Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Most horrifying injury?  (Read 14314 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: Most horrifying injury?
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2009, 02:49:10 pm »

I once had a dwarf with the lower half of his body ripped off. Strange enough he survived for 3 years before he went berserk and tried to kill my adamantine spear wielding sheriff. Old leggy had his head impaled within 3 seconds of attacking.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2009, 10:32:21 pm »

Yeah, I've noticed that red lungs don't ever heal, and the dwarves just seem to shrug and go 'eh, I've got another'.

That's the Dwarfly way!
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Lalandrathon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2009, 05:41:51 pm »

as their bases touch... i click forwards a few rounds.. and theres just a mass of limbs EVERYWHERE.. the archers pepper the leader full of arrows, but by now the captain is on the ground.. both legs off at the hip, left arm off at the shoulder, right arm off at the elbow, and both eyes torn out.

You haven't an arm, you haven't a leg, Ha-roo, Ha-roo,
You haven't an arm and you haven't a leg,
You're an eyeless, boneless, chickenless egg,
You'll have to be put with a bowl to beg.
Urist, I hardly knew ya.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
    • http://katewissen.blogspot.com/
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2009, 06:49:38 pm »

Just over a year ago I had the pleasure of finding a new use for rhesus macaques. You see I had a sealed fortress in which I ignored all caravans, ambushes and migrants. That did not stop them from coming. A horse on the outside of the fortress killed two of the dwarves and severely injured a third. All the other dwarves were crushed mysteriously by a drawbridge... All except for a child.

I left the injured and child to die eventually of whatever, and sure enough the child died, but the injured dwarf was still around. I decided to check on her.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-931-monkeyman

She had lost her throat, but was not bleeding to death. Rather just getting constantly beaten by monkeys. One year later, she was still alive. But there was much less of her. All that was left on her body was half of her right arm, and her head, everything else was torn off.

When the monkeys were scared away by goblins or dwarves she died. I couldnt save her or help her in any way that would allow her to continue living without her monkey life support.

The original post:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=27060.0
Check out my current Community Fortress LostPages.

One day I hope to create the Monkey Torture Chamber of Doom!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2009, 08:51:35 pm »

I'm a new player, so this may not be so horrifying to veterans.

I'm in my first year, and the dwarven caravan arrives without much trouble. We trade, they depart, I have cheese, dwarves rejoice. However, I have played a few previous fortresses, so I was wondering where my outpost liaison went.  I zoom to where she is, and see a wolf corpse nearby. It seems that the wolf must have attacked her, and the caravan guard quickly dispatched it. Not before, of course, ripping off the liaisons entire left arm, including the shoulder. Now, she slowly plods towards my fortress, falling unconscious every time she takes a step. I look forward to doing business with the Mountainhome.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Radivnal

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't make me fall on you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2009, 09:22:03 pm »

as their bases touch... i click forwards a few rounds.. and theres just a mass of limbs EVERYWHERE.. the archers pepper the leader full of arrows, but by now the captain is on the ground.. both legs off at the hip, left arm off at the shoulder, right arm off at the elbow, and both eyes torn out.

Urist, I hardly knew ya.

This had me laughing -way- more than it should have...

Well played, sir. Well played.
Speaking of which, how is fire in the new version?
out of personal experience, where a dwarf was set alight by a magmaman, ran up 150 flights of stairs, and divebombed into the booze stockpile, I'd have to say fire is the same as always.

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2010, 06:49:44 pm »

This thread reminds me of Johnny Got His Gun.
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

Clumsy Robot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2010, 08:49:15 pm »

Long story short, the Skeletal Giant Eagle had its way with the Hunter.

I've been finding this thread sexy since page two.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2010, 09:37:47 pm »

Urist, I hardly knew ya.

Hahahaha, i'm so glad i know the song you re-uristed
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2010, 02:27:56 am »

I had just started a fortress, and one of my workers was bedridden from some injury.  I don't remember the details, but I know the Upper Spine was in pretty bad shape.  Anyway, she wasn't too unhappy yet, although there was no chance anyone was ever going to find a way to bring her water.  I figured I'd just let her starve/dehydrate quietly.  A troglodyte who snuck in disagreed.

The troglodyte started attacking her in bed, and when I looked at her wounds, there was a lot of damage.  The thing that really caught my attention, though, was the fact that pretty much everything on her left side (where the attacker was standing) was mangled or broken, while the other side was lightly or moderately wounded.  It's like he just mauled half of her, and ignored the other half.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

XmasApe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2010, 10:32:25 am »

While the individual injuries were (relatively) minor, I had the most horrifying embark ever.

Wagon embarked right next to a band of rhesus monkeys - about a dozen, probably, I didn't count, just drafted my dwarfs and sent them into the fray to mess up the little thieves before they got away with anything.

These monkeys, though.....man, these monkeys were full of the Spirit of Armok that day. By the time it was over two of my dwarfs were dead, two had one eye each, and two more were completely blinded. Only a single dwarf escaped the skirmish unscathed, and the eye damage was the ONLY harm inflicted on my dwarfs.

By the time I'd played the fortress for five minutes I'd lost two dwarfs and six eyes. The omens were not good.

Kittah_Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2010, 01:03:41 pm »

In case people wonder about the lyrics.
Dropkick Murphys rendition : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKIocZ3WbgE

Danjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2010, 09:35:14 pm »

It didn't happen to a dorf, but I had a wandering dog of mine bump into a goblin thief. "Oh good, that'll take care of him" I remember thinking at the time. No. No no no.

I see gibs appear, and check what it was: It was the dog's god damn head, 4 (literally) bloody squares away from the body. Wow.
Quote from: mrbobbyg
Hey, I'm cool with you tying a dog up and shooting it with a ballista if you're short on elves, but there's not need to lie about it to us.

Maltay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2010, 12:26:41 am »

I was reading through my Legends today on a newly generated world and found an amazing champion.  First, let me establish that all mega beasts were modified to be size 100 instead of size 20.

This champion spent her entire adult career hunting mega and semi mega beasts.  Before dying of old age in the town of her birth, she managed to kill 4 Cyclops, 2 Minotaurs, 1 Hydra, 1 Skeletal Dragon, and 2 Titans.  The amazing part is that she started her career by losing her left eye to the Hydra.  She lost her right eye to the same Hydra 10 years later, and lost her left arm from the shoulder down to the Skeletal Dragon about 100 years later.

The crowning achievement of her career, after pursuing half the mega and semi mega beasts on her list with one arm and totally blind, was finally taking down the Hydra on their third encounter.  She apparently lost both legs in this final ordeal, at long last ending her string of escapades, but for the record, she still managed to kill the Hydra and survive.

Strangely, her younger brother also lost his left eye to the same Hydra on that first encounter when he was a guard.  However, instead of seeking revenge and hunting mega and semi mega beasts, he immediately quit the guard, joined the priesthood, and started worshiping the Hydra.  Funny that...
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2010, 12:42:32 am »

Ah, sibling rivalry at its dwarfiest.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8