Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: The General Reborn {Community Fort}  (Read 10537 times)

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
Re: The General Reborn {Community Fort}
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 03:26:52 pm »

Poet-warrior... How appropriate, I love it. Also the writing so far has been great, keep it up. :)
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 09:56:05 pm »

I will take the male siege operator, please

Name: Shoruke
Profession: mechanic, siege operator/engineer, architect... since I suppose I need some other kind of comabat training, I'll take a mace.

bio: the forefront of technology is in war, and this outpost is where the war will be. I prefer to make my own siege tools, so that I am more familiar with them, and then blow me enemies to bits... possibly from the opposite end of a long hallway, so that I have enough time to aim.

The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 10:16:32 pm »

I would like to add that anyone in the game is more than free to post personal logs, etc as long as they don't directly conflict with what I've posted.  If you want to try to develop your character's personalities more I'll try to add them in to my posts as well.

Also I am doing a more creative and less gamey write-up on my blog at www.vgtheory.blogspot.com

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 12:26:14 am »

Winter, 201, Date Unknown Diary of dwarf William Dark

I and the rest of the dwarfs have arrived at the Military Outpost. There seems to be a good opperation in the works, or what will be. I just feel it in my blood. If I'm correct, I should be drafted post-haste. Perfect. If my quest to honor my familys name, which has been in decline these recent years, I need to be the best. I shall watch this Outpost grow into a mighty fortress. And I and all the other brave souls here will either sink or swim in our fight against the green menace.

~ William Dark
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 12:27:48 am by WorkerDrone »

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008, 12:33:05 am »

I'll claim the male fisherdwarf.  Whenever you get around to weapon-training everybody, make him a speardwarf.  Thuellai for the name.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Edwin DeNicholas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 12:58:48 am »

Could I be the male brewer? Besides being the backup brewer, this dwarf would like to pursue the art growing, his dream is to have a farm plot of Sun Berries and to make the finest Sunshine the world has ever known (probably impossible since I think sun berries only come with elven traders).

First Name: Garin
Preferred weapon: Hammer
Other hobbies: Farming, Plant processing

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 02:13:46 am »

Entry 1: Diary of Neo Likotkadol
It seems we've finally got migrants. Our leader, the General, seems slightly-off putting and I found myself slightly frightened at her demeanor. I don't know why she insists upon having someone else as our "leader" but I'm trying to find out. Regardless, the General seems competent enough and I'm happy to follow her orders.
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 04:06:24 am »

Diary Of Sarek
Winter 201

Our first year in this fortress is nearly at an end and with our recent wave of new migrants it seems that things can only improve from here. It seems an eternity since we all gathered outside and The general swung that pick into the Earth christening this place but so far running the books for this fort has been smooth sailing, despite the fact that I am forced to train in preperation for warfare...If the general expects me to be running blindly into hordes of Goblins she can forget it.

My comrades all seem a decent bunch and we get on well, working with Vesa I would have to say she would be my favoured companion right now. However I find myself almost intimidated by the general the way she holds herself up as a warrior is indeed admirable I shall enjoy seeing a real life legend in action even if it is from far behind the walls.

As far as work goes I havn't run into many difficulties making sure that the citizens and our supplies are all accounted for is an easy job that I am accustomed to, so with my free time I have decided I shall write a book chronicalling the histories of this fortress. I am sure with our grand general many heroes and stories shall arise and I may even one day become a famous novelist. One can only hope.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 04:12:53 am by Flintus10 »

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2008, 10:10:04 am »

From the Personal Log of the General

With the immigrants arriving today, our work force is nearly quadroupled.  This is good, it means that basic training can begin right away.  I am sorting the candidates for training as I write this.  I believe that I will keep our resident domestic at her post, sorting out logistics and keeping us fed and stocked with drink, and pull the other five of the first seven on to training.  A few of us have a military background and that will help keep discipline.  Additionally, I am certainly placing the following candidates in basic immediately.

First is William Dark.  He is a very sociable fellow, until you get him talking about battle.  Though he has no formal war training, I can tell he has a warrior's spirit and will be very ferocious.  He told me he would rather die a bloody mess in pieces on the battlefield than wait for death to find him in bed or doing some measly task in the fortress.  I think we have a candidate for a permanent military service.

Next is Shoruke.  Though fresh out of the dwarven siege engineering school, he seems very eager to build and practice on a mighty siege engine.  He also keeps talking about firing platforms and arcs of coverage, and things I don't fully grasp.  I guess siege engineering has come a long way since the old days of placing engines on your walls and firing on goblins until they came within bolt range.  Consequently any siege engineer who wants to abandon his post because a goblin is coming will have the choice: face the goblin or face me.  I think they'll choose the goblin.

The final candidate I've pulled so far is Thuellai, the fisherdwarf.  He has a patience and an analytical mind I have not seen in some time.  Most dwarves these days tend to act first and think later, but Thuellai is quite the opposite.  He also already is comfortable using a spear to catch fish, now I just need to train him to use it to kill goblins.

There are plenty of candidates to go over.  I'm hoping for another seven, giving us fifteen in training and ten to maintain the fortress.  Once we get an anvil we can begin the second phase of military training.

OOC: The following are still up for grabs:

Male Animal Caretaker
Male Brewer
Male Engraver
Male Peasant
Male Potash Maker
Male Woodcutter

Female blacksmith (Metalsmith)
Female Engineer (Siege Operater, Mechanic, Pump Operater)
Female Milker
Female Miller
Female Pump Operator
Female Peasant
Female Peasant
Female Woodcrafter
Female Woodworker (Bowyer, woodcutter, carpenter)
Female Woodworker (Bowyer, woodcutter, carpenter)

Consequently, "Female Milker" sounds very inappropriate.

These dwarves will be up for grabs until they are filled, but I won't be updating again tonight probably, so grab one now if you want them included in the storyline.  I will try to have named characters drop by in the story as much as possible.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2008, 10:39:28 am »

Please can I reincarnate as maggarg ?
Preferably an unmarried dwarf.
The peasant might do.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2008, 11:49:42 am »

I'll give you the other male peasant, maggarg as soon as I can play a bit.

For those of you not in on the joke, Maggarg's last character became a legendary swordsdwarf champion, only to be killed 10 seconds later by his dwarf wife wrestler.

Maggarg likes it rough I guess.  ;)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2008, 02:36:33 pm »

I'll give you the other male peasant, maggarg as soon as I can play a bit.

For those of you not in on the joke, Maggarg's last character became a legendary swordsdwarf champion, only to be killed 10 seconds later by his dwarf wife wrestler.

Maggarg likes it rough I guess.  ;)
Phwoar.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2008, 02:54:46 pm »

An update is coming sometime soon, after I figure out why we can't trade any crafts or mugs or totems or anything to the traders (can't even get them to the depot)

Historically our civ did very well early on, until the elves came into play with our dwarf/goblin war.  Then all hell broke loose and we lost all but our mountain home stronghold.  There are dwarves in the north who have never had to fight elves, just goblins, and they have three cities to their names (just barely though).

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2008, 03:36:47 pm »

Could I get the engraver?

His name is Haukur. He can understand speech and read very well, yet he never talks nor writes. If he has to communicate anything, he uses gestures or engravings.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2008, 10:44:48 pm »

Wow, Malaki didn't last long at all. You didn't even give him a profile! :(
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10