Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Dwarf Manager (Dwarf Foreman Reloaded) Updated 2009-04-02  (Read 65568 times)

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Manager (Dwarf Foreman Reloaded) Updated 2009-01-23
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2009, 10:38:26 am »

Just wanted to part the sea of bug reports to say that I use .40d on XP and DM is AMAZING. I like to set up my dwarfs with job sets (like Mason/Architect/Mechanic for my "build everything" dwarfs), and this makes assigning migrants to the classes I want a cakewalk (rather than sifting through the (U)nits screen or digging through my meeting area, I can't decide which is worse).

On the topic of skill levels, perhaps Legendaries could be marked with a red X over the grey skill box to differentiate them from High Masters.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

nataq

• Bay Watcher
  • Atheist
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2009, 06:52:25 am »

found out whats the source of my error, array that is used to load dorfs into a dorf manager is too small for whatever is being put in in ( in this case its dorfs ), i have too many dorfs, its not possible to import them all and the progrm crashes, i tested it with smaller fortress with less dorfs, works just fine, but when i reroll to bigger fortress with big amount of dorfs and other creatures, it instantly crashes after i click "load from DF".
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people."

Redd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2009, 08:14:29 pm »

I just started playing 2cat again after a few months break, found this little beauty and wanted to say thanks.  So, thanks!

I was too lazy to do the custom professions before, even with Foreman, but now there's no excuse... in fact I'm going to raise my pop cap for the first time since god knows when.

codewright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2009, 08:50:10 am »

I have latest Dorf Fortress, and Dwarf Manager 0.6
im using windows xp sp3, 32bit version and i have .net 3.5 installed.

to the time DM worked fine, but today i get strange error when i try to click "Load from DF"
According to the error message, one of your dwarfs has no valid last name or at least DM is unable to build a name with at least one char. I'll fix it so that it doesn't crash, but there may be another problem with the lastname interpretation. Actually, we are talking about the translated last name (dwarfish) instead of the english one. So that may play a role as well. Do you have such a dwarf or can you send me your savegame so I can check it out? Do you use any mods? It should work with any kinds of mods, but who knows exactly.

@Zaranthan, Redd
Thanks for the kind words. Custom professions always seemed useful to me, but it was just too annoying to actuall set them. So that was one major reason I made this tool :)

nataq

• Bay Watcher
  • Atheist
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2009, 06:52:48 am »

im using

Civilization Forge Mod - http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Mods#Civilization_Forge_Mod

and

The Mike Mayday graphics edition - http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.htm

i played a bit with init.txt file and it broke fonts in dwarf fortress, some dorfs have graphic icon for the leavers or stairs in their names, maybe thats the reason, here is my init.txt

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

save file http://www.MegaShare.com/592125
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 07:13:35 am by nataq »
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people."

temp321

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2009, 04:13:52 pm »

I can't get it to work. I am using Vista, with Dwarf Fortress 40d. DM is version 0.6. I have the latest windows updates and .Net 3.5.

Wen I run it, it just exits. However, Dwarf Foreman works perfectly for me. Any suggestions?

nataq

• Bay Watcher
  • Atheist
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2009, 08:26:31 am »

And i have sugeston, in my opinion it would be great to create more filters or to create posibility to create filters for the user, custom profession isint much, i would like to create multiple folders that share dwarf ( i would simply like to put dwarves manualy into that folder ), filters that hide/show dwarfs on the list based on their name/skill/skill level/labor, and others like that, as much as helpfull this program is, its still hard to find certain dwarf when you have fortress with 200+ dwarfs.

good thing to add is too "dwarf search" based on clicking letters on keyboard, for example you press "a" and it targets you first dwarf with name that starts with a, you press "ad" it targets you first dwarf that name starts with ad, like in windows file search.

and some kind of "selected dwarf highlighting" would be good, for example when i have much dwarvs and i must scroll to the right to change some labors and i dont want to lose track of which dwarf i wanted to change.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 05:44:20 pm by nataq »

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2009, 10:57:35 pm »

Has anyone had any luck using DF Manager to give labors to children? I've heard of people doing it, but have had no luck with it.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2009, 08:58:18 pm »

I downloaded that.  I told it to download the Microsoft .net thing also.  I put the file into my Dwarf fortress folder and open the dwarfmanager.  It loads but there are no dwarfs.  Could someone please tell me why?  If it matters any, when I tried to "load from DF" I got an error screen...

FoboslC

« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2009, 04:18:11 am »

Hvae you installed .NET?
Have You launched DF?
Have you launched manager PROPERLY?

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2009, 03:47:06 pm »

Has anyone had any luck using DF Manager to give labors to children? I've heard of people doing it, but have had no luck with it.

I set them to Pump Operators just fine, and when they grow up they have super legendary stats so they make great military dwarves.

(I also set them to grow up in one year but that's neither here nor there)
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2009, 03:56:55 pm »

Hvae you installed .NET?
Have You launched DF?

I told it download.  Am I suppose to do something else with it?
I launched DF.
I ran the program.  Am I suppose to do something else?

>__>

I read the page and it just said to run the program after downloading .net..

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2009, 04:18:08 pm »

I set them to Pump Operators just fine, and when they grow up they have super legendary stats so they make great military dwarves.

(I also set them to grow up in one year but that's neither here nor there)

Huh, I used DM to set hauling labors on children. It looked like they 'took' but they aren't hauling anything. I am using 40D with fallout mod BTW.

Hvae you installed .NET?
Have You launched DF?

I told it download.  Am I suppose to do something else with it?
I launched DF.
I ran the program.  Am I suppose to do something else?

>__>

I read the page and it just said to run the program after downloading .net..
Did you run the .NET installer after downloading it?
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2009, 05:13:31 pm »

It said it had installed, so I'm assuming I did.  It gives me the option to use it at least...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 05:31:53 pm by Umi »

Jurph

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Belt-fed Weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2009, 05:30:22 pm »

I can usually get them to legendary engraving before they reach adulthood, so that as soon as they mature they're immune from the economy.
Dreambrother has my original hammer-shaped Great Hall.  Towerweak has taken the idea to the next level.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13