Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 3x3 Embark UPDATE! (now with towercaps)  (Read 4993 times)

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3x3 start locations UPDATE! (new maps)
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 12:54:10 pm »

Haven't quite found that perfect location as of yet, but this update should keep some people happy.
At least, I hope anyway, they took a good load of world genning and I'm still not satisfied  >:(
Intel i7 980X 6-Cores @ 3.8GHz
6GB DDR3 8-8-8-24 @ 2000MHz
Radeon 5970 - Stock Clocks

Magua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 01:21:45 pm »

I had been going for something similar, but it's more for megaconstruction than for fighting, so the lack of terrifying creatures doesn't bother me.  Do you mind if I export the world gen data and add these to the wiki?
Also, you can manufacture vomit at a smelter.  Subsequently removing the smelter spews vomit over a surprising area.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 04:32:29 pm »

I've got a location with a brook, sand*, a magma pipe and bucket loads of iron (and a fair bit of gold and tetrahedrite.) Its on a plain though, so no HFS, chasm or cave river. 2*3 is the smallest size that you can get the brook and pipe with (no sand then though). Anyone interested?

*there's actually no sand tiles in the region map, but the tiles just outside the area are, so on the local map, there's a small patch of sand in one of the corners. Not very useful, i know :(
Magma is overrated.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 04:48:19 pm »

Iron can be found in all igneous extrusive layers (obsidian, felsite, Basalt, andesite and rhyolite) as hematite but is quite difficult to find as it comes in veins of hematite. All of these awesome starting locations contain an igneous extrusive layer so there should be some iron present, you will just have to search around for it.

However for my perfect starting location it would have to contain some sort of sedimentary layer.  That way iron is a lot more plentiful and you can also find coal for making steel. The problem with a sedimentary layer though is that they often don't appear next to magma pipes.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 04:52:36 pm by A_Fey_Dwarf »

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 06:17:06 pm »

I've got a location with a brook, sand*, a magma pipe and bucket loads of iron (and a fair bit of gold and tetrahedrite.) Its on a plain though, so no HFS, chasm or cave river. 2*3 is the smallest size that you can get the brook and pipe with (no sand then though). Anyone interested?

*there's actually no sand tiles in the region map, but the tiles just outside the area are, so on the local map, there's a small patch of sand in one of the corners. Not very useful, i know :(

Sand tiles do not become degraded over time. They are permanent short of water + magma. You really only need one sand tile.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 07:25:35 pm »

Sand tiles do not become degraded over time. They are permanent short of water + magma. You really only need one sand tile.

Yes, but its on the far corner of the map. Not very efficient to haul sand all the way from there.
Magma is overrated.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 07:37:50 pm »

Yes, but its on the far corner of the map. Not very efficient to haul sand all the way from there.

Why not smith some buckets and haul the lava to the sand?

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 09:23:13 pm »

As per magua's request, do as you will with the world gen data, the more that people can get out of this, the better  :)

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 10:12:21 pm »

Why not smith some buckets and haul the lava to the sand?

Because the rest of my fort is in the middle of the map, which means i'd have to haul all the glass blocks all the way back. And everyone would make lots of trips (and stop halfway for a drink, of course) just to go fill up sand then dump it where they are. Doesn't work to good in the end, no matter what way you do it (well, apart from locating your fort in the corner of the map, or making the map a 5*5, both of which i don't want to do)

But i'll live. Just without a lot of green glass blocks...

Oh, i forgot to mention: i get attacked by parties of 16+ elves, or multiple goblin ambushes nearly without fail every month, and have been for the last 3 years. Truly this is a good spot.
Magma is overrated.

Magua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 11:08:51 pm »

Then share the world gen params already!
Also, you can manufacture vomit at a smelter.  Subsequently removing the smelter spews vomit over a surprising area.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2008, 01:22:39 am »

I'll get back with the world gen params soon. Got a really damn busy schedual today and I just don't have the time right now. I'll get back in a couple of hours. (Hopefully)

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2008, 06:28:36 am »

None of the dffd links are working for me.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2008, 12:39:31 pm »

Having tried all the dffd links I can vouch for the fact that they do all work. Also, world gen parameters have been added to the list for those interested  :)

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2008, 03:46:45 am »

Everything is working now exept for the embark location for the last one. Do you also have maps with a cave river/pool so we can grow tower caps?
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2008, 04:14:37 am »

Not as of yet, but as per your request, I'll keep my eyes peeled and will pm you if I have any luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3