Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Peru inhabited by Dwarves?  (Read 13866 times)

ikkonoishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Our Dwarven instincts compel us to run blindly towards disaster in case there may be a ☼<☼giant cave spider silk sock☼>☼ lying around.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Peru inhabited by Dwarves?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 10:20:31 am »

And of course, the Elves are horrified by it.

Wait a second... GET THE MILITARY THERE! Elves are going to ambush that town any second now!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 10:29:34 am »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1782932.ece

Comments?

I think this has come up before, but I can't remember where.

The Real Dwarves return!
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 10:48:02 am »

How disgraceful...

I heard no mention of kitten mittens, how can you let valuable cat parts go to waste?

Pi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 10:53:25 am »

LOL!  Peta is a bunch of hypocrites. Why do they find it strange and cruel for peruvians to have a catfood festival, and compare it to korean dogwokerry, but forget our own emerican tendancy to eat beef? in what whay is beefeating different from wokking  a monkey? PH for Fail on cultural awareness.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 10:57:54 am »

Well, they mentioned the European beef industry, which is the exact same thing, pretty much.

Anyway, those deformed Peruvians (living so close to Brazil, it has to be true) are all going to get toxoplasmosis.

dizzyelk

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes kittens for their delicious roasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 10:59:04 am »

Henny Penny the hen? PETA writing a children's book over there?
Dwarf Fortress - Bringing out the evil in people since 2006.
Somehow, that fills me more with dread than anticipation.  It's like being told that someone's exhuming your favorite grandparent and they're going to try to make her into a cyborg stripper.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 11:22:11 am »

Every fucking thing is an aphrodisiac. There's something fucking wrong with people if they need to eat cats to get it up and actually believe this crap

That said, I'd eat dog or cat meat. I like to defy convention

Someone should probably tell them Bessie the cow and Henny Penny the chicken wouldn't exist if we didn't want to eat them. Stop talking like they're pets, if people magically stopped eating meat, much of these critters would go extinct
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 11:25:06 am by Pilsu »

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 11:27:26 am »

Awwww....freaking hell.  :o
Who the hell could eat fried cats or dogs?
Disgusting!
*Tormy cancles Store Item in Stockpile: vomitting*  :(

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 12:23:14 pm »

Firstly, PETA is batshit fucking insane.  Period.*

Secondly, if the cats are being raised as livestock, the way we raise cows, pigs, chickens, and various other critters, then I see no problem.

*Seriously, did anyone see that campaign they had where they were (with pictures) comparing cattle to Jews in concentration camps?  It was the most ridiculous, retarded, and outright foul comparison I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 12:24:55 pm by Earthquake Damage »

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 01:43:03 pm »

Secondly, if the cats are being raised as livestock, the way we raise cows, pigs, chickens, and various other critters, then I see no problem.

Cultural differences eh?  ;)

Xehon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 02:57:48 pm »

I have to say that I side with PETA on this one. Although I can't defend their choice of words, which seems rather ridiculous and inappropriate, but I'd consider the possibility of them being the result of editing decisions.

I find any act of violence against a conscious being to be a deplorable act of malice. Beside, using meat for basic nutrition is very inefficient and creates a great deal of problems in todays world.

LOL!  Peta is a bunch of hypocrites. Why do they find it strange and cruel for peruvians to have a catfood festival, and compare it to korean dogwokerry, but forget our own emerican tendancy to eat beef? in what whay is beefeating different from wokking  a monkey? PH for Fail on cultural awareness.

That's either selective reasoning or you don't really know anything about PETA at all. First of they're made up from vegans and vegetarians, neither of which eat meat, whether it's beef, monkey or cat. Secondly, they constantly protest the american meat-eating tendencies.

Someone should probably tell them Bessie the cow and Henny Penny the chicken wouldn't exist if we didn't want to eat them. Stop talking like they're pets, if people magically stopped eating meat, much of these critters would go extinct

I don't really see a problem with that. If they don't exist then there would be no problem to begin with. In fact, I dare say that PETA would welcome such a reality, as the multitude and high numbers of livestock animals would present a serious problem when meat consumption would cease.

Seriously, did anyone see that campaign they had where they were (with pictures) comparing cattle to Jews in concentration camps?  It was the most ridiculous, retarded, and outright foul comparison I've ever seen.

I find that to be a rather fitting comparison. In fact I think the Jews in concentration camps are even a rather soft comparison, as the conditions and killing methods for animals in captivity tend to be much worse than that.

If you're insulted by the comparison because of racial differences then in human context you'd be a racist, I see that to be a fitting description in this case as well.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 03:04:30 pm »

Fried Cat?
I would give it a try, at least.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 03:28:53 pm »

meat is meat

just because an animal is "cutter" than another animals does not disqualify it
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 04:56:08 pm »

I understand carnivores generally taste worse, though. I wouldn't want to eat cat very badly, myself.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10