 pm »

Oh, I wasn't... I just thought that "bump!" would look rather crass  :P

Suggestion forum seems to be pretty lively this week ~ maybe it's all the excitement from the recent DevNow.

I know that I'm excited.   ;D