Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: HELLSCAPE  (Read 9293 times)

Morberis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HELLSCAPE
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2008, 04:54:43 am »

Does anyone have any really interesting world generation parameters they want to share?

If you guys want, I can make a world that's a total snowscape. With frozen oceans and everything.

Please do - hopefully with a rather long history, would it be possible to get small low/medium elevation islands (figuratively only) of heat powered by volcanic regions?

Do you also have any advice on making areas with plateaus regions filled with sharp narrow ravines?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 05:25:23 am by Morberis »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2008, 03:59:35 pm »

I'll work on generating something like that.

Also, about the plateaus and ravines, try setting the number of required high elevation squares as a large number, the required number of low elevation squares as a midsized number, and the number of mid-elevation squares as a very small number. Turn off erode extreme cliffs periodically, and set the variance in elevation in both the X and Y axis to 1600. That might work.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2008, 04:21:17 pm »

Hold on a second...

Have a world with temperatures just below boiling water. Just make it so that summers will have water boil, instead of dry up. Settle near an ocean.

Of course you would need to mod the critters to survive such temperatures, but what is cooler than having the oceans boil away every summer?!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2008, 04:56:53 pm »

What temperature does water boil at?

Also, I got a really cool region: The Angelic Gulfs, a freezing Arctic Ocean next to a Mirthful Glacier.

Here are the parameters and map:

Map:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parameters

The world is in the year 9999.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 05:17:02 pm by inaluct »

Sareth

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the lever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2008, 05:29:16 pm »

I'd like it if freezing worlds could have humans and elves.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2008, 05:42:01 pm »

I can try to generate one for you.

Also, DAMMIT. The Angelic Gulfs are too cold to support life. All of my dwarves froze to death almost instantly when I embarked.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2008, 06:20:23 pm »

Okay, here's one. It has large freezing areas, including arctic oceans, but it also has a wide variety of temperate-temperatured tropical places. It has elves, humans, and human forest retreats.

Or maybe all the forest retreats are human. ¯\(°_o)/¯

Anyway, here's the map:

Here are the parameters:

Also, I specifically generated this so areas could be freezing but not lethally cold.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 07:19:11 pm by inaluct »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2008, 02:56:20 pm »

Oh man, a mangrove swamp!! This world has everything, why aren't you guys talking about it?    □_□

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2008, 03:03:21 pm »

You guys like volcanoes, right?

PAY ATTENTION TO ME

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2008, 03:17:56 pm »

It's official. This world menaces with spikes of awesome. All craftscomputership is of the highest quality.

Really, the waters of suicide? How is that NOT awesome in any way?

StrayCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Living gateway for the demonic Laggabeast
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2008, 03:33:14 pm »

* StrayCat wonders why his very first thread has been threadjack'd by inaluct.

You do know you can make your own thread and post all your new and awesome and slaughterrific maps there, right? And yes, the computer naming a place "Waters of Suicide" is indeed an amazing coincidence. Why restrain yourself to my thread? Go out in that wide world that is the subforum of a subforum of Bay 12 Games Forum and in Dwarf discussion, make your own thread about custom awesome maps and whatnot :D
It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2008, 03:39:55 pm »

No. I'm practicing for when I hijack a plane. I figure I'll start with threads, then move on to forums, then open source software development projects, then cars, then recreational gliders, then small, privately owned planes, then a commercial airliner. I'm hoping to eventually hijack Air Force One.

Morberis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2008, 10:49:36 pm »

Wow sweet area, sorry I haven't replied earlier - Thanksgiving and all :P

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2008, 11:20:16 pm »

I was just messing around. Normally I don't hijack threads and start yelling about mangrove forests, but I was really bored.

Anyway, back to the hellscapes; looking back, I don't think the one I made was hellish enough, so I'm going to try again. I want to make it just barely survivable. Does anyone have suggestions?

Mraedis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2009, 11:57:26 am »

Bumpzor.

Hey Inaluct, my friend wonders whether you can reupload the site mentioned in post #6?  ;D (I'm sure there are other interested aswell)
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5