Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: The Dwarven Vault - future sucession game  (Read 8224 times)

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Vault - future sucession game
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2008, 03:18:54 pm »

But the point behind the whole fort is to seal away the dwarves from the world, not make a stone fire hose.  :)

But it would be good to have a cistern for fishing and water drinking. I'm working on that now, and other stuff as well.

Oh yea, we now have about 10 champion's in wrestling, or about that many. And Captain Affy is now living up to her name, by leading a squad of 5 champions! Huzzah!

I'm also starting the metal age for the dwarves! HUZZAH!! STEEL IS COMING!!

"Okay Paco, lets, move everything into a niche/alcove, and dig into the face of it, that'll suffice."

"If we didn't, we'll have to MOVE! Then if we have expanded enough, we'll find another, we'll make a choke point hall, only wide enough for a wagon, a collapsible part, to lock us off from foes we may find, and some  war dogs."

X###X
X#+#X
X###X
X^^^X

^ Pressure Plate
X Wall
+ Floor
# Floor Grate
Color coating means they are connected...

It takes a small amount of stone, and is easy to reset, to reset you need ~28 stones.

I fucking hate this boards post coding, it's godly bad, I WANT TO FUCKING BE RID OF THE ITALICIZE!!!
>.< I had to edit 15 times to remove it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 03:28:43 pm by Foa »

Goldsie

• Bay Watcher
  • Tears the throats out of wolves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2008, 05:26:32 am »

Dear Diary,
Gah! Everything here is so terrible, my only friend is now dead, right after I talked to her as well, Hell I watched her die, now I all alone with these arseholes. Also there are so many dam fire-snake's around here, every time I see one I nearly pass out! At least I'm always surrounded by my favorite color... grey, its so dark, so monogamous. I hear that we recently defeated a couple of ambushes, of course nobody told me directly, who would want to speak to a dirty bloody miner? The only time they speak to me is to ask me to help people! What is this? What a bloody waste of my time, a skilled worker and miner sent to assist some bedridden nobody, if they cant look after themselves then they should be left to die, that's my philosophy. The only thing that gets me through is the fantastic dining room with its fine door, sometime I just love to stand and admire that door, but its almost let down by the fact that there is no well! What the hell is this? An elven retreat? I am so dam near putting this pick through someones head.
http://springrts.com/

play it, love it

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2008, 05:15:46 pm »

I will be updating on thursday, because I just recently went back to school and I had to study.

Until then, please be paitent!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2008, 03:00:47 am »

Journal of Zak:

It has finally happened. I knew we should have killed them all the first time they came!

Two squads of champions ran out to meet the squad of axeusers and wrestlers head to head! Kornash's squad reached the scum first, with one of the champions falling to axe blows. He was avenged, but not without more injuries usffered by 2 more champions (both of Kornash's squad) with one dieing to bloodloss after the battle.

No goblins left alive, made sure by Captain Affy chasing down a runner.

Good.

Captain Affy recruited two of the peasants into the military and gave them time to train non-stop through the season. After they were sufficently skilled, they were re-assigned to Kornash's squad, bringing it back to 5 members (One wounded).

In light of this, Viktor decided to arm his squad with 5 iron crossbows and train them in their usage. They seem to be going well.

Everyone has FINALLY got a room to themself, and they are all being furnished fully. The rooms are quite satisfactory, and are better than the ones in the mountainhomes where you had to climb over your furniture to get to your bed. Ours have more style and room than those thankfully.

Finally, I have decided to promote one of the peasants to be the new captain of the guard. Aided by her 10 guardsmen and women, she will keep us all from breaking the law and will hopefully not be corrupted by power. 10 cells have also been furnished and as a side note, the captain of the guard is married to one of the guards that she commands.

Interesting events so far...

I must go talk with the nobles of our home now about the menace outside. I only hope they have the sense to be afraid...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 03:55:29 am by Zako »

Foa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2008, 06:08:08 pm »

Is Schmoop included, and if yes, how?

I want to know, is going to kill, other than doing drafted butchering...

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2008, 07:19:44 pm »

Whoo! Take that yer goblin scum!

'Green Menace'? Oh please...

By the way were any named dwarves killed/wounded in the siege or just unnamed extras?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2008, 12:46:10 am »

You'll see, and no named characters were hurt this time.

Thank god for that!

Edit: After a GIGANTIC mass wave of immagrants, we now have about 82 dwarves in total! All of the nobility, excepting manager for myself, and most of the military and all of the guards are up for grabs for anyone who wants a dwarf before we seal away from the world!

Trust me, its coming soon so grab one now or in the next week!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 02:07:36 am by Zako »

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2008, 06:15:58 pm »

so, AFTER you seal away the world, what will you do?
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2008, 08:10:19 pm »

You'll see that it won't be all that easy to forget the outside world...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2008, 04:38:52 am »

"This is serious, they know we are here and they will not hesitate to invade us at a moments notice. What is the status of our defences?" said the dungeon master to the assembled dwarves.

"They could stand more improvement. The soldiers have no armour aside from a few leather sets and fewer actual weapons. There are no traps in the corridors and I don't know the state of our doors to the world." replied Captain Affy.

"The doors are not just normal doors, they are my specialy designed "Blast Doors"." interuppted Lugnut.

"Blast doors? Why are they so special from our normal doors? And if they are the entrances to the world, how strong are they? Would they be able to withstand the goblins?" inserted Kornash, finally able to come up with something to talk about.

"Well, they aren't like normal doors if thats what you're thinking, and yes they can easily withstand what the goblins can throw at them. I named them blast doors because by my calculations, they can withstand blasts from a dragon, they are that secure! I'll explain for all to understand; the blast doors are really a series of barriers that form a large door with three layers. On the outside, a meter thick slab of rock raises up to cover the entire entrance, like a drawbridge, but it is completely flush with the walls of the entrance cavern. The middle layer consists of a double door, like the ones on the stockpile rooms. Finally, another meter thick slab of rock rises up from the inside to seal of our side of the double doors, creating a very thick and nigh impenetrable barrier." Lugnut proudly explained.

"The slabs of rock are connected to a lever in a special room near the entrance, which is only accessable from inside the vault. The double doors operate excactly like the stockpile doors and are lockable, forming the third barrier. The slabs are flush with the walls so they cannot be pried open or destroyed when in the closed position, forming a barrier as unmovable as a mountain."

"But what about the trade enterance? Has this got the same protection?" inserted the Captain of the Guard, stroking her hair unconsiously.

"Unfortunately, not yet. But it is protected by meter thick slab doors nonetheless, and will be improved when the masons get the chance."

"Very well then, by the power invested in me as Mayor of the vault, I order that the masonry workers of the vault work on these "Blast Doors", as you described them, as fast as they can. We must protect ourselves from the green menace and this is currently the best way to do so. In the future, I want the military to be outfitted with steel and for traps to be designed and constructed, as well as a indoor water source. Meeting is adjourned." said the mayor in a high and mighty voice.

All the dwarves stood and filed out of the mayors office, with Zak having a worried look on his face.

------------------------------

Some time later, a poster appeared in the corridor, just next to the doors of the dining room. It said thus:

Attention peasants!

The vault is in need of new metal workers in the following areas:

Armorsmithing
Weaponsmithing
Metalworking
Blacksmithing
Furnace Oporating
Various metalsmithing related duties

If you believe that you have the skills that match any of the above,
report to the mayors office for an interview on your future!

TAKE YOUR FUTURE INTO YOUR OWN HANDS!

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2008, 01:42:10 am »

Uncle Urist wants YOU!
Now, more than ever before, the Vault needs YOUR skills in metalworking.
With every passing day the green menace grows stronger. If you believe you have what it takes to work in the forges, apply to the mayor NOW!

Would you stand by while a bushfire raged?
Apply now to do YOUR part in helping to fight the green wave!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2008, 02:52:10 am »

Uncle Urist wants YOU!
Now, more than ever before, the Vault needs YOUR skills in metalworking.
With every passing day the green menace grows stronger. If you believe you have what it takes to work in the forges, apply to the mayor NOW!

Would you stand by while a bushfire raged?
Apply now to do YOUR part in helping to fight the green wave!

This is one of the main reasons that I look at these forums alot.

I LIKE YOUR ATTITUDE!

(By the way, the poster is just a plan of whats coming soon, but if you wish, you can become one of the new metalworking staff! Just say so if you want to!)

Foa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2008, 03:11:57 am »

Uncle Urist can bite himself, and die by the hands of a longcat.

I'd rather watch the progress of my animal farm, which is bad because no one is breeding, me want meat, and leather, now!
Why didn't I purchase any War Cats in the Outpost Prep? They're obviously better than cats, they fight, and produce food, and are obedient, and make people safer and happier, ALL-IN-ONE, I SHALL CLAIM THEE!!!
Uncle Urist wants YOU!
Now, as we speak, we have an inefficiency in our kitten slaughter!
He wants YOU, to train any cats, into WAR CATS.
Now you'll be safe, happy...
... we'll fed and clothed by an obedient feline.

Be the first and Urist will give you a Spouse.
This is a blatant lie...
Will you let the chance to be happy, and loved slip by.
Or will you be hunted down by famine and the bad things.
Happy SMASHEDNESS, children!

« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 03:23:58 am by Foa »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2008, 04:43:07 am »

We do have animals, a couple of dogs, two bovines with calfs and various pets including cats!

The unclaimed animals are in a cage to save fps, but I am thinking of releasing them to breed. So no butchering yet, sorry!

Foa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2008, 01:08:15 pm »

We do have animals, a couple of dogs, two bovines with calfs and various pets including cats!

The unclaimed animals are in a cage to save fps, but I am thinking of releasing them to breed. So no butchering yet, sorry!
Animal farms sucks my bullocks, it's been one season, and the four cats ( male and female evenly distributed ) haven't shat out any kittens.

This forum is TOO FUCKING BUGGY, can't even edit/post a post without doing it five times,  >:( >:( >:( !!!

Anyways, I'm thinking of putting, blast doors at the ramps, so that the containment is at a down low, with anything animal related, like food making, and leather doing, is going to be implemented.

Imma make a carpified moat!!!

IMPORTANT!!! To make an animal far, you need an Isolation Door, a tightly closed door, to hold them in, during harvesting times, and a bridge which runs over the moat, to make them not lag you, because they try to go through the door...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 01:57:10 pm by Foa »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8