Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Excited at next version...  (Read 4074 times)

Ezuku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Excited at next version...
« on: October 11, 2008, 11:35:41 pm »

Seriously, is anyone else really *really* excited at the next version?

Just from reading the dev nows, I feel like Christmas is coming with the updates we'll recieve. Of course, it'll probably make the game too easy when military dwarves stop acting retarded, but wow, it's going to be awesome.

dizzyelk

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes kittens for their delicious roasts.
    • View Profile
Re: Excited at next version...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 11:42:00 pm »

I'm near pants wetting excited about the new release. But, then again, I've been this excited abour 'em all...
Dwarf Fortress - Bringing out the evil in people since 2006.
Somehow, that fills me more with dread than anticipation.  It's like being told that someone's exhuming your favorite grandparent and they're going to try to make her into a cyborg stripper.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 11:45:58 pm »

Yes.  Partly for the new body raws, but looks like there will be a lot of very nice changes.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 12:26:10 am »

I certainly look forward to using the new RAWs to make my creatures that much more horrific.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 12:44:37 am »

I can't wait because I've recently been making very militaristic forts, and I am super psyched for new military controls, and smarter sparring sessions.

Yay!
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 03:42:44 am »

Not really looking forward to establishing yet another fort before I even got started. Tedious to get a good starting party, let alone a good cold evil spot with magma

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 03:50:26 am »

Not really looking forward to establishing yet another fort before I even got started. Tedious to get a good starting party, let alone a good cold evil spot with magma

You'll probably have another month, if not more, on .40d mate. According to dev_now, Toady plans to implement most stuff by the end of this month, then start bugfixing in November. then release.
Magma is overrated.

Ezuku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 04:17:53 am »

Not to mention the new version even when released will probably have quite a few nasty bugs (eg the sleeping beauty bug in army arc), so waiting a few weeks post-release will be nice anyway. That said, I'm a little boy on Christmas day, so bugs or no bugs, I'm switching over...

Xehon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 05:20:00 am »

DF displays a curious anomaly. If you're been a DF fan for some time then you're starting to get used to all that goodness and excitements. Its kinda like a vaccine in the long run. You become like a ecstatic dwarf working away busily, just waiting for the next load of alcohol that's around the corner. DF-fandom is one step closer to heaven, with Toady being god.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 08:19:43 am »

I'm excited more about the phenotype stuff than the military overhaul.
Actually, I'm just happy we get a regular dev-blog again.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 11:26:37 am »

Seriously, is anyone else really *really* excited at the next version?

Just from reading the dev nows, I feel like Christmas is coming with the updates we'll recieve. Of course, it'll probably make the game too easy when military dwarves stop acting retarded, but wow, it's going to be awesome.

Basically I am always really excited before each major DF version releases. Who isn't?  :D

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 12:13:37 pm »

Getting a good starting party shouldn't be tedious anymore -- you know you can save a skill/item set, right?

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 12:15:45 pm »

Getting a good starting party shouldn't be tedious anymore -- you know you can save a skill/item set, right?

Only problem is, if I recall, it doesn't save their personalities; so your painstaking efforts to assign each dwarf to their best-suited job are thwarted upon loading.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 04:53:06 pm »

People actually pay attention to dwarven personalities while assigning jobs?
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 04:58:06 pm »

Some do.

This is, after all, a game that attracts that sort of crowd. I know I do that, at least.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4