Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Crawl Roll Call  (Read 26581 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Crawl Roll Call
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2008, 05:26:12 pm »

I had an amazing mummy summoner that was killing everything in sight until he miscast summon scorpions and a hostile abomination 2-hit killed him.

Ouch. Owned much?

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2008, 05:46:35 pm »

I had the amulet of Anuex (artifact), ring of ice, +3 gloves of Lesser Demons (artifact), +3,+2 spear of piercing, a +1, +3 dwarven dagger of protection, full dwarf plate armor, staff of summoning, and wands of confusion, digging, cold.
Final score of 729.
Level 7 dwarf fighter.

Stupid orc parties, always kill me.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2008, 05:48:54 pm »

I had the amulet of Anuex (artifact), ring of ice, +3 gloves of Lesser Demons (artifact), +3,+2 spear of piercing, a +1, +3 dwarven dagger of protection, full dwarf plate armor, staff of summoning, and wands of confusion, digging, cold.
Final score of 729.
Level 7 dwarf fighter.

Don't worry... I loathe them too!

Though to admit the hardest enemy I ever fought was a Zombie Troll... I had to cast my charm spell on it a thousand times and forced it to clear out a dungeon on its own to finally get it to die.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2008, 05:55:02 pm »

Final score of 729.
Level 7 dwarf fighter.

Don't worry... I loathe them too!

Though to admit the hardest enemy I ever fought was a Zombie Troll... I had to cast my charm spell on it a thousand times and forced it to clear out a dungeon on its own to finally get it to die.

Try an ice beast backed up by elementals and a party of ogres.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2008, 06:25:44 pm »

A single ice dragon trumps all of those.

It takes spam casted fire spells without flinching, then it has enough to-hit modifier to get past 32EV, and it's somehow immune to evaporated confusion potions. There goes my invincible Spriggan transmuter/conjurer/assassin.  :'(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2008, 06:50:36 pm »

I want to play as a Spriggan, but I can't bring myself to; people say that they're easy.

And inaluct doesn't do easy. 8)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2008, 07:21:15 pm »

Two words.

Steam Dragons.

Like, seriously, what the hell?
A dragon that spits steam?
Sounds like a fire dragon that drank too much water.
And on Dungeon Floor 5.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2008, 05:49:11 am »

I remember those, tough things...

hardest thing I fought was probably a...

Steam dragon or a tidal wave of orcs.

I hate myself at times. Orcs I ask you!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2008, 03:47:23 pm »

I would just like to vouch for the power of mummies...

So I started a mummy chaos knight of Lugonu, imagining this embalmed warrior clad in dark demon-armor being summoned forth again from the abyss in order to fight in the unformed one's name.

But first, I decided to wander around a bit in the abyss until I saw something dangerous.  Eventually I did, and that was when I zapped myself out.

I found myself in a layout that I'd never seen before, with lots of plants, deep water, and lava.  There was very little walkable terrain in the area.   In fact, I couldn't find a way out of my little starting area and over to the other side of all the lava and such, where the rest of the dungeon spread out.

So I wandered around for a bit and found a few scrolls.  One turned my +3,+1 mace into a +3,+1 mace, the second scroll cursed it, and the third was a blink spell.

I activated that spell just outside of a useful range.  I had no chance to save the spell and move myself to a better location.  Instead, I just blinked to a random spot.

Which happened to be a two-tile island in the middle of the lava.  Completely isolated from everything else.  To add insult to injury, I could now see a path to the other side that I could've used earlier.

Being a mummy, I was unable to simply starve to death in a dignified manner.  I had already used up all my potentially dangerous scrolls, and I couldn't quaff potions if I wanted to.  I soon realized that there was only one way off that island.

I renounced Lugonu.

Immediately, I'm back in the black pit.  I start blundering around aimlessly, dodging an abomination and a skeletal queen ant (skeletal ant?).  Randomly, I end up at a portal.  I step through.

Back in the dungeon.  Except this time, I knew where the path was.  I walk over, and begin trying to commit assisted suicide with some monster.

I rampaged blindly, paying absolutely no attention to what was happening, never using ranged weapons, never using spells, and with a cursed mace.  I reached level 4 before finally charging into combat with an orc and a worm when I had only 4 health points left.  After a few exchanged blows, the worm got a good bite in.  This was after I took on six orcs and a giant newt at one time.

A suicidal forsaken chaos knight made it to the #4 spot on my list of top-scoring adventurers.

Also, I recently started a Spriggan transmuter with the intent of giving him over to Nemelex Xobeh (evocation skill makes nice pals with card decks, apparently).  Screw enchanters, Spriggan transmuters are juggernauts.  Midget juggernauts.

I just wish I could find more porridge...

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2008, 12:44:31 pm »

Steam Dragons.

Like, seriously, what the hell?
I always thought they were dragons that worked on steam. So I thought they were steampunk dragons. Although the fact that I have found steam dragon armor doesn't quite go along with the steampunk image.

Also I thought that steam dragons were hard until I ran into a mottled dragon and a storm dragon. Seriously, sticky flame is so unfair. That's why I like to play Deep Elf Fire Elementalists.

P.S. I had thought that Crawl doesn't have much to make stories from, but Kagus proved me wrong.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 12:46:07 pm by LASD »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2008, 01:04:54 pm »

IIRC, one draconian adult form can breathe steam, so I'd say that's what they are.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2008, 07:41:14 pm »

Just now made it to level 10 of the dungeon with a Hill Dwarf fighter(warrior whatever) named Akath. Hooray for generic names.

Centaurs are not your friends, particularly when they interrupt a scrap with a million orcs by shooting gas arrows into the fray.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2008, 08:07:53 pm »

I just got killed as a Spriggan Transmuter. They're fun, but I prefer slings to spells. I should have used my spells against that orc warrior that killed me, though. Evaporate sounds useful.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2008, 08:11:56 pm »

I just got killed as a Spriggan Transmuter. They're fun, but I prefer slings to spells. I should have used my spells against that orc warrior that killed me, though. Evaporate sounds useful.

Slings?
Pff.
I carry around magic daggers and axes for throwing.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2008, 08:33:41 pm »

But throwing is so weak. If I have an enchanted sling then I get a bonus for every measly rock I chuck at someone.

Edit: Halfling rangers.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 08:39:22 pm by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11