Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: The General Reborn {Community Fort}  (Read 10538 times)

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
Re: The General Reborn {Community Fort}
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2008, 08:46:28 pm »

Can I have another dwarf then? This time a macedwarf, a long-lost brother who is also a berzerker? Also, by some miraculous coincidence called Neo? He will do whatever he needs to to avenge his sister and will help with masonry and mining and engraving or whatever else needs doing.
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2008, 10:08:21 pm »

Man this story is great. IMO we should have a reservoir of water underground, in case of a prolonged siege or we are forced to box ourselves in or something. Also anyone who's trying to give an injured dwarf some water will not be in danger of ambushes.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2008, 10:46:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Consequently, Neo worshipped the god of war...which ironically the General does not worship.  I will be posting God profiles and other picture-related updates tomorrow if I can get photobucket to play nice.

Also there's no reason we can't reload the matrix and make another Neo. 

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2008, 10:55:21 pm »

Yay!!!!! The One returns...
Also if you have DC you can return me to life as a skeleton and release it into a goblin siege. THat would be awesome... Kamikaze Skeletons of the Fallen-Giving everything for the Dwarves, to their deaths and beyond
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 11:00:36 pm by neo1096 »
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2008, 11:04:52 pm »

OOC: I don't plan on using DC at this point.  The only realism I'm stretching is the reincarnation of certain key figures from my previous games.

IC:

Ravaged caravans, goblins, slain dwarves...another dead member of the original founders.  All this stress was driving her to forget to drink.  The General choked down some sewer brew, selecting it mostly for the fact that the foul liquid reminded her that she was, for the moment, alive.  Someone knocked at her door.

"Come in." She said.  The door opened and Maggarg walked in.

"Sir, how are you doing today?"

"I don't need pity, Maggarg, you know that."  With a mighty effort she lifted her tired body out of her chair.  "I haven't slept in days.  Neo...Armok damn those goblins."

"From what Zak said about the bodies, and where they were found, Neo died a heroic death, General."  Maggarg said somberly.  "She managed to kill one of them, which is amazing given the number of bolts in her corpse."

"But why didn't I...Why wasn't I more careful.  The God's know how well I know the sting of a goblin bolt.  We were so focused on this damned water project that we were nearly all outside.  One good ambush and we'd all be dead."

"I doubt that." Maggarg said.  "Even the least skilled warrior you've trained would not go down without a fight.  You trained Neo yourself, General...you trained me as well."

"Lot of good that did last time." She said.  "This melancholy will pass with time, Maggarg.  It is a burden a commander must bear.  Please, just leave me to my sorrows."

"Aye, General."  Maggarg turned to leave.  "Oh, General. We've received word that there are human traders in the area.  I've ordered a pair of scouts sent to meet them and guide them here.  They should arrive in a few days.  I will have the usual goods brought to the depot."  He pushed his way through her door, and closed it firmly behind himself.

"One thousand years and it's still not easy," she said, pouring herself more sewer brew.  She took out some parchment and began sketching Neo's tomb.  She knew that she had been interested in a historic group of swordsdwarves, and designed the room around their symbol.  It would serve as a good resting place for the warrior.  "In death, peace my friend."

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2008, 11:25:18 pm »

Can't wait for tomorrow so i can see my tomb and the rest of the fort.

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2008, 11:39:48 pm »

The problem with your tomb atm is that I don't have a good picture of it without revealing another tomb...

To explain further, I have been playing up to year 4 (the story is up to early year 3).  In the course of events so far, I have dug a total of 4 named tombs, however at the moment one remains unfinished.  Let's just say gobbo's enjoy eating our faces.

Additionally, there's some fun story stuff I have planned for the immediate future.  I'm glad you are enjoying the story.

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2008, 11:54:55 pm »

At the dark fortress of the goblin King, Catten...

Ngom bowed low before his liege, and shook slightly with fear.  "My Lord, we have found another dwarven outpost."

"This is not unexpected, worm." Catten said, looking down menacingly from his steel throne.  "How big is it, how many dwarves are there, what are it's defenses?"

"I...I...I don't know, my lord.  We had barely gotten near it when we were mowed down by crossbows.  I was the only one to escape."

"Pity, Ngom.  You have failed me greatly." The king motioned for his guards.  "I hope the demons enjoy eating your tender flesh."

Ngom struggled vainly against the guards' superior grip.  "My liege, there is one thing more!"  The guards stopped in their tracks.  Catten nodded for him to continue.  "They are building something.  A massive felsite tower."

"What is it's purpose?"

"I don't know, my liege, but I am willing to go and find out."

"Do not fail me again, Ngom." Catten said.  "I will not be as lenient next time.  Find the purpose of this tower.  Once we know more we will wipe this menace from the map."

Ngom bowed low, and scurried to leave the dark tower on his mission.

In the fortress of Heroicstand of Glory...

The humans finished loading up the trinkets and goblin clothing the General had offered them.  What she had bought cost the fortress dearly, but it was neccesary.

"I hope to see you again soon, Henrick,"  The General said.  "You do us a great service by bringing us these goods."

"As long as the profit is great enough, I don't mind," the human said, shaking the General's hand.  "If my king were to find out about this, I'd be hanged, though.  We have a tenative peace with the elves, but it hinges around us forgoeing trade with your race."

"Then I am doubly grateful, friend.  I would leave swiftly before the tree-lovers discover you here.  Thank you again."

The merchants packed up and left swiftly, which left the General just one other task.  She wandered down the hallway and up to the farms.  There she saw Vesa and Dacnor hard at work planting rock nuts. 

"Dracnor!  What are you doing?"

"Planting, ma'am," the veteran said.

"So you are playing in the dirt when there's real work to be done?" She said, forcing as much venom into her voice as possible.

"No, ma'am.  I'm assisting Vesa in our farming operation."

"Are you a smith or a gardener, then, soldier?"

"A smith, ma'am."

"Then get down to the forge and make us some weapons."  She turned on her heel and made for her office.

"Yes, ma'am" Dracnor said.  A realization came over him, and he ran down to the depot.  Surely enough there sat not one new anvil but two.  He ran them the length of the main hallway and set up two forges.  Immediatly he began hammering soft copper into the forms of weapons and armor he had longed to see for a while.  Dracnor smiled with the glee of a child as he raised his forge hammer high, and slammed it down upon the form of a copper sword blade.

OOC: yay for traders.

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2008, 06:39:12 am »

Aww, Mad Larks hasn't done anything notable yet.

Could you tell me his stats and skills, please?
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2008, 06:55:02 am »

Last I checked he was an Elite Marskdwarf.

Master Marksdwarf
Shield User
Professional Wrestler
Proficient Armor User

Once I get caught up, I will post everyone's stats.  Which will be funny as the starting 7 have done a lot of work that's not their profession for a long time.

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2008, 01:18:56 pm »

Excellent...*tents fingers*
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2008, 05:25:11 pm »

I'd like Williams stats to. The dwarf should be ready for the fight if he's to live up to his title of Swordberserker. To bad you can't have Armok to be your default god. Blood! Blood for the Blood God!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2008, 11:39:34 pm »

I tried to post (via phone) a couple of minutes after this was started. It didn't work. :(

Here I am now, eagerly requesting a soldier.

Strife:
Male perferably (so what if I'm a chauvinist)

Strife seeks to be a leader of dwarves.He believes that victory is best achieved through a cadre of elite troops backed up by a large (if possible, %100) reserve force.

He prefers to act as a mediator between different groups, as he believes that a fortress devided won't stand. He would like to train somewhat in several different civie jobs to get a feel for the profesions. He prefers mechanics and farming though.

In war, Strife is also ecelectic. He would like to train in all weaponry, but prefers a spear or a sword in battle. He is also a very big proponent of heavy armor.

Strife genuinly cares for others. He would have very few qualms about dieing for the cuase and would put a bolt through his head, rather then be captured (after the rest of the quiver was empty). He is somewhat superstitious, beleiveing in some strange afterlife green thingee, but although outspoken about his own beliefs, would never force them on another.

OOC
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2008, 09:36:42 am »

I'd like to a dwarf too (since my previous one became King, this one might become Emperor... ::) )

Name : Eresis
Profession : Something inconspicuous like a clerk.
Background : A very distant cousin to the King, Eresis works for the King's Spymaster. He has been assigned to the fort to keep watch until the General regains all of her abilities... and to influence her discreetly to prevent her from getting delusions of grandeur. At first he will pose as a simple peasant and slowly seek to gain the General's good graces and to become one of her trusted (but discreet) advisors.

Eresis is someone who tends to fade into the background and give wise advice without seeking personal glory or rewards. He is as loyal to the King as the next dwarf but would change his loyalties if the King mecame a liability for the kingdom.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2008, 09:49:10 am »

I'd like one of the champion wrestlers, if any are unnamed.

Call him Squeegy and switch him to hammers.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10