Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Click the option you feel would best describe your beliefs.

Anti-Theist
- 1 (1.2%)
Atheist
- 30 (35.3%)
Agnostic
- 15 (17.6%)
Unsure
- 3 (3.5%)
Heretic
- 7 (8.2%)
Blasphemer
- 2 (2.4%)
Pastafarian
- 3 (3.5%)
IPU Follower
- 0 (0%)
Frisbeetarian
- 3 (3.5%)
Teapot Watcher
- 7 (8.2%)
Other
- 14 (16.5%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Disbelief by the Numbers  (Read 13820 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Disbelief by the Numbers
« on: September 30, 2008, 12:41:19 pm »

What with the disturbing amount of atheist talk in the Muslim thread, I decided to make a thread for the slightly less religiously devoted.

If you feel the list of options is missing something (or that is has a few too many...), please say so.  If you pick "Other", please give a short description of your particular denomination.

Please keep any and all discussion as civil as possible.  We're all humans, regardless of how many appendages we place on the unknown.

Cheers.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Disbelief by the Numbers
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 12:50:06 pm »

I guess what describes my believes mostly would be pantheism
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 12:53:28 pm »

Unificationist.

I would explain it, but I would do a por job. I would refer to Google, but it would do a poor job.

Hmmm...
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 01:12:22 pm »

I firmly believe myself to be an aneopaganistic ellipsis!

Now all i need to do is figure out what an aneopaganistic ellipsis is. I imagine it revolves around the concept of being against multiple new groupings of dots...

EEK! An ellipsis! Kill it quick!
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 02:09:27 pm »

Where's the flying noodle monster church?

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 02:12:18 pm »

Yeah, Buddhist - pureland isn't a religion, it's a a philosophy :D

Atheist religiously.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 02:16:59 pm »

I deny the existence of "gods", but I am sure of the existence of some very powerful beings that are either watching, or guiding us, or just exist and don't really care. What would that make me?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 02:19:37 pm »

That depends on what those very powerful beings are ( as in, aliens or 4th dimension creatures ). Or Chuck Norris.

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 02:22:46 pm »

Spiritual Satanist, pure and proud.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 02:35:20 pm »

Not fourth. According to the structure of the Multiworlds, at least 7th. I'm not exactly sure what they are, but quite possibly at some point they were "mere mortals" themselves. Theories vary on that.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 02:36:57 pm »

I deny the existence of "gods", but I am sure of the existence of some very powerful beings that are either watching, or guiding us, or just exist and don't really care. What would that make me?

I suppose that might fall under agnosticism, but I'm not sure.  If agnosticism doesn't cover it, I'll have to add another option on the list.  A lot of people fall under that category. 

If agnosticism doesn't seem right to you, just pick "unsure".

And Asheron, Pastafarianism is belief in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.  It's on the list.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 02:51:40 pm »

I put Anti-Theist because it sounds so cool. It sounds like a super villain name.

HA HA, SPIDER MAN

YOU'LL NEVER STOP ME, THE ANTI-THEIST, FROM DESTROYING THE MOSQUE OF DJENNE, EVEN WITH YOUR SPIDER POWERS

HA HA

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 02:53:31 pm »

I did pick unsure, because largely agnosticism doesn't fit, at least according to wikipedia. Well, it does, sorta. Agnosticism implies "whether or not God exists cannot be known", and there are various variations thereof. I don't say it cannot be known. It can be known, but first it must be understood what the God is, and I myself believe that there is no God in the traditional sense, but there are higher beings capable of doing things befitting a "god". It's kinda like a combo of ignosticism/agnostic theism. :P

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 03:15:04 pm »

And Asheron, Pastafarianism is belief in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.  It's on the list.
Heretical fool! I was talking about the flying noodle monster! Him!
*looks in his soup bowl*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 03:17:42 pm »

I put Anti-Theist because it sounds so cool. It sounds like a super villain name.

HA HA, SPIDER MAN

YOU'LL NEVER STOP ME, THE ANTI-THEIST, FROM DESTROYING THE MOSQUE OF DJENNE, EVEN WITH YOUR SPIDER POWERS

HA HA

ANTI-THEIST! YOUR TIME IS UP, FOR I AM JESUS MAN!

The power of me COMPELS you!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6