Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Rate the above username!  (Read 11961 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the above username!
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2008, 12:42:47 pm »

Heh, like the story Freddy Swift (now i know who you are, and im coming to kill you) a bit like mine, lazy but sounds good :D

My user name originated from the good ol' days of Runescape back when i was like 12. It was originally Niloc (Which is my name backwards (Colin)). It was a bit harsh on the toungue to say and all so like everyword I just added a 'Y' and hey presto, Nilocy was born. It has alot of pronunciations. To me its Nil-o-sy, to others its Nilcoy, Nilocry. But generally when people cba typing an extra 3 letters they just you 'Nil'. That was first brought to my attention during the Planetside age... Where i was constantly referred to as Nil. Even when i explicitely told people to call me by my real name lol.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2008, 09:44:22 pm »

Nilocy? I pronounce it nil-oh-see.
I like it. It's unique, and seems like what could either be a real name or a made up word, but you can't tell. I like the mysteriousness.

And, yes, I like being complimented. That's why I'm in this thread.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2008, 09:46:56 pm »

Hmmm... Nothing can get in the way of a Penguin with Honor. I imagine a honorable guy in a suit. For some reason, that gives me images of James Bond.

My mind is now associating you with James Bond. Great.

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 12:31:53 am »

Duke... reminds me of some GI Joe stuff I was into a while ago...
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Vicomt

• Bay Watcher
  • Just call me Vic.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2008, 08:22:47 am »

Hmmm "Devath"... reminds me of the "Fravashi" for some reason, don't know why.

Anyway, Mine goes back a considerable amount of time, and has had variants floating around here and there.... I was absolutely engrossed in the book "Les Liasons Dangereuse" for a while, and as I was going through my naughty-goth period, I sort of took the main character's name "le Vicomt de Valmont". I dropped the Valmont off straight away, and stuck with Vicomt for a while. I've used variations on the "Vic" theme for a while (even though its no relation to my own name) like "Vicarrah" (which was my own corruption of the name, not some bloody starwars character name)

and yes... I did have a friend who called herself "Marquise" ;)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2008, 12:51:50 pm »

Anne Rice stuff like that scares me.  The most amazing part about that whole 'naughty-goth' stuff is how wide the fanbase is, including my highschool friends, my 40ish counter-culture barber, and my 70ish conservative grandmother.

Ah, Vicomt.  Until you explained it I didn't know it was french.  Even still, I can't help but pronounce it in American-phonetic.  vih cAHm'td.  Nowhere close I'm sure.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2008, 03:04:31 pm »

Aqizzar makes me think of some sort of a magician. More specifically, a magician from one of those old collectible cards you founded in xl-packages of Milky Way. :D
He had a green face. I'll spare you the other details.

Asheron is, indeed, blatantly ripped off from Asheron's Call. However, I had not a clue who Asheron actually was ( and still don't know to this date ) when I started using it, but just thought it sounded cool ( just like Nilocy, I started using it around my 12, playing runescape. The classic version, mind you. Not the new-age one. ) 

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2008, 07:12:22 pm »

Sorry, but I hate MMOs. Though the name sounds more like the title to a book.

Why my name? Because I don't always mean what I say within the context.

Fenrisulfr

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2008, 04:02:51 pm »

We all use idioms. Do we not?

The light in the room suddenly dims, and all eyes turn to the figure in the doorway. Striding inward, the strange visitor obstructs all light from the portal with his massive form.

My username isn't my true identity. When last I was here, I made the mistake of abandoning my preferred moniker, and it was taken.

Everyone can now plainly see the great furry form of a giant wolf, now fully in the room, sniffing warily about himself.

I'll have to speak to DreaDFanG about that. Anyway, I just thought I'd stop in and see how the ol' B12 crew was doing.

The wolf casts a few distainful glances around the room.

What's with all the foreigners, and is "Roll to Dodge" what passes for good roleplaying now?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2008, 04:06:36 pm »

Ha!  We knew you'd come back, we're in your blood now.
Shoes...

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2008, 04:12:14 pm »

Hrm, I seem to recall there being some hubbub about someone leaving the forums... But more than that, I do not know.

In any case, Cthulhu has an awesome name. But I really preferred Muffles.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2008, 04:14:26 pm »

Pah, bloody god-wolves don't know how to keep to their word...  "Really gonna go now", he said.  "Never coming back".  "Honestly".  "Even gonna delete my profile".

Good to have you again, mate.  Welcome home.

Fenrisulfr

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2008, 04:33:00 pm »

Pah, bloody god-wolves don't know how to keep to their word...  "Really gonna go now", he said.  "Never coming back".  "Honestly".  "Even gonna delete my profile".
Yes, yes... I know what I had said, but you have no idea how hard it is to leave these forums.
Good to have you again, mate.  Welcome home.
Thanks. It is indeed good to be home, even for a short while.

I trust that Armok has been keeping you suitably entertained in my absence. He is still with you... right? Right?!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2008, 05:02:03 pm »

Actually, we haven't seen Armok for months.  His last post was some time in August, but his profile says it had activity in late September.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2008, 05:55:39 pm »

Armok left when I first arrived..

On Kagus's name I give it a 8/10 I think Ive seen it somewhere before.. or maybe I just see it on this forum so often hehe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5