Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Self Quest #2  (Read 3108 times)

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode Self Quest #2
« on: October 03, 2008, 01:12:12 am »

Quest to travel to every ^ symbol on a large sized map.
Mountain peaks increased to 200, volcanoes increased to 40.  240 locations to reach.
Can't be elf, only allowed 1 shield at a time, only allowed 1 recruit at a time, (except for the evil biome mountain which I plan to tackle last for the finale at which point I'll have 12 followers.)

Hiner Sestalapip
Human Male
Proficient Swordsman
Skilled Shield User
Armor User
Novice Ambusher
Competent Swimmer

26th of Granite 202.
Yup, this heres my town.  "Incheddevine."  I'll be moving more than an inch thats for sure, damn town doesn't even have a road to the rest of the kingdom.  Lame town.  In fact I hate this town so much I to threw dirt at the local pub until I was a legendary tosser sort of fellow.  Why do I hate this town?  The food sucks.  It sucks so much I tried eating other things to satisfy my pallet.

The owner of the weaponstore must of agreed with me as he payed alot of gold for the delicious sandy loam which I used to buy a high quality iron long sword.  I then pawned off more dirt and my old scimitar for 6 waterskins.  Finishing off my trading day I traded all my dirt for some inferior meats from the meats store.  The guy at the armor store had a real thing for dirt though, he demanded I bring in 50 loads of the stuff before he would part with his iron greaves, helm, shield and chain mail.  Later that evening I met a crossbowman named Doto.  He aggreed to acompany me on my quest!

3rd of Slate 202.
As we traveled we discussed many things, but one topic always came up between myself and Doto: What to eat.  These travel rations we brought along were bland and discusting, so we ate and drank different things along the way.  Tree bark, grass, slugs.  You name it.  It tasted alot like the food from back home still so we decided to explore some more remote places to eat, and so today we've reached the base of a mountain "The Horns of Taxing".  Surely at these mountain peeks there must be something good to eat!  I begin with 21 water and 50 pieces of meat.  More than enough if things look bleak!  As we ascended we heard a caffufle about, a group of ratmen and antmen seemed to be battling a giant eagle.  We estimated atleast 5 vs 1.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
With the Giant Eagle passed out the antman makes his move.
Unfortunately for the antman. . .

At the end of it all 5 creatures lay dead around the giant eagle.  We however didn't see any of it, I wonder if dead antmen taste good?

4th of Slate 202.
I've stopped sneaking as it was taking too much time and mental effort.  Let the hoards come, I'll pull a giant eagle on them if you know what I mean.

Thanfully we only met the edge of it, easily skirted.

Holy shit, water!  Then later on I dragged my huffing ass up a steep mother of a hill, at the top was an 18 z level high waterfall.  Following the brook south, Doto spotted another chasm.  I asked Doto if he had any family.
"Yeah I got an older brother.  Years ago he slayed a cyclopse!"
"Have YOU ever slayed a cyclopse?"
". . . no" he said in a sad voice.

5th of Slate 202.
It was early morning, the sun hadn't even shown its face yet.  I wake up from a relaxing night of sleep a little thirsty but completely refreshed, I look over and HOLY FUCK WHAT HAPPENED?!

I do the only moral thing possible, I guess he finally managed to kill his "cyclopse" in a manner of speaking.

It's too cold to drink my frozen water, I'll need to wait for the sun to rise.  Arg, getting dehydrated.  This isn't healthy!

You think this is funny?!

Melt you son of a bitch. . . ah good the brook has dethawed with the dawn.  Im taking a big drink and going to bed again.

I've woken up in the afternoon.  I've stopped sneaking again as I need to make good time.

6th of Slate 202.

Thats right!  But nothing good to eat. . .  oh well, theres 10 other peaks to check for delicious food on this mountain.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 06:50:21 pm by Qloos »

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Self Quest #2
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 11:41:13 am »

Just think, that was only the Trifling Summit. The worst is yet to come, by far.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 01:18:33 pm »

Can you post the map occasionally, with your progress marked on it?

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 01:21:46 pm »

I'm keeping it up to date as we speak.  Just didn't want to upload it every single post as it takes a little while to upload.

Edit:  There's now a faint purple line on the left side of the map for you all.

6th of Slate 202. (continued)

The hell is a Marmot doing on the freezing summit of a god damn mountain?

Doesn't sound very appetizing.

7th of Slate 202.

Wait, what?  Whatver.

You have reached the summit of The Fancy Blades

18/21 water, 35/40 food remains.  But I'm dehydrated as my water is still frozen.  As my thirst continues I make an incredible discovery.  The blood splatterns on my armor don't freeze!  I take a sip and my thirst is immediately quenched.  From dehydrated to refreshed and ready for action in an instant!  I'll need to kill more wild animals in the future!

You have reached the summit of The Stone of Dredging

Some mastermind must of hidden his tasty food larder at the top of a mountain, thats where I'd hide it!  Late in the afternoon I spotted another marmot, I gave chase and caught it with my sword propelling it off the side of a cliff.  The force of the impact made the meat tender but I couldn't find the tasty remains.  As night fell and the air got cold I found myself hungry, so I tried to eat. . .

Mo tong is-s stock! to du iwron!

8th of Slate 202.
It's early morning and things suck.

Really god damn hard finding a mountain peak on a moonless night.

Oh there it is.  On to the next peak. . .

You drink the human blood

Doesn't taste that bad, sort of tastes like these dull orange coins.

9th of Slate 202.
I've found 2 chasms that have impeded my progress, I'm following one south near the next peak.  To my surprise I've found a natural land bridge over it and pass looking for the summit.

You have reached the summit of the Queen of Fells
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 01:24:24 am by Qloos »

Sparksol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 11:02:47 pm »

Most impressive.  :)
Religion, over time, tends to diverge. Science tends to converge.
Funny thing about magic, it doesn't consistently go either way.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 11:12:25 pm »

Most awesome.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 11:42:20 pm »

Most Thirsty.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 01:18:30 am »

9th of Slate 202 (continued)

God dammit, it's late afternoon and a chasm is blocking my path east to the next summit.  I start trudgin' north. . . oh nevermind diary, another convienyent land bridge.  I walk on east.

You have reached the summit of The Disemboweled Talon

I scurry about the wide summit looking for food, I knaw on a boulder I sample the soil, but it's all bland and distasteful.  Noting the suns low position, I take a drink of water before it freezes.  15/21 water remains 30/40 food.

10th of Slate 202
You have reached the summit of The Least Helms

K. . . next peak.  Wait a minute!

You have reached the summit of The Symmetric Axe

I'd like to axe this mountain a question, wheres the food? Jerk face!

Holy shit, mass suicide!

It's about noon, a relaxi- wait a minute.  Is that a gremlin?  Oh shit it's chasing me!

Phew, ok that must be the end of- no wait.  Is that an antman?  Oh shit it's chasing me!

Ew, taste foul.  Carrying on- wait a minute.  That a large looking rat. . .  Oh shit it's chasing me!

O-K I've gotten away from the chas- wait a minute.  Is that a mountain goat?  Oh shit, I gotta chase it!

11th of Slate 202.
You have reached the summit of The Horn of Trapping
You drink the gremlin blood
You have reached the summit of the Uncommon Stones

Only 1 summit left, I doubt I'll find food.  But I better check, hey what's that over there?

WHAT?!?!?  DELICIOUS!! 
I Knew there was food on this mountain!

Damn straight!

Swiftfreddy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 10:27:45 am »

PuddingStone xD
Great story By the way  :D

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 11:12:44 am »

Here is a little discovery of mine that can greatly aid any prospective mountaineer:

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=22811.0

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 11:52:08 am »

You're awesome.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 06:04:32 pm »

12th of Slate 202.
You have reached the summit of The Mountain of Ooze
oozing with delicious.  But this mountain has no more treats and I must restock for the next mountain.  But first I need to get down. . .

Okay, I'm down but another chasm is blocking me.  Time to move. . . er west!  After an hour or two I got around it and met another chasm.  Er, I'll go. . West!  Ok I'm around that one. . . moving on.

13th of Slate 202.
HA! I'm off the mountain.

15th of Slate 202.

19th of Slate 202.
Uhoh Ambush!  I've reached the tundra!  Damn it's foggy.

20th of Slate 202.

I ran.  I ran until I reached a depression in the ground then I hid, and then I ran again.  I tried to leave the area.  But I was ambushed by ANOTHER SASQUATCH!  Probably the same one.  This time I break it's leg before I run for the hills.  However my flight for freedom doesn't last long as I'm then ambushed by another pack of wolfs!  Killing them all without injury I move on. . .

21st of Slate 202.
Another Sasquatch. . . this one two good legs so it isn't the same one.  I kill this one and throw the rest of my money at it.

22nd of Slate 202.
I've reached the ocean.  I must swim these freezing waters to reach a volcano island to see if anything tastes good on it.  Then again the ocean might be frozen as well.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 06:30:18 pm »

I... I was thinking you were going to skip the island mountain.

That is madness! Although I think saltwater doesn't freeze.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 06:36:37 pm »

MADNESS?  No, this is BIKINI BOTTOM!

Though the skeletal anchovies populating the haunted oceans might get ya.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 06:39:25 pm »

I... I was thinking you were going to skip the island mountain.

That is madness! Although I think saltwater doesn't freeze.

I've delayed doing the volcanic island, first I need to train my swimming so I don't freeze to death before I get there. . . then if training my swimming takes too long I'll need to wait until summer again.  Blah blah blah planning.

22nd of Slate 202.  (continued)
You have discovered a magma pipe
Hmm. . . too hot or too cold, how do I like it?  Near late evening I reach the ocean.  The deathy temperature needs to be taken into account.  I watch the ocean for the night to see if it freezes.  If it does I'll rush onto it immediately making a straight bee line for the volcanic island.

Oh god I'm blind!  Screw this I'm not in shape enough to tackle that volcanic island yet.  I'm running north.

23rd of Slate 202.
I killed a bear today.  I feel good about myself.

26th of Slate 202.
Oh shit.  Zombie Grizzly bear.  I'm outa here.

27th of Slate 202.
OH GOD ZOMBIE WOLF PACK!  RU- no wait, screw that CHARGE!

3rd of Felsite 202.
Traveling over some low hills to get to the other side.

12th of Felsite 202.
I've reached my kingdom again.  They will be upset I didn't return with my companion.  I better be sneaky about getting my supplies.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 06:41:37 pm by Qloos »
Pages: [1] 2