Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: On Holiday.  (Read 1432 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
On Holiday.
« on: October 05, 2008, 12:52:57 pm »

I've been burning my brain for a while on my new secret project, and I just can't wait any longer to do some writing.  As such, here is a spontaneous little idea that should let me work on something creative for a change, instead of just grunt work.

And now our feature presentation.

'"'

Bastards.  The lot of them.
  For far too many years have I been subjected to the idiocy of those moronic bureaucrats at Apehelmets.  I have had it to here with these delayed work orders and unfulfilled design considerations.  I just wanted another one on the other side of my bed, how difficult could that possibly be?

I've simply had enough.  I can't take it anymore.  Those damn peasants destroying my original Mebzuth to put in that repulsive floodgate for irrigating my rock garden was the final straw.

I've decided to take a holiday.

I intend to stay an indeterminate amount of time, and have packed accordingly.  I have taken my hunting regalia, some choice selections from my personal liquor cabinet and some cheese should I get peckish, my faithful hound Kol, and Udib, my butler.  My darling Tekkud shall be accompanying me on this outing.

This looks like a nice spot.

Since I will likely be staying the year, I have ordered Udib to make accommodations for me and my dearest.  I intend to spend a good deal of time outside on this trip, so they do not need to meet my usual standards.  Simple and modest shall do me just fine, I believe.  I have already laid out some early plans for the entrance, and shall work my way from there.

I don't understand why it's taking him so long...

I've decided to set up my training equipment so that I can exercise a bit while waiting for Udib.  It has been a long time since I was in the military, and I suspect that my muscles may have slackened somewhat over the years.  Completely unacceptable for a champion of my standing.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: On Holiday.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 11:04:59 pm »

Ooooo!

New thread by Kagus.

I bet a ruby studded -oaken couch- that someone the butler goes crazy.

Oops, I'll try to not bet in the future.

<Watches with interest>
Even the avatars expire eventually.

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 07:00:55 am »

This thread is Epicness in the making.

I can feel it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 08:59:09 am »

Don't get your hopes up, I haven't done any writing for a long time.  That, and this may not be the most interesting place for these guys...  Guess I'll just have to see if I can't make something up.

But the first year is always the dullest, so please don't expect too much of this thing.

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 10:08:52 am »

Oh come on, writing is just like riding a bike.   Once you start, you just have to careen down the hill out of control until you crash and burn in a giant collision, or just disappear.

Or was it once you learn, you always know how?  I always get the two mixed up.

Judging from the introduction, you'll do great ^___^

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 09:55:55 am »

I was looking at how my little abode's entrance was coming along, and I just didn't agree with it.  I ordered Udib to stop what he was doing immediately and begin digging into the mountain in a more Southerly direction, which I found to be much more pleasing.

Udib seemed slightly miffed about something.  I don't see what he's got to complain about, I'm the one who had to wait five hours while he dug before I could get a good enough look at how things were shaping up.  I honestly don't know how a dwarf could be so slow at digging.  It's preposterous.

I was wandering the countryside when Udib came and told me something important had happened.  I assumed it had something to do with the part which was missing from my exercise equipment, but when I asked him where he found it he looked slightly perplexed and then said it was roughly twenty meters into the mountain.  Wondering what on Ator's fine earth this twit was babbling about, I went and had a look.  There's simply no way a piece of my equipment managed to bury itself into the stone.

Ah.

I was mildly disappointed that the final piece was still missing, but this is good news all the same.  I've always wanted a room with a view like this.

The air just seems...  Fresher, somehow.