Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 3x3 Embark UPDATE! (now with towercaps)  (Read 4990 times)

Andrej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3x3 start locations UPDATE! (new maps)
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2008, 12:11:08 pm »

Well, if you find a map that has the above + towercaps (and maybe a few more civs) I would be interrested as well

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3x3 Embark UPDATE! (now with towercaps)
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2008, 12:13:39 am »

Thus ends a damn long week. I've lost too much this week. But hell, I found a decent dwarf fortress location, and that makes me happy.

Hopefully this makes you chaps happy too (in the non-stimulative sense).

Well, for those of you who wanted tower caps - they are here. For those who wanted sedimentary layers - they are not here. If anyone has any specific request for a map with set resources I may look into it. As for worlds with WAR tags and all that other jazz - no. I am not spooling through world history a thousand times over. Just no.

Enjoy.
Intel i7 980X 6-Cores @ 3.8GHz
6GB DDR3 8-8-8-24 @ 2000MHz
Radeon 5970 - Stock Clocks

caranha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2008, 04:28:48 am »

This is a great thread :-D

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2008, 07:49:25 am »

Thus ends a damn long week. I've lost too much this week. But hell, I found a decent dwarf fortress location, and that makes me happy.

Hopefully this makes you chaps happy too (in the non-stimulative sense).

Well, for those of you who wanted tower caps - they are here. For those who wanted sedimentary layers - they are not here. If anyone has any specific request for a map with set resources I may look into it. As for worlds with WAR tags and all that other jazz - no. I am not spooling through world history a thousand times over. Just no.

Enjoy.

War is easy enough to check.  Go to start game, dwarf fortress, and then hit tab till you get a list of enemy civs.   No war?  hit tab till you get a list of dwarven civs, and change to another one.  Repeat till you find a war, or run out of dwarven civs.

Now.... FINDING a place where something is at war with you (other than like, say, goblins)  is...  difficult.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2008, 06:41:15 pm »

In response to kurisukun - When I said spooling through world history, I meant say, genning a world and letting it run for a few years and then finding out if in any of those years, wars were started, and then re-genning the world to end in that year.

You'll notice that all these maps end in year 2. I wanted to maximize efficiency when genning and 'f'inding. Even on a quad 3.2GHz (Not that Dwarf Fortress utilizes multi-core systems, but having a dedicated thread helps) it takes a metric ass-tonne of time to gen and 'f'ind. Maybe not so much for a couple of worlds, but for the several hundred I went through to get these (thats right, I sat there genning and 'f'inding several hundred times over). You'll even note that the last couple of worlds were generated without caves to speed up world gen.

For those of you interested (and those of you still paying attention to this thread), using the world gen parameters from "The Everseeing Land" and setting the end year to 4 will eliminate the human civ, but set the goblins to WAR.

As for the other maps, well, with all that savagery and terrifying/haunted biomes running around, running the gen for any more years just tends to have all the civs die off.
Intel i7 980X 6-Cores @ 3.8GHz
6GB DDR3 8-8-8-24 @ 2000MHz
Radeon 5970 - Stock Clocks
Pages: 1 2 [3]