Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Peru inhabited by Dwarves?  (Read 13904 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Peru inhabited by Dwarves?
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2008, 03:03:14 pm »

I just wanted to add, MAN, VEGETARIANISM IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

This thread gets almost as much activity as the religion threads here. Damn those heathen meateaters!

/sarcasm (I'm an omnivore but would switch if I weren't at such a dangerous level of hypoglycemia/diabetes)

Novocain

• Bay Watcher
  • Huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2008, 03:33:52 pm »

Technically speaking, aren't most of the effects of B12-deficiency removed if you simply increase the amount of folic acid you consume, since B12 acts to replenish the stocks of folate? Or by donating B12 more money, since life is meaningless without DF?

Just something I've learned over the years. ;)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2008, 03:42:01 pm »

It is, especially since more and more people are turning into vegas. Personally I think that vegetarianism is the is the biggest bullshit ever. People would like to believe in this, they think that it's good for their health.
The father of my grandpa is still alive, he is 98 years old. He is still smoking cigarettes [He says he started to smoke when he was 17], and he was eating meat with meat in his whole life.  ;D
This is all about your genes. I knew someone -she was a vega, and she was never smoking at all- who died at the age of 41 because of lung cancer.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2008, 03:52:27 pm »

I say go your own road.  Find what you like best, and stick with it.  We all die, and the only important thing is to enjoy the ride before you crash and burn.  If you're happy and you feel good, you're healthy enough.

And if you get off by standing on top of a soap box and preaching how your way is the morally and physiologically right way for everybody, remember that soap boxes have feelings too.

Also, humans taste like pig.

Belteshazzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2008, 04:24:11 pm »

Mmm! Vatflesh I wonder if its Kosher though? If not then the Jews and Muslims will just have to keep cattle. But as for me I'll have another slice of Soylient Beef. Just have to make sure vat 8 doesn't go sentient again, It's embarrassing for a 12x6x8 meat cube to suddenly gain voting rights and a pension.
In the year 570, Kjerdregus occurred.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2008, 04:37:06 pm »

It is, especially since more and more people are turning into vegas. Personally I think that vegetarianism is the is the biggest bullshit ever. People would like to believe in this, they think that it's good for their health.
The father of my grandpa is still alive, he is 98 years old. He is still smoking cigarettes [He says he started to smoke when he was 17], and he was eating meat with meat in his whole life.  ;D
This is all about your genes. I knew someone -she was a vega, and she was never smoking at all- who died at the age of 41 because of lung cancer.

Not all vegetarians are in it for the health benefits.  Some are just uneasy with the idea of eating other animals, which is fair enough so long as they're not preachy about it.  Of course eating healthy is good, too.

What I find disturbing is that, particularly in America, there's this conception, supported widely throughout pop culture, that a meal can't be both good and healthy.  California, is of couse, a particular offender, but I don't think it's close to being the only one.  There just seems to be this idea that veg, fresh food, anything that's not coated in salt and sugar and artificial flavourings, is 'rabbit food' or tastes bad or... something.  As though a strawberry coudn't possibly taste as good as a strawberry-flavoured candy or something (mmm, strawberries).  The cynical side of me suspects that this image is deliberately kept up by sellers of fast food and unhealthy crap.  Britain is far from free of this attitude, too, but it is under seige- supermarkets trying to make five-a-day easier with price cuts and nutritional values printed clearly and visibly on the front of packaging, next to information on how much of everything you should be having in a day, that sort of thing.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Ezuku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2008, 08:58:52 pm »

Total mortality appears to be similar in vegetarians and comparable non-vegetarians...
Hence you can’t really make the comment that vegetarians are any healthier than non-vegetarians.

Well, but at least saying you're destined to die if you're a vegetarian is a wee bit far fetched, as being claimed in the post Vaftrudner replied to.

Ah, none the less he mentioned that vegetarianism could be even more healthy, and presented those articles as evidience, which was what I replied to. Nvm though.

Technically speaking, aren't most of the effects of B12-deficiency removed if you simply increase the amount of folic acid you consume, since B12 acts to replenish the stocks of folate? Or by donating B12 more money, since life is meaningless without DF?

Just something I've learned over the years. ;)

Although the haematological effects may be partially avoided, the neurological manifestations can't be stopped.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2008, 09:05:54 pm »

I cried laughing at what the PETA spokesman called Chickens.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2008, 11:51:26 pm »

Most of the world's population eats little else but rice every day and is severely malnutrioned.

That's seriously inaccurate.  A lot of people do eat a lot of rice, but not "most people eating little else", not by a very long way.  Nor are "most people severely malnutrutioned", whether they eat rice or other staple foods; maybe one person in ten is, which is quite bad enough.

HUH? We here eat also other things. We eat leaves (that cooked!), we eat other kind of spices, we eat MEAT!

NO WAY PEOPLE WILL ONLY EAT RICE! The leaf community sieges you!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2008, 11:56:08 pm »

*SIEGE*

A vile force of darkness has arrived!

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2008, 11:59:23 pm »

Total mortality appears to be similar in vegetarians and comparable non-vegetarians...
Hence you can’t really make the comment that vegetarians are any healthier than non-vegetarians.

Well, but at least saying you're destined to die if you're a vegetarian is a wee bit far fetched, as being claimed in the post Vaftrudner replied to.

Personally, I think that arguing that vegetarianism might make you immortal is a wee bit farfetched.

But what do I know, eh?

Ezuku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2008, 02:07:21 am »

Personally, I think that arguing that vegetarianism might make you immortal is a wee bit farfetched.

But what do I know, eh?

This is clearly more evidence that vegetarians = elves

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2008, 02:36:41 am »

But what do I know, eh?

This is clearly more evidence that vegetarians = elves

Vegiterian elfs? Lulz
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2008, 02:46:26 am »

So you're saying the only meat eaten by vegetarians is human?

Well, I've seen T-shirts to that effect, but not really in the way you're thinking.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Ezuku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2008, 02:57:57 am »

So you're saying the only meat eaten by vegetarians is human?

Well, I've seen T-shirts to that effect, but not really in the way you're thinking.

According to google, the great majority of cannibals are vegetarians. Behold the cold evidence of science:

"vegetarian cannabals" - 392,000
"omnivorous cannabals" - 30,000
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10