Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: World Seed/Locations Requests thread.  (Read 1719 times)

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
World Seed/Locations Requests thread.
« on: October 03, 2008, 01:14:43 pm »

Having trouble finding that one location you're just dieing to play on?  Ask here and if someone else finds it they can remember that Joe somebody who was looking for it on this thread and they can save and post it here if they're feeling considerate.

Heres what I'm looking for:
An evil land evil ocean biome mixture with a magma pool and a fish inhabitable river so I can have undead fire imps and fish at the same time.  Preferably with an aquifer for added difficulty and preferably at war with goblins, humans and elfs.   

Location size can't be greater than 6x6 and can't be smaller than 3x3

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
Re: World Seed/Locations Requests thread.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 02:49:39 pm »

I'm looking for an icy woodland, an ocean bay I can build my ice waterfall/light towers to the sides of, sand, some sort of magma large enough to not have to worry about depleting it by moving it around the map. HFS, cave, chasm, or pit optional.  And of course, it needs an actual dwarvern civ, because I do like to have immigrants. Size of the bay must be at least 2 wide, preferably 2 deep so I can build extended docks, bordered by land.

I really want to make those glacial towers, with seawater pouring over the sides, and lava lamps.  The last world I found that fulfilled the requirements had only elf access, so was no good. (skeletal tuna ate 5 of my embark members, and there were no replacements)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 05:00:55 pm »

I'd really like to find an area with trees, magma, spiders and some form of river or brook

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 06:04:53 pm »

use that on a medium map as the world seed I think it is? it'll generate a map that has an area with sand, a magma vent, HFS, underground river, a brook, flux and no aquifer. It's mostly mountain, but it's very flat mountain, with a fair bit of forest on the lower half of the map. Standard starting area size. 6X6 I think.

search for magma, flux, no aquifer I think it was, it should send you to an area in the NW of the worldmap. If it worked right it'll be a swamp, though every time I played it the only wildlife EVER was one single alligator. Great starting location for a newbie player, the only problem you have is the trees grow too thick and too fast for caravans to get to you without a road. Thick with obsidian too. I made a fort out of the stuff. Lots of sand, brook in one corner. Elves seem to love you if you start here - not a spring goes by when they don't bring at least one giant animal.

cecilkorik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 07:24:22 pm »

I know I've seen requests for a "2d-like" fortress, so I'll offer up my solution to this dilemma. It requires totally custom world gen params, so copy this stuff into the end of your init\world_gen.txt

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Some of the params can be safely tweaked, but you'll have to experiment with that yourself if you want.

The actual area itself:

It fits an underground river, circular chasm, and lava pipe (in the right order, if I recall correctly!) in a 2x7 area, with two squares of sparse trees + white sand + chalk + marble on the left.

You can extend up/down or to the left if you want more trees/sedimentary/flux, or you can extend waaaay to the right to include HFS if you really must have it. There is no outside river, sadly, but the sand terminates in a nice multi-z-level cliff face into the mountain which is kinda cool.

The only downside is that it's not entirely 2D... finding the river requires digging up through the rock a bit. Still, it's pretty true to the spirit of 2D, I think.

If anyone enjoys this map let me know!

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 07:28:18 pm »

I'm looking for an area that have goblins at WAR (instead of being red ---- ), bonus points for elves also being WAR.
Magma is overrated.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 08:17:44 pm »

Isn't the gray circle the HFS and the blue L the pit?

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 08:20:59 pm »

Nope. and its a British pound symbol,not a L.

That'd be even better if you made it a 2*11. Which is only 22 tiles, compared to, say, 25 tiles for a 5*5.
Hmm, that really is an awesome location.
Magma is overrated.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 12:03:45 am »

I'm looking for an area that have goblins at WAR (instead of being red ---- ), bonus points for elves also being WAR.

Got it, and I get bonus points too.

40d

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 05:29:26 am »

Got it, and I get bonus points too.

40d

You, sir, get 42 Internets! (and i found a 4*4 location with sand, flux, magma and... carp!)
Magma is overrated.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 05:56:59 pm »

Finding it impossible to generate a world for my current interests:

No dwarf civilizations left in the world
A soil layer
Trees
River or Brook
Some sort of stone
If it's possible to keep the goblins alive then that would be good to but isn't a nessecity

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 02:05:17 am »

I have another request:  Location that can't get immigrants.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 09:14:16 am »

I have another request:  Location that can't get immigrants.

What, too good for elaborate immigration offices?

By that I mean killing them?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

DemonOfWrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 04:11:12 am »

I figured reviving this slightly old thread is better than starting another one on the same subject.

I've been looking for a site with the following (6x6 area): evil biome with a river (with carp or some other type of fish in it, I keep getting empty rivers), magma pipe, flux and no aquifer. I'd prefer (but not really nessecary) skeletal creatures (not zombies, they aren't a threat) and a sedimentary layer but those are not essential, and bonus points for sand and goblins at war (unlikely, but I can hope).

Much appreciation to anyone who can find a site like this, I've searched at least 40 worlds with no luck.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 12:24:58 pm »

Haven't gotten a world with nice waterfalls in a while.  I'd like to see a map where rivers join either before or after a waterfall, with relatively flat plateaus and plains below, and maybe a couple hoodoos for me to make watchtowers or crypts out of (little spires of rock separated from the rest of the plateau.)  I like to have either trees or magma, but that's my only other concern.

Maybe I should just turn off erosion and kick out a large world or two to search for this?
Pages: [1] 2